computer problem

Home  \  Off Topic  \  computer problem

ok so heres the deal, my screen is always left on and recently its been all fuzzy and before it used to go away in time, but now it just stays that way.
Its like if you have something on the screen to long on a plasma it will stay there. Will shutting of my computer solve this problem or do I need a new monitor.

On another note when you guys take screen shots where do they go maybe if I take a screen shot you can see what im talking about.

posted by  salimander13

lol, taking a screen shot wont show us how it looks to you if its the monitors fault.

go ahead and try, press print scrn and go into your paint program (or something like it) and go to edit paste.

I would definately turn off your monitor and computer and see if it helps.

posted by  shev

Try degaussing it...there should be a way to do it from the buttons on the monitor...why not trying to restart your computer, unless you're running something important...

posted by  chris_knows

You dont by any chance have a magnet laying right next to the monitor do you? :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

I don't think this is going to solve it and its been restarted several times, it started when the screensaver comes on and turns to just a blank screen after a while and when you move the mouse to get the picture back its all fuzzy if you will

yea that didn't help haha, I guess I'll try to shut it off for a while

posted by  salimander13

check the monitors physical settings....the convergences....

or the refresh rate....

posted by  dodgerforlife

how do you check the refresh rate?

posted by  salimander13

right click on desktop

settings tab

advanced

monitor tab

posted by  dodgerforlife

When did this problem start? Did you make some adjustments to your monitor or messed around with the power settings? :smoke: What monitor are you running?

posted by  speeder

A lesson to all of you, leaving your screen on all the time will ruin your screen. That's why there are things call "screensavers". Did you think it was just a cleaver name? It's very very very bad to leave your monitor on all the time with a still image on it. You don't even need to use a screensaver, turn the monitor off or put it on power save mode. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

Screensavers are a huge waste of memory. It's much more efficient from the standpoint of CPU usage and electricity to simply use the power saver feature on your monitor and computer.

BTW, I thought a "Cleaver name" was Ward, June, Wally or the Beave. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

True. I wish my name was the Beave. :laughing:

EDIT: I just saw what you were speaking of, forgive me I have been up for going on 35 hours straight with no sleep. I swear I am not blonde. My mind is a mess today (more than usual). :laughing: I think it's time my mush mind and I go to bed.

posted by  97Talonchik

Do you mean clever? And yes I did just think that was a clever name...... for awhile lol.

posted by  Pythias

If it was, then you could have a religion (http://www.paganlibrary.com/humor/church_of_beaver_cleaver.php) named after you.

posted by  vwhobo

:orglaugh: :orglaugh:

I actually thought that was a real church for a minute :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

problem started like a month ago and slowly progressed into a bigger problem. No adjustments were made to my monitor or power settings. Monitor is a hyundai.

My family does run a screensaver and this is where the problem began. As the screensaver stayed on the screen soon turned to just black. When the screen recharged it just scrambled and would go back to normal, but now it stopped giong back to normal and just remains scrambled

just checked and its running at 70hertz

posted by  salimander13

Your Message