Whats your hobby

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Whats your hobby

kinda bored wondering what peoples hobbies are I run with my friends, and on rare occasions hit up the ps2. I'm trying to find another hobby to get into because I don't like sitting in my house for to long.

posted by  salimander13

Ummm.... working on cars mainly, I lift weights when time allows, usually following by a game of basketball to help flush out my muscles. In the winter I hit the slopes whenever I can. Once in a while I'll hit up GT4 of Forza, but I'd rather explore some back roads in my own vehicle.

posted by  Bino

First off a girlfriend might help you out with that bro. Second off my hobbies are as listed:

Chess
Computers
Car searching
Basketball
Soccer
Volleyball
School (not by choice :doh: )
Natalie (my gf)
work

that's it but it keeps me busy

posted by  95civicdima

Yeah, a girlfriend will definitely take up any spare time you thought you had.

posted by  Bino

I wish I had a girlfriend, I've never had one before and everyone says its all drama and stuff, but I'd like to be part of that drama because life right now is pretty boring. The only problem is when I find an attractive girl I may seem interested in, I tend to get shy and think to much instead of acting and trying to get her number.

posted by  salimander13

I collect die-cast cars(Hot Wheels, Matchbox, etc.). I also play video games a good bit. I hope to have real cars as my hobby one day, though.

posted by  jedimario

My hobby is practicing and improving my people skills with the never ending parade of ignorant jerkoff motherf*ckers who pass through this forum spewing their never ending streams of bullsh*t.

Opps. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

I bet I have some cars you'd like to have. Of course 99% of mine are VW's or VW related.

posted by  vwhobo

I collect cars on a 1:18 scale. I'm also a huge movie buff. Downloading stuff is another hobby I guess. Also building my car if that counts. As for the Gf, I'm taking a break right now. Gf's are nothing but drama, time consuming, and expensive (I wouldn't have been able to do half the shit I've done to my car had I had a Gf). Besides, once school starts back up again, I'll only have time for school and work.

posted by  elchango36

didn't we talk about the whole cussing thing in another thread, I've cut down now how about you. I also have a die cast car set from when I was younger Just put them in a storage box 3 days ago.

posted by  salimander13

Does that mean you'd sell them?

posted by  jedimario

Working out mostly, and trying to learn more about cars.

posted by  Pythias

Yeah so I have a GF, that does take a lot of my time however I have a few other hobbies:

Triathlete
Gym
Computers
Model Building
Learning
My Cat

I am sure there are more, just can't think of them right now...... To busy staring at my new monitor :drool: 21.3" HD Hello ladies.

posted by  Voda48

I am constantly at work, doing overtime etc (saving money for booooooost) but when im not there

-Raquetball (aka tennis the way it should be)
-Hanging out with people who drive fast cars (RSW)
-I just recently got into parkour I have been doing it for about a month now and am getting prgressivley better. The only thing holding me back is that there isn't anybody here in NM who's really into it, and there arent any really good spots.

posted by  Zalight

Ha ha. I didn't know this was also a joke thread. That was funny.:laughing:

Next time I drive up through Rock Hill maybe I'll stop by and show you some.

posted by  vwhobo

Alright...hobbies, not many but here's what a typical weekday is for me:

School, Hang out with friends, CF, download stuff, play games (Usually CS/NFS MW), eat, MSN, Games/TV, sleep

Weekend:

Eat, go to either mall or work, hang out with friends, eat, watch TV/Games/MSN, eat again, and sleep

But that's ust what a typical day is...

posted by  chris_knows

I wasn't interested in buying any, I was just wondering why you said that.

posted by  jedimario

demolition derby...
enduro racing,
fishing,
drinking with friends,
pool,
darts
cornhole

posted by  adamc44

Cars, and makin money.

posted by  newyorker

Learning an instrument is always a constructive way to spend spare time. In the summer when I'm bored I take a nice ride through the boonies in my car. Winter sucks around here unless you have a nice 4WD truck, in which case there are some nice trails.

posted by  giant016

Girlfriend
Guitar
Cars
Customizing random things
Pyro
Movies and music editing/filming
Hang out with the homies

-So yeah that takes away all of my time aside from the usual eat sleep and work routine

posted by  Spanky2324

Although I 'm a girl, I tend to have hobbies that alot of guys have. But I grew up mostly around guys so I guess it makes sense.

