Ford Taurus SHO parts

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Ford Taurus SHO parts

Hey, I was just wondering if there is any kits or just a way that wouldn't be too costly or too hard to convert the front end on a Ford Taurus SHO? I don't mind the cars really except that the front end just doesn't look quite as good as how the car can perform.

I ask cause my friend has a 92' SHO and was wondering about either a conversion kit (as am I) or where to find body kits for one (other then factory). Also, does an SHO use 'special' plug wires or plugs? Cause he said he went to a dealership and they told him he needs special ones that cost about $200 or so total from them.

Thanks guys for you help.

BTW: He wants to add a turbocharger to his car but it has like 320,xxxKM on it. What would it take in order for it to be able to handle a turbo? (I don't believe it'd really be worth it anyway but he says it would be).

posted by  car_crazy89

Couldn't find much on the conversion n all ChrisV might be able to help you though, as for the turbo? It's got the 4.6 in it right? Well he would need an engine rebuild for one, other than that I'm sure some other things to be able to handle the power, tranny maybe rearend a few things for sure. I'd say it's NOT worth it. If this is his daily driver then just keep it going I mean come on 300k+miles?

posted by  Pythias

I got a buddy that is heavy into the SHO thing, its like acult. I'll ask him where he has found his material (I knoiw most of it is from other old SHO's) But if the engine has 300k on it..... yeah.

posted by  Voda48

Alright, sounds good thanks.

Also, when converted (as I'm in Canada and we use Kilometres instead of Miles) the car would have about 198,838 Miles. It is his daily driver (unless he takes his dad's Integra).

posted by  car_crazy89

Still too many in my opinion.

posted by  Pythias

I know, me to, but I just thought I'd make the correction lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Lol true. I mean at that many miles... who knows what could go? Even well-maintained? Things get tired eventually and simply break, adding 100hp or so is just not plausible. Maybe if this was his favorite car and he had 10k or so to replace most thing son the car for the turbo but I doubt either is the case lol.

posted by  Pythias

Well you'd be right, he doesn't have the money to pay that much lol, but he does plan to have the engines rebuilt if he does go to add a turbo. Don't think this is his favourite car, as he is also wanting a Subaru WRX (not STi as its too much).

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message