What did you guys get for xmas?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  What did you guys get for xmas?

I got a beach towel, a clock and a heap of money :mrgreen: , I'm planning to get this headunit for my car aswell:

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/7386/kdshx855l0bo.jpg

Specs (http://www.jvc-australia.com/products/_products_sub_group_details.asp?ID=1 396)

So what did you guys get?

posted by  GreekWarrior

I'll let you know when the sun comes up, but I'm getting myself this...
http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/c4/db/c1_1.JPG

posted by  elchango36

When the sun comes up? The suns allready gone down here in australia. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

i got a dvd burner, necessities(tolietries and socks/underwear) and money.

money = booze for new years :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well for CHRISTMAS (hope the government won't sue me now) I got a shit load of parts for my motorcycle, an impact wrench, air compresser and a craftsman tool bench

posted by  99integra

What do you get for the guy who already has everything he wants (me)? Yesterday my wife treated me to a professional full body massage and pedicure by a little Vietnamese chick. :thumbs:

Don't laugh, if you've never had a pedicure (I hadn't), it's awesome.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

posted by  vwhobo

got a nintendo DS (mario kart version), some weird candies from hong kong... and money from those who didnt know wtf to get me. :thumbs:

oh and canned air. because it rocks.

posted by  pik_d

I'm Jewish :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

1.dart board
2.jdm shot glasses
3.xmods - nsx :hi:
4.old navy jacket
5.logitech 5.1 speaker :thumbs:
6.plug and play games - 1000 of cheap chinK bootleggin in 1 :fu:

and that is it

posted by  my_wagon_gtr

got some clothes and stuff but mostly money to get my radar detector.

posted by  V-Tec

Let's see...I got a fair bit of money, the Simpsons's 6th Season, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle :laughing:, and Meet The Fockers, and the Official Driver's Handbook (Ontario), and an R/C, gas powered car...from about 2 months ago, but I can finally open it :laughing:

I think that's it.

posted by  chris_knows

To go along with that drivers handbook: License Quiz (almost like the actual test) (http://www.yd.com/YoungDrivers/default.asp?page_id=24#)

Well I got the usual clothes and other nessessities (sp?), GT4, some cd's, mp3/cd player, model/accessories, new hat.. :smoke:

posted by  car_crazy89

65% Part A
70% Part B

I should probably study in the next five months :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Well I got the usual stuff us males get (socks and jocks, etc), but I recieved a present from my sister which, for some reason took the prize.

I am one of those people who just goes forward looking for new horizons and challenges, but my sister's present, a book, made me pause and reminisce. It was a photo plated history of the industrial complex I began my working career at when I was 17. The place ceased operating in the early 1990's, but had a 100 yearold history to that point. It showed the young apprentices getting initiated, the tradesmen from all over the world who escaped the aftermath of two world wars, the militant unionism, the huge sheds that regularly hovered around 50°C in summer, etc.

I recalled the strict codes of conduct necessary to survive forge hammers, furnaces, lathes, gantries and boilermakers who could snap you like a twig. The Lithuanians migrants who hated the German migrants, the Scottish migrants that listened to the Goon show for what seemed an eternity, the Italians, the Yugoslavs, the Poms, the whole mix of men with scarred memories who had escaped the horrors of war and who could errupt into fits of anger if not treated carefully. Men who could gut you and strike fear with words alone. A young bloke soon learnt how to respect others and how body language worked. How being stripped and your crown jewels smothered in grease, paint and glue at the end of you first apprenticeship year was not barbaric, but a rite of passage and a reminder of your vulnerability and the feeling of achievement at being accepted, albeit on the bottom rung, as a man.

This place was my Hogwarts in a way. I was the Harry Potter of the workshops. My father passed away when I was 4 and we went to live my grandparents. My grandfather was a very big man (24 stone and muscular) and a hardened boilermaker, who had escaped the Glascow docks in his early twenties after making the mistake of knocking out the local strongman/bully. He had risen through the ranks at the workshops and was for decades someone who commanded respect, more for his support and friendship, but also his ability to lay waste to anyone who dared physical harm (he never laid a hand on me, but was still knocking out men at the bar in their twenties when he was in his seventies). So for years I could hear the men speak of me....... "that's Bull Xxxx's grandson" as I passed by, even though my grandad had retired years before I arrived on the scene. At my job interview the boss of the whole business turned up to see the grandson of Bull and tell me my things I'm sure even my Grandmother didn't know. There were the Malfoy's who wanted a piece of me on occasion because of who I was. I since found out those same war scarred migrant men I mentioned earlier, who hated each other with a passion would galvanise into an irresistable group and protect me, without me being aware of it and with force if necessary. This was how things were done; thugs and troublemakers quietly dealt with without the victim ever knowing, regardless of who you were. Time had a way of turning those that would harm me into friends and who still call to chat and devise ways of sending young people through trades and professions with assistance.

