Serious Opinions Please

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Serious Opinions Please

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/vwhobo/09720642.jpg

Please post and indicate why you would expect to pay whatever price you've chosen for the Reuben. Thanks.

posted by  vwhobo

3.69 is about what I pay at a local deli on my way to work. Although I dont get rubens often, only when I get a real hankering for them.

posted by  Zalight

$2.99 for the obvious reason that is what the sign seems to imply.

Apparently it is more. So did you have the Reuben or did you tell them to shove it up their wazoo ?

posted by  theman352001

I chose $3.69...because it'd probably be more in Canada :doh:...but according to the sign, I'd pay $2.99 :laughing:

And the reason for this thread is...

posted by  chris_knows

I really have no idea what that is

posted by  newyorker

Either do I, but Google has pics of it lol:
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&lr=&q=reuben+sandwich

posted by  car_crazy89

I put I don't know but prolly around 3 to 4 bucks depending on where you go

posted by  99integra

I chose 3.69, but would have really liked to pick 4.29 maybe I'm thinking to much into this but from the sign 2.99 then like 30 cents tax with 1 dollar tip 4.29?

posted by  salimander13

well i dont know how big it is :S

posted by  Stem

lol. Wow

Read the sign again, you guys...

Is it the sandwich that is going for 2.99?
-------------------
It's a tricky marketing scheme. What should matter more, what is in writing, or what is implied?

What matters more? What people say? Or what they mean?

posted by  Godlaus

Wow...how did we all miss that :laughing::doh:

So it'd probably be $4.29 if it's $3.99 for the dip...

:clap: Props to Godlaus for figuring that one out.

posted by  chris_knows

Good thing I didn't vote (considering I had no idea what a Reuebn even was before this thread :mrgreen: ). I thought that "!" looked awkward, but around here people mess up on signs alot.

posted by  car_crazy89

Depends on where it came from. Someone coulda messed the sign up, or like Godlaus said, it could be a tricky marketing scheme. I put I don't know, but something tells me I'd buy it anyway, reubens are great!

posted by  jedimario

Let's see... that photo came from photovillage (or something of the equivalant), so that means that the hobo or someone else took that photo, and it's not on the internet as a public picture. I'm guessing that the hobo walked in, expected to pay 2.99, and they rang him up for 5.49, or something along those lines. Being a conservative, he won't let things like that slide, so he's making them take the sign down, change it, or charge him and future customers the right price.

posted by  Godlaus

Well I meant what kind of restaurant is the sign for.

posted by  jedimario

I wasn't pointing my post at you. (else I would've quoted your comment) I was trying to see if I had deducted (from the hobo) what had truly happened, and the reason for this topic.

posted by  Godlaus

maybe this thread is a psychology experiment to see how people react when put in a certain situation with a small amount of information.

posted by  salimander13

Is that why the photo is coming from a image hosting server?

And surely hobo has better things to do than perform experiments on us little CF members.

posted by  Godlaus

I'm fascinated. What is a reuban sandwich? Sounds like a german jew thing?

You looking at expanding your business VWHobo? You could emulate the Lexus service centres here: gymnasium, bakery, cinema, etc while you wait.

posted by  Wally

...Well I was Being honest. I go to WilloBellie's Deli on jefferson and pick up a 6 inch long reuben on rye for about 3.50, with chips and a drink it comes out to about 5 bucks.

posted by  Zalight

Here you go Wally.

Reuben Sandwich Explained (http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/encyclopedia/termdetail/0,7770,2748,00 .html)

They are quite tasty.

Ok vwhobo, are you going to elaborate on the point of this?

posted by  theman352001

So I take it the meat can be substituted ?

posted by  Wally

Not if the sandwich maker wants it to be any good!

posted by  jedimario

If you only look at it for a moment you would have thought 2,99...

but I guess it is more than that, so I chose "don't know:P"

posted by  Wolfenheart

So......

posted by  Godlaus

:banghead: :banghead: too old

posted by  mx3_monster

Speaking of sandwichs...whats everyones favorite?

posted by  Zalight

lol,

chipotle(sp?) southwest steak and cheese from subway
i am advertising:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

You can't beat a Wreck from Potbelly's!!!!!!:banana:

BTW -OLD THREAD!!!!

posted by  elchango36

Depends on the mood I'm in. Right now: Turkey with mustard, pickles, American cheease, and barbeque chips on lightly toasted white. Note: chips go in the sandwich, not along side it.

Usually the above or a Southwest Turkey & Bacon from Subway. They don't technically make it any more (not on the menu) but they still have all the ingredients, so you can get one. Plus the girls that work there give me like 8 strips of bacon. They know how to please a man:hi: .

posted by  giant016

I'm still waiting for the rationale of hobo posting this...

posted by  Godlaus

hmmmm, a Traditional minus the onions, olives, and dressing from Quiznos or a rueben from just about anywhere.

posted by  jedimario

Your Message