Happy Aussie day!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Happy Aussie day!

I heard today that tomorrow is Australia day......dunno if it's a national Holiday for the Aussies amounst us, but happy Aussie day anyways lol. Wally, I was gonna start this thread with your name as the title.....just to get my own back for you keep doing it to me lol, but I figured there were more Aussies in here so decided against it:hi:

posted by  Cliffy

I have never heard of that day, but it wouldn't surprise me as every place has their own day.. so in saying that, Happy Aussie Day to all you Aussies!:thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

I'd never heard of it till today, either lol:wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

Have fun, crazy Aussies, drink a VB for me (you'll know what I mean...I hope) lol

posted by  chris_knows

Happy australian day you crazy [insert australian racial slur here]!!!

posted by  Zalight

Thanks guys. I'll throw another shrimp on the barby.

Cliffy I'm shocked at your lack of knowledge when it comes to important events. It commemerates the day the POMs first colonised Oz. Since then it has syphoned off any residual talent from Britain, thus the rapid decline of the British Empire.

posted by  Wally

Happy australia day!

I celebrated by washing my car this morning. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I drink one for everybody on this forum. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Hey, I remember St. George's day...and occasionally St. Patrick's day lol:ohcrap:

Note: My sister was born on St. George's day, so if I forgot that one, i'd be in trouble lol

posted by  Cliffy

Paddy's Day is a bit of a joke with the Irish. Usually celebrated by expat Oirish and Slavs who pass themselves off as Irish stock in the USA. It's like the Tartan kilts Canadians like to wear, no one in Scotland wears them. :mrgreen:

I actually saw an Australian Flag today :- we are really fond of useless bits of material hanging off a pole and national anthems no one knows the words to. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

who was colonized (sp) first? Aussi or NZ?

posted by  ahoo

Trick question? NZ was part of the NSW colonies, wasn't it?

posted by  Wally

We dont really celebrate 'our day'....as you guys, and the Americans etc celebrate theirs:ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

You saying you don't celebrate the Naional 'Get wasted and shoot off fireworks' day?:laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Yup......I tend to save all the Beer and drink it at Christmas on on my Birthday:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message