- Surfing and basically just going to the beach
-Playing guitar
-Anything art related whether it be drawing,painting,sculpting, etc...
- Guns, I like to go target shooting.
-Shopping and other girly stuff that you guys won't care about
- PS2, movies, music

posted by  SmileLines

I used to Mountain Bike a lot, rocks, trails, etc. I'm hoping to buy an expensive bike this summer ~$2000 and get into it full on.

Rollerhockey....play it every weekend that I can.

Watching movies. I try to see a lot of "indie" movies, but I catch most of the mainstream ones. I don't waste my time with anything starring Johnny Knoxville or Paris Hilton or any other bullshit. I am the biggest movie critic I know.

More of a past thing, but used to research musicians, mostly guitar players, rock bands....classic rock stuff, grunge, some underground stuff.

Cars, obviously, its my job and growing into my biggest hobby. Spend hours just researching what I can. I like to know about the industry as much as under the hood.

Going to the Pool Hall.

Watching the Vancouver Canucks...have maybe missed ...~4 games this year out of ~42 (I'm Canadian, hockey, ITS WHAT WE DO.)

posted by  Mathew

fixed

posted by  Zalight

You forgot wrestle polar bears :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Me too...
Other than that:
Eating
Watching bad movies
Reading
Detailing my car
Test driving new cars (last one was the Commander)
Listening to diverse music

posted by  ChromeDome

Was it as good as it looks? :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

in this exact order...
going out to have some fun.
working on cars.
driving cars.
listening to music.
chillin with the homies/homegirls.
work (actual occupation)
drinking
home improvement
i forget the rest but theres alot of stuff you can do. try the home improvement. it helps alot.

posted by  bboy_sphinx

haning out wit friends
drivin around
workin on cars
and partyin

posted by  mx3_monster

Oh joy where to start.......

Hang out with friends
Surf
Play guitar
Get in trouble
Mess with mall security
Scare the hell out of old people at the mall by jumping out of the clothes rack at Dillards
Driving
Doing construction work with my Grammpa
Learn about cars
Going to the beach and listening to Bob Marley or 311 while catchin the sunset with my friends
Having bar-b-ques at the beach
Chilling at the beach
Swimming

eh, s'all I can think of right now

posted by  99integra

What is this beach you speak of? Are you talking about the mesa? Or the endless miles of dirt I can see outside of the city here?

posted by  Zalight

LOL, close enough you crazy Mexican :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Hey!!! Its spelled messicen.

posted by  Zalight

Hey man edit your sig please... no f bombs :thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

You forgot "Live in igloos"

Then theres you guys:

Go to the ball game, shoot things with your shotguns, upgrade your El Caminos. :laughing:

posted by  Mathew

ok so maybe this isn't a hobby, but me and my friends are going to go out to malls and stores to just ask out girls till we get a number. We did it today and well no luck me and my friend got shot down WITH THE SAME EXCUSE....oh well were going to go somewhere later :doh:

posted by  salimander13

That sucks. Some girls are just cautious and don't feel comfortable giving out their phone #'s to strangers. I'm a girl, and I'm sure I would have used an excuse also. What was the excuse?

posted by  SmileLines

they told my friend that they were leaving soon....which ended up to be true, but I guess if they wanted him to stay they could have sat a while more. For me I walked up to them and said excuse me would you like to have lunch with me and my friends...their response was were giong to get something in a while.

posted by  salimander13

Totally, dude.
I drove the 5.7 Hemi, and it had a ton of juice, but felt totally smooth and was eerily quiet - not what I was expecting for an engine that big. :thumbs:

posted by  ChromeDome

You obvipously didn't take Zailight's advice

:laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Originally Posted by ChromeDome
(last one was the Commander)

How was it? I heard the interior and the third row are awesome in real person...

posted by  boothe

hahaha, thats great I'll probably end up messing it up, but hey everythings worth a shot I've got nothing to lose.

posted by  salimander13

My bad :wink2:

posted by  99integra

And you forgot "eat raw meat and the beat our wives."

Yeah, well us merrricans Canroll how we want to....remember (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=164751#post164751)?

posted by  Zalight

Your Message