maserati birdcage spotted in NYC

Home  \  Off Topic  \  maserati birdcage spotted in NYC

hey, first post!

i just saw the maserati birdcage yesterday, live in NYC. it was so beautiful, i snapped a few photos of it, check the out.

http://joyci.blogspot.com/

isn't this the most beautiful car ever made? :smoke:

posted by  nassau

Looks like ass. BTW, this might be considered advertising since its your first post.

posted by  newyorker

i think it looks like shit too

posted by  adamc44

EDIT to my original post. Its THE UGLIEST car ever made. A blind man wouldnt buy it.

posted by  newyorker

Ugly? No. Pretty? No. Unconventional? Heck yes. It's definately an intersting looking car.

posted by  jedimario

I like it :thumbs:

posted by  PontiacFan27

i like it too it has its own look and i think its nice might be a little weird to drive around though

posted by  mx3_monster

It's Interesting looking that's for sure.

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I think it's a nice car...kind of like an airplane from the interior (or so I would imagine...for now :laughing: ) Pretty sweet how the windshield goes all the way through, makes for a beautiful view, and a beautiful 700hp engine :drool: :drool: :drool:

But probably with a price tag to match :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

Looks interesting though i have to admit I'm not a big fan of the colour scheme they chose for it. :smoke:

posted by  speeder

The wheels look funky. Could it be the SpiderManMobile?

posted by  newyorker

What the heck is that?

First time seeing it for me. Any known stats on it yet? It looks extremely aerodynamic. Also, if the windshield is so long, wouldn't be dangerous for the driver since it can easily break, unless it's made from something else? The price tag will be a monster on it too.

However, this only looks like a simple stereotype and not something that will hit production for sometime.

EDIT: V12 6.0 Liter engine, weighing less than 2 tons, being aerodynamic, and producing over 700hp. Impressive! Check out:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Pininfarina-Maserati-Birdcage-Concept .htm

Gives great explanation on the interior/exterior/etc set-up.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Sometime if ever. I think the BHP is 700.

posted by  newyorker

it would so much fun rent a car, get full insurance on it, and "accidently" crash into one of those on the street. Or any other rare car. I know it souds like an asshole thing to do but i think it would be fun.

posted by  V-Tec

haha yea, just back into it or something
" oh sorry buddy didnt mean to run into your 300000 dollar car, doesnt look like much, just a little scratch, give me the color code off the door and ill run down to the store and get some touch up paint for it."

posted by  adamc44

ya right pshh take like a wrangler and just ride over that thing be like ohh yeah i didn't see u there. No prob we can just buff that out. :laughing:

posted by  V-Tec

Woop...doubt it will go into production any time soon, look at the dash...imagine that computer crashing :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

Worse than the Y2K bug?!!?!

posted by  newyorker

Hahaha. :smoke:

posted by  speeder

I think it looks awesome!

posted by  Mathew

really, i don't imagine one sees blind people buying a lot of cars... :screwy: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Welcome to CarForums. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I don't get it....

posted by  jedimario

ugly, just plain ugly :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

I agree...BTW this is my 650th post!...wow and yesterday was 600. I think I need a life. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Well when all you do is post-whore, whaddaya expect?

posted by  jedimario

50 posts in under 12 hours :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

yeah a post every 15 minutes great accomplishment

posted by  jedimario

erm, me no likey. :tomato:

posted by  SuperJew

uh oh... :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

From what I see, there's a computer controlling everything on there, most likely gas/brakes too...if it crashes, then you're basically in a box on wheels doing 200 miles per hour:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2005/2005-Pininfarina-Maserati-Birdcage-C oncept-RA-Raised-Canopy-1600x1200.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

And its HP...DEATH ON WHEELS! :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Your Message