So I'm reading the book and getting that saltwater feeling at the back of my nose, turn the page and there's a dedication wall built of bricks, each with past employees names and dates! And there's my brick, next to my grandfather's, his son's and my blacksmith neighbour's, all long departed from this world. My brick is in good company. Merry Xmas guys.

posted by  Wally

I didn't post this earlier because the camera batteries weren't charged. Here are the other two parts of my Christmas trifecta. The blue Bug I've been looking for for months to complete a collection and the black and silver Bus I hadn't seen yet. Kewlomundo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/vwhobo/04f16f53.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

Ok, Volume 3 of Family Guy, socks, a bath robe, a calander, and MONEY. Merry Christmas to all.

posted by  elchango36

I got a stylish grey blazer and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for PS2.

Still have yet to get my gf's present cause I haven't seen her yet. (She lives far away, going over after Christmas dinner).

posted by  Mathew

well, merry christmas to everyone. im here at a friends house playing most wanted all night.

santa clause brought me a cell phone which i apparently needed.

also brought me a new g/f (sort of, we used to date and now we are trying again).

santa also even brought me back my ex-gf (talk about variety).

santa sent me new pc parts for next week.

and some extra stuff that would incriminate me if i mentioned it here ;)

posted by  Inygknok

I used some of my xmas money and bought these babies for my car today, boxing day special, 460watt 5-way Pioneer 6x9's. :mrgreen:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3442/168472238TS -A6991R_big.jpg

posted by  GreekWarrior

My girfriend got me an AutoArt Millenium 1:18 BMW E30 M3 Sport Evolution, its soooooooooooooooo nice, and the detail is fantastic. You can even read the numbers on the shifter. I've just been staring at it since yesterday....

This is what it looks like (from the website):
http://www.autoartmodels.com/images/photo/1_18/70562.jpg

posted by  Mathew

sorry for dp post.. comp froze up and i forgot to come back and edit

posted by  V-Tec

so i bough myself the passport 8500 x50 radar detector. I cant wait for this year to end. This has been a year of spending for me, next year better be earning. I spent like 7.5k this year and i just turned 16. ( all of that was the money i made caddying) I need a job :banghead:

posted by  V-Tec

so i bough myself the passport 8500 x50 radar detector. I cant wait for this year to end. This has been a year of spending for me, next year better be earning. I spent like 7.5k this year and i just turned 16. ( all of that was the money i made caddying) I need a job :banghead:

:laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

clothes, cd player for my car, parts for the race car, money. i think thats about it

posted by  glagon1979

Noone noticed my joke :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

PS2 wireless controller(sweet), socks, boxers, and 20 bucks from my sister in law. my family always does the gift exchange thing and no matter how many times i tell them that all i want is a sears gift card to buy some tools, i always get f***ing socks and boxers

posted by  carlos

got a 400W sub for my car, Xplod deck, kicker amp, PSP, Video Ipod, German National Football team Offical warmup jacket(only one in san diego, wha hoo!) money and gift cards

posted by  ride3k

i got a new 15" RE SX, a 2 week vacation with my family to Italy, socks, and lots of clothes :D WOOT, ill take pics of cars in italy for yall, probably alot of fiats and stuff

posted by  Stem

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/BavarianWheels/IMGP0866.jpg

posted by  BavarianWheels

Volume 5 of the Initial D manga,
Battlefield 1942 World War 2 Anthology,
New tires on the van that my dad lent to me,
a disappearing (sp?) gf,
FHM 2006 calendar :hi: ,
a new cd player,
a so-called "ps2 and x-box compatible" steering wheel (which i will return because it's not compatible to ps2 because there is no R or L buttons on the button config only R1 and L1),
a bike light,
a basketball,
The Drift Bible DVD
and 20$ haha sorry for the late MERRY CHRISTMAS

posted by  ahoo

It's ok, you're from new zealand. :thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

u post whore

everyone miss that?

posted by  V-Tec

I guess so, even though it got posted 3 times. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior