Some People

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Some People

AUTOPILOT: An unidentified man in Paw Paw, Mich., got his car stuck in the mud near Leroy Township. No need to wait for a tow truck: "After several attempts to free the car," said a spokesman for the Calhoun County sheriff, "the man placed his toolbox on the vehicle accelerator, exited the vehicle and attempted to push the vehicle free. The man was successful." Success, of course, is relative: he got his Mercury full-sized sedan clear from the mud, but then had to run behind it to try to catch it. No luck: the car reached an estimated 100 mph, sometimes going airborne after hitting bumps, until it smashed into a tree a half-mile from the mud pit. Deputies decided not to give any citations to the man, who was not injured. (Battle Creek Enquirer) ...Not counting his pride.

posted by  vwhobo

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: Good find hobo

posted by  jedimario

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

There was a similar thing in Michigan a couple of years back, where a guy was driving his RV and went in the back to make coffee (with the RV going down the highway) and he ends up crashing, sues the company for not clarifying what cruise control is, and ends up winning 1 or 2 million dollars, and a new RV :laughing: :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

I wonder what goes through these peoples heads is it lack of common sense or just plain stupidity :doh:

posted by  salimander13

That's hilarious. I bet the sherriff's department had a field day with that.

posted by  97Talonchik

That guys AWESOME!!!11!!!11!

posted by  Zalight

rofl, one wonders how you would not think that leaving something on the gas pedal, will continuously give it gas...

posted by  ride3k

sounds like something that would happen out here. :laughing:

posted by  TheFieroKid

Man... I hate when that happens! :laughing:

posted by  SmileLines

poor toolbox... :laughing:

posted by  nightroad

hahaha nice. :orglaugh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

That one was an urban myth. Go here: http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp

posted by  ChrisV

I didn't think anyone was THAT stupid.

posted by  Pythias

That's the exact one I was thinking of (I believe) but thought it was true, because it was said on the news :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message