sound system help

Home  \  Off Topic  \  sound system help

hi i have a alpine cda-9811 head unit and a pair of alpine speakers and another pair of pioneer speakers in a box thats 37x17x7 inches.and i just biult to 8" subwoofer boxes i would like to know the minimum square feet a 8" needs? or should i take out the speakers and replace them with subs and just get 2 small 6x9 boes and put them in the trunk??? please help.. and i just baught an mrd-m605 alpine amp.

posted by  nick27

Ouch...Audio hurts my brain.

Too many random numbers in order for me to get whats going on, lol :tard: :laughing:

posted by  Zalight

ok sorry so it sounded abit bazar lol newayz could i fit 2 10" subwoofer in a 37x17x7 inch box... or just use my 8" subwoofer boxes i made...

posted by  nick27

why dont you check the instruction you got with the subs, it should tell you what volume their boxes should be! :thumbs:

posted by  Mk3golfer

Get the subs and check if you can.

posted by  newyorker

what 8" are they? :thumbs:

posted by  Mk3golfer

there the new infinity 8" reference and they seem like good subs but i checked their website and they dont say what the minimum box they aquire?

posted by  nick27

check the instruction manuals you got with the subs... :thumbs:

posted by  Mk3golfer

well i didnt get the subs yet because i wanted to know if i couldve use the other big box i ahd instead and put 10" or should i just use the 8"

posted by  nick27

but in general are infinity subs good i never herd of people bringing them back because they blew are they long lasting pounding subs??

posted by  nick27

a) long lasting because infinitys aren't really cranked. they aren't really known for getting to loud. they are more known for sound quality, which can be achieved without blasting the shit out of them.

b) please be a little more coherent with what you are asking.

"hi i have a alpine cda-9811 head unit and a pair of alpine speakers and another pair of pioneer speakers in a box thats 37x17x7 inches.and i just biult to 8" subwoofer boxes i would like to know the minimum square feet a 8" needs? or should i take out the speakers and replace them with subs and just get 2 small 6x9 boes and put them in the trunk??? please help.. and i just baught an mrd-m605 alpine amp."

Here's what I get from this...
1) you have four speakers of unknown size in a 37x17x7 inch box
2) you just built two 8" boxes, unknown dimensions, and did not know what size they should be.
3) you want to know the minimum sq-ft for 8" subs. 1 or 2, sealed or ported, single or double chamber, brand?
4) take out unknown speaker sizes and replace with 8" subs?
5) 6x9 boxes are of a pretty standard size. why put them in the trunk, you won't hear much.

And then there was this gem:

"ok sorry so it sounded abit bazar lol newayz could i fit 2 10" subwoofer in a 37x17x7 inch box... or just use my 8" subwoofer boxes i made..."

From what I get from before, you want to put two ten inch subs into a box that has four speaker holes in it of unknown sizes.....pray tell, how do you plan on doing that? Furthermore, do you mean to use the 8" boxes for 8" subs, or for two 10" subs...

Clear some of this up, and I'll be able to help you out a bit better.

Oh, and for a side note.

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Boxes%20and%20Parameters/840W%20Tech%20Sh eet.pdf

found from: http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='REF840W'&Ser=R EF&Cat=SUB

the little picture to the right that says "boxes & parameters"

Obviously you didn't actually look at the site.

posted by  dodgerforlife

well said... :thumbs:

posted by  Mk3golfer

so your saying the infinitys arent good subs to get because they dont get loud at all but do they have good sounding bass thast pretty loud???

posted by  nick27

Way to ignore the rest of the post muffin. I won't answer this question until you answer the rest of mine.

posted by  dodgerforlife

i just wanna know if infinity are good subs thats all???

posted by  nick27

soooooo you want the rest of your posts ignored.....guess I'll ignore answering this one too.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message