A new Notebook

Home  \  Off Topic  \  A new Notebook

Yup....I bought my new Computer this morning, it's actually a Laptop, but aparently they're called notebooks these days lol..(Bloody expensive notebook if ya ask me!). So, I should be around alot more often now guys 'n Gals, so be on your best behaviour lol!:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Congrats on that :thumbs:, what kind is she?

BTW It shocked me too when they changed the name from laptop to notebook...I don't consider Tina (My laptop...yeah, I named her, so what? :laughing: ) a notebook :cool2::laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

LOL, Cheers....I'll call mine claire, kinda fiesty lil thing hehe. Oh, and she's an Advent lol, whatever that is. It's got all that pentium 4 Celeron processor stuff and DVD rewriter thingy on her:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Never heard of the brand name but she sounds mighty nice!

Remember stay away from the dirty sites and dont download anything from people you dont know and she'll be running for a long time.:mrgreen:

posted by  TheFieroKid

Thanx for the advice. I wont be going on any dodgy sites.....I've heard that you can receive numerous popups and the odd Virus by doing that lol

posted by  Cliffy

Ya, I cant even use IE any more:doh:

posted by  TheFieroKid

LOL.....Naughty boy:clap:

posted by  Cliffy

I have heard of them before (I sell these things) However Ihave never heard of a Pentium 4 Celeron.... Anyhoo, If you are having probs with IE, to things, One get a real spyware program, two, switch to firefox anyways, it is much better. And by the way, notebook or laptop is still acceptable so dont lose any sleep over it.

Congrats by the way

posted by  Voda48

Thanx. There are a couple of questions I have for ya actually. Firstly, my Internet Provider is NTL, I'm not sure if you get that over there, but it's a cable company. Now, NTL gave me a free spyware program of their own, in your experience, is this sorta thing acceptable?

Secondly, it seems to act abit strange. I mean, it's only today that it would display my sig pic, it seems ok now but I've noticed on a couple of occassions that pictures weren't being displayed, any ideas?

Thanx in advance!

posted by  Cliffy

yeah I saw that yesterday and thought it was strange (the pic) I actually thought it could have been my connection.... anyways, if you have a site like www.iamgeshack,us host the image, that sort of thing shouldn't happen. As for the spyware, I will give some better options if you would like, but I ahve to go to work right now. I'll PM you later.

posted by  Voda48

Thanx for that. I did actually wonder if the sig thingy was your end. But given that this is a new Computer, I thought it was probably me lol. but yeah, if ya can PM me later I'd apreciate it!:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Same here, for some reason, this is all I see in your sig:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/cliffsig.jpg

BTW My IE doesn't work anymore, and that's a b!tch sometimes, because the other day, I was trying to visit some Microsoft website, and you needed IE 5.0 or higher, and I have Firefox...

posted by  chris_knows

I've had the same problem also. My ie still works but I don't like opening it 'cause it sucks and it makes my comp lag after opening it so then I have to restart the thing so I got all the necessary patches and then left that browser alone. Firefox is better anyways.:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

Your Message