Good news

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Good news

So yesturday I got promoted to supervisor. Its not that big a deal, but its to know that someone recognizes my talents. Also today is my birthday and I just turned 19 my future car is in the shop and things are looking up. Just dediced to share this with everyone since im not allowed to talk about it at work.

posted by  salimander13

Nice going bro! Thats always a good feeling to get promoted

posted by  99integra

Congrats mang!

posted by  Zalight

Well then Congradulations on the promotion and Happy Birthday! :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

Wait...So 19, got a car, and a promotion...Only one thing to do...Road trip to Canada, and get boozed up :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Hey, congrats on the Promotion!......and Happy Birthday, too! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

congrats.......what do you get to do? can you fire people? like in that simpsons episode where homer becomes a football coach and cuts everyone

posted by  ahoo

I thought it was 18 for liquor? Me and my buddies were gonna go up this summer. Dammit!

posted by  giant016

Nope, it's 19, but still isn't hard to get if you tried lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Congrats!

posted by  jedimario

Congratulations sir. Now all you need is a hot lady by your side and your really set :thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

Although I can't fire people I can get them in trouble enough to get them fired by a higher authority, I liked that simpsons episode. Getting boozed up, sounds good....to bad I don't like the taste of alchohol. That girl by my side if I had that I could honestly say this might be the best day of my life. Thanks everybody.

posted by  salimander13

Where do you work?

Oh, and congrats, by the way.

posted by  Mathew

Nice work bro. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I work at a movie theatre nothing special, but supervisor still looks good on an application its low pay 7.25 now. Its better than nothing

posted by  salimander13

'Tis 18 in Alberta and Manitoba. I think the rest are 19 though.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Ah nice, I've always wanted to work in a movie theater or a video store, I think if I was rich and set for life I would do that for fun. I would just love being surrounded by movies. Anyway I guess its too late for me because basically I'm working as a trainee at a car dealership and thats my carreer. Oh to be 17 again. :banghead:

posted by  Mathew

I bet there's a million 17 year olds working at movie theaters/video stores wishing that they could be working at a dealership. :laughing:

posted by  giant016

Yeah true. This is definately the best job I have ever had. I'm just saying I like the idea of working at a video store. No stress, get to recommend movies to people, etc etc. I'm a bit of a movie buff, so thats why.

Its like being the guy who drives the little cart at the airport taking old people to their terminal. That would be the best job ever. But I can't do it because its not practical. It would be so fun though.

I know a guy who works as a valet, and everyone there is in their early twenties or so, except one guy, who is in his thirties, who was a major excecutive and basically set for life, and he just does the job for fun. That would be a sweet situation.

posted by  Mathew

well i wouldn't say no stress because you ALWAYS get the complainers and rude people, but if your a person who doesn't get mad easily its pretty cool even though it test your patients. I'd like to be a valet that would be sweet just driving cars all night, I'd be afraid to hit or scratch one. On the other hand I'm a VERY confident driver and have faith in my driving skills.

posted by  salimander13

Great stuff, hope you find a woman right for you :sleep:

posted by  nightroad

No, I'm a very diplomatic person, I don't tend to lose my temper. I've dealt with angry customers before (working at Dominos Pizza), and I never once raised my voice. I like seeing how irrational people can be, while I calmly explain to them why they are wrong.

posted by  Mathew

Are you studying to be a doctor?

posted by  vwhobo

You'll never be a captain of industry if you can't throw a hissy fit. Irrational people are the 80% of your profit = if they were level headed they would be part of the 80% who contibute 20% of your profit.

posted by  Wally

A. I don't believe in having a spaz to get what I want. I learned when I was 8 with my parents that it doesn't work. I have no respect for people that do.

B. I don't have any intention of becoming a captain of industry. Besides, just because irrational people are 80% of the profit, why does that mean I have to be one of them?

posted by  Mathew

I don't know any other way to spell it I got this from a dictionary

pa┬Ětient ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pshnt)
adj.

Capable of calmly awaiting an outcome or result; not hasty or impulsive.

but also the noun version same spelling:

One who receives medical attention, care, or treatment.

posted by  salimander13

Patience.

posted by  Mathew

hahaha damn I think I used to know that also well I went back right now and patient and patients are two different words but the same word, if that makes sense, but patience and patients are different :screwy:

posted by  salimander13

Your Message