Car Sound System Problems

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Car Sound System Problems

high i have a mustang and im very limited in space so i built 2 8" boxes but i would like to know if 8" are good for good bass and do they get loud??? i was looking at the infinity reference 8"??

posted by  nick27

you already built the boxes and NOW your asking if their good? w/e

8" is small, and depending on the subs u get it probably wont be the loudest thing you will hear... but that depends on what you call loud...

dont get reference subs, junk, how much u money you willing to spend for 2 8"s and an amp

posted by  Stem

no, and no. The 8's can not hit deep, but they can hit tight and clean. They will not get that loud.

posted by  dodgerforlife

but i herd the infinity reference could get pretty loud ther 200rms and my amp gives out 200 rms but do 8" subs sound good for bass cuz thats all i could fit in my car... so the wattage doesnt mean anything it depends on how big the cone is??

posted by  nick27

you are worse then talking to a brick wall. You can fit larger then 8"s in a mustang. I've seen mustangs pull off 2 15"s...guess you have the shits for install skills.

posted by  dodgerforlife

rofl 200rms, i shit on 200rms, there are cheap ass 12's that handle 1000watts... reference are junk like i said... and 8"s wont get too loud like we both said, if you wanted deeeep bass your gonna need a 15" ported. how many 8's do you have?

posted by  Stem

i have 2 8" boxes ready to fit any 8" subs but i dont wanna spend alot thats why i saw the reference and i just wanted some feedback on how they are i cant go any bigger than 8"....

posted by  nick27

well i mostly listen to dance music so which one would be better tight bass (8") or deep bass since theres more beats per minute in dance music tha in rap pop and other genres.....

posted by  nick27

10's or 11's would be waaaaaaay better suited to dance music.

posted by  dodgerforlife

kk dogger it seems you knwo alot so i currently have a box that is 37x17x7 with 2 aline speakers and 2 pioneer speakers if i take those speakers out could i fit 2 10s???

posted by  nick27

question, why do you have 4 speakers of unknown sizes in the same box?....

and furthermore, it depends on how you want that box set up, for spl or sql, and what subs you would be using, as to whether it would be suitable or not...

posted by  dodgerforlife

ok the speaker sizes are 6x9 all for of them and i was looking at the jbl 10"s the gto series. would those fit in that box??

posted by  nick27

Your Message