Job anyone???

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Job anyone???

I mean, do you know of one available for me. :hi: (include pay if you want me to consider the inevitable wise-crack jobs that are about to be posted)

Anyway, just thought I would mention that the company I worked for went through a re-org yesterday and my position was "eliminated". In fact, so was my whole department.

So, hi-ho hi-ho, it's off to look for work I go. (play appropriate music in your head)

The part that sucks is that it was for an automotive related company and I enjoyed the job. Oh well, I had fun while I was there.

So I'll be on and off the forum sporadically during the job hunt but I'll try to pop in once in a while to see who is b!tchin' at who. (and try to help out where I can)

Good luck all.

posted by  theman352001

Good luck on the job search. With unemployment so low and the fact that you seem to be a stand up guy, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a new place to hang your hat.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of work are you going to be looking for? Please don't feel compelled to answer.

posted by  vwhobo

Good luck to you, sir.

posted by  hondaman

Good luck on finding a new job...I was fired yesterday, but was planning on quitting today because school was starting, and growing tomatoes hurts your back :ohcrap:

I'm sure you'll find something good soon enough :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Damn, that really sucks... Was there a severance or any reasonable unemployment bennies that will tide you over?

When my wife's company lost their government contract (administering the TriCare insurance plans), they folded up. She found that it took nothing to fall back into selling cars for a few months until Monster came through with a decent job.

posted by  ChrisV

My mom is the human resource director at a nursing home and needs an assistant.

If your willing to move your ass allllll the way down here, and put up with my mom (I love her but shes overbearing) then you got the job :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

Good luck on the job hunting bro keep your head up and all shall be well you'll see

posted by  95civicdima

I'm sorry to hear about that. Being out of work, with bills coming in can be tough.Good luck on finding something. Let us know how it goes.

posted by  SmileLines

Thanks all for the kind words.

Yes there was a severance package as well as support with a career development service. (resumes and stuff) So I do have some time to find a job before my income is cut-off completely. I actually have my first meeting with the service this afternoon.

Zalight, thanks for the offer. While I am willing to move, the whole nursing home deal doesn't quite have me saying "I gotta work there". Tell your mom I wish her luck in her search for an assistant.

As for what I will be looking for.....well I am going to be somewhat flexible. I just came out of an senior engineering postition but I have also been working on my MBA. There is a small chance that I may take a year off and work full-time on the MBA. That would open yet another set of doors.

I'll keep you all posted.

posted by  theman352001

Nice! I love me some severance package! I used to work for a company here in town that closed the location in albuquerque so they kept paying me the average of my last 6 months of pay checks for another 6 mos after the center closed.

Mmmm-Hmmm. Getting paid to do nothing is nice!

posted by  Zalight

Well, not exactly nothing. Now I get paid to find myself a better job. With any luck, I'll find something before the severance stops and then I get 2 paychecks. :thumbs:

There were a bunch of my former co-workers at the meeting this afternoon. Some I didn't even know were on the "hit list" . It was nice seeing them. (plus I found out where everybody is meeting for beer this friday)

posted by  theman352001

Your Message