Any Skiiers?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Any Skiiers?

Didn't see a thread like this around, so I decided to go for it since it's just winter around here. Anybody like to ski/snowboard here? Any specific level of expertise? Any interesting/good places/memories of any places you want to share?

Personally, I'm still a novice skiier (taught by 95civicdima), but I love it. This is my 3rd year and I usually head up the to the poconos (the closest slopes around here) a few times a year. Last year I did go to Vermont and it was super fun. Going for a week to Sugarbush Resort a bit farther up Vermont this year in a couple weeks, can't wait!

Just wanted to be the first to share. :smoke:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Don't ski, but I have the ski's...from about 2-3 years ago :laughing:

Might go this year, but I'll probably rent a snowboard, otherwise I'd have to buy ski boots :laughing:, and I lost the sticks :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

I love to ski!!! I always go up to Winterplace in WV, it's definately one of my fav winter activities.

posted by  jedimario

I've only been skiing once and spent most of the time either snowplowing or on my rear (in North Carolina). Next time I'll beg for some real bibs instead of those pants without suspenders...lol. I had so much snow in my pants I literally froze my bum off. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

Yikes! Sounds like my first snowboarding experience. My tailbone hurt afterwards, no exaggeration!

Then I tried skiing and I found it more fun and a bit easier, although many people have been disagreeing with me.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Yeah it was great, me riding down the mountain on my bum. LMAO, the ski patrol kept coming over to see if I was ok. I was constantly dodging the snowboarders and little kids. It was very embarrassing. Especially when the little kids come up to me and tried to tell me how to get up, lol. :orglaugh:

posted by  97Talonchik

I'm always looking on how to improve myself

posted by  95civicdima

Love it live it at least anytime im not working, snowboard and mainly just a free rider, not much of a park fan, nothing like riding 8,000 ft verticle of nothing but freshies on a powder day, lake louise and kicking horse is my fav so far, hope to go heli-board in valdez someday.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

mm. I LOVE skiing. its what I live for during the winter months... :drool:

I usually go in Vermont, usually Okemo, Stratton, Mount Snow, etc. we might make one trip up to Killington per season, and I'm in our school's ski club, which goes to Jiminy Peak in Mass.

posted by  SuperJew

I'm going to snowboard Wisp in Maryland in Feb.

posted by  67Coronet383

Snowboarder, I ride a 162 Burton Canyon (bought new in '99) w/Ride EX bindings and NorthWave Kevin Jones boots. Looking at getting a new board this year, I'm looking at either a Ride Yukon, a Burton Baron, or something from Lib-Tech (leaning toward the Yukon).

In the past I would hit up Mt. Hood frequently (long drive now), I generally hit Mt. Bachelor a few times a season (went to Bachelor over Thanksgiving), I'll occasionally hit up Anthony Lakes. I'm looking forward to trying out Mt. Ashland and Mt. Shasta this season. I went to Whistler about 6 years ago, I'm looking forward to another Whistler/Black Comb trip one of these days.

My friends and I are all pretty comparable in ability. We tend to steer off the groomed trail in favor of darting through the trees or hitting the terrain park (Air Chamber @ Mt. Bachelor). May the skies dump snow everywhere :thumbs: .

posted by  Bino

went skiing in indiana last year on new years eve for the first time with quite a few friends. i spent more time on my ass than i did skiing. one of my buddies was halfway decent because he had went before and talked me into going on one of the bigger hills. it took me 3 hours to get down. little 5 yr old kids would go by laughing at me. some people passed me at least 5 times. :oops: but even though i was sore for a good week i had a good time and wouldnt mind trying it agian. i did get fairly decent by the time we left.. couldnt get off the ski lift with out fallin down though :banghead:

posted by  adamc44

That is funny!!

We're heading up to Mammoth this weekend for a few days on the slopes.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I hear that's a really good mountain. Quite a drive from here, but I drove by it this weekend... I may have to try it out one of these days.

posted by  Bino

yup, i love snowboarding.

posted by  shev

I live in westvirginia so there an ample amount of awesome skiing i try to get there aroudn once a week

posted by  Aondor

lol, the mountain state doesn't have any mountains. I found that a little ironic.

come ski in mt, weve gotten around 52 inches so far, mountains, and plenty more snow a'comin

posted by  shev

Your Message