Transportation Research

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Transportation Research

Hey everyone, I'm in class right now and I have to do a reasearch assignment for auto. I was wondering if any of you can help me choose some topics.

I need to research 5 major developments in the world of transportation and prepare a computer generated report. The topics can be of any combination involving, land, air sea, or space.

Any help/idea is greatly appreciated, thanks alot.

Peter

posted by  car_crazy89

How about the pneumatic tire, the reciprocating internal combustion engine, the wing (like on an aircraft), the jet engine and just for good measure the traffic light.

posted by  vwhobo

Air bags, ABS, Stability control, adaptive cruise control, crumple zone developments, remote diagnostics, hydro-forming developments, damn there is just too much stuff to list.

Good luck.

posted by  theman352001

WHAT ABOUT V-TAK, dont forget V-TAk. J/K :laughing:
Seriuosly though, there an enormous amount of info on the Jet engine. Think about it, it revolutionized the way we fight wars, and fly comercialy as well. :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

The ideas above are great...but I'd add Hyrdrogen and Diesel engines to that :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

You are aware that a diesel engine is a reciprocating internal combustion engine... Which was already mentioned. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

Yes but a reciprocating internal combustion engine is too general...I figured diesel would be an interesting section of it, especially since not too many people know the difference between a diesel and gasoline engine :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

How about researching those cameras that check your speed and automatically ticket you? I'd like to know if those are actually reducing the amount of accidents, or are just making me paranoid when I travel out of state (not knowing if that state has implemented them)

posted by  giant016

Thanks everyone for your ideas, it's greatly appreciated. If anyone thinks of something else, please feel free to add it here, thanks again. :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

I know it's probably too late....but when I think of transport milestones....I tend to thik abot thr Speed Camera :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Nope it's not too late yet, I have until sometime in January.

Thanks Cliffy, I don't know much about them, somethnig to look into :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

No doubt they'll become widespread accross the US etc soon, as they have here in the UK....Ya cant even cruise down a motorway at a progressive speed these days without being flashed by one :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

auto transmission, brakes, seat belts, the pickup truck, trucks(Frieghtliner, Kenworth, etc) and along those lines the 5th wheel

posted by  jedimario

Your Message