Show Cars

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Show Cars

What are some things you could do too make a show car really nice besides neons, exhaust, intake, struts, & sways?

posted by  RDR23RAIN

CAR SHOWS (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=401)

posted by  snoopewite

If your list dispalys your ideas for making a car "really nice" then your best bets are lots of stickers, some Type-R badges, bright yellow brake calipers, a big old fart cannan and a park bench.

By the way. Wasn't this your first post? Why yes it was. New members should always make their first stop the "Intoduce Yourself" section, especially when they're asking for help.

posted by  vwhobo

Neon? OM!

posted by  BavarianWheels

om? what the?

posted by  SuperJew

OM = Oh my

posted by  BavarianWheels

Make it perform. . .

Justin

posted by  Hoxviii

buy a lambourghini, that should impress... :laughing: or if you want a real mans car a 427 '63 stingray...

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Ok, to be serious for a moment, showcars require a couple things to make them stand out: quality workmanship, detailing, and creativity. the last one doesn't mean sticking on all the latest accessories you can find. it does mean making a car as coherent a style, while making it not being a clone of any other car (unless it's a famous car that you're cloning, and doing a 'tribute" to that car. A prime example is the Hirohata Merc frm the '50s, or the Moonglow '53 Chevy).

Neon lights, stickers, and wings, CAN be used in moderation if that's the style you are going for, but they aren't necessary to make a show car, much less a good show car. You also don't need aftermarket performance products to make a good show car. Detailing and workmanship are more important.

posted by  ChrisV

A '63 Vette with a 427. Surely you don't think they came that way from the factory, do you?

posted by  vwhobo

Dude, I'm taking(stealing) the five fingers. Like it or not. :wink2:

posted by  lectroid

oh its already been taken! :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

I can get all kinds of those.. but im no tellin ..... :laughing:

posted by  jzxTT

okay. bring it! :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

no, i actually meant '73.. my bad.. :doh:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

MMMMMMMMMM BitCh!
http://www.comedycentral.com/gallery/chappellesshow/images/cs_seas2pics_9.j pg
http://www.comedycentral.com/gallery/chappellesshow/images/cs_seas2pics_10. jpg
your not worthy to get moving pix. :laughing:

posted by  jzxTT

A '73 Vette with a 427. Surely you don't think they came that way from the factory, do you? I seem to be asking you this question alot.

posted by  vwhobo

hmmm.... ok, maby i've been mis-informed here :banghead:, but my "chevy enthusiast" friend was going on about 427 chevy stingrays last night and i'm big enough to admit when i'm (or he is) wrong, so tell me what year was it then or was it all an after market modification which i was told was a production model? and, like i said before i want to learn so if there is anywhere i can read up on this tell me..

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Corvettes most assuredly came from the factory with 427's. You now are aware that '63 was too early and '73 was too late, so that should narrow it down for you. Here's an idea, why not spend a little time online researching what years came with a 427 and let us know. You'll learn alot more by doing the work than if someone just hands you the answer.

posted by  vwhobo

lol.. ok.. you should be a teacher.. the expression "must try harder" comes to mind.. :lol: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

I am, part time.

posted by  vwhobo

seriously? shame you can't give out detentions here..but i suppose you can expell people.. ok, the vette was produce with a 427 block between '66 and '69 and was advertised as having 390 to 435 horsepower.. but it was actually much more.. now can i have a gold star? :lol: :joking: :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Yes. As my star pupil for the day perhaps you can teach Fife.Cruiser how to tell time.

posted by  vwhobo

ok, now the big hand is the mniute hand and the little hand is in his trousers playing with his little nuts...he he he.. just tell him to buy a digital watch.. but make sure he straps it on the right way around.. :laughing: :orglaugh: :laughing: :orglaugh: :laughing:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

ok, i just read where he is having issues with the time and i really do believe/conclude that there is no hope for him.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Your Message