How Much

Home  \  Off Topic  \  How Much

Okay, this may be a stupid question but I want some quick ideas from people. Alright, well on another forum I'm on there's this car for sale (in my area) and I'm interested in it, but he won't say what he's looking to get, he says to make an offer, so I was wondering what you would be willing to pay (I already know what I can afford).

All I know is that it's just a shell, the only thing missing is the engine and transmission. Also it says it's full kitted, teg tail lights and carbon exhaust(?).

So what I'm asking here is for you to just say what you'd be willing to pay for this car (to give me some better idea). Thanks for your help.

Here's the pic that's on the site with it:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/carcrazy89/91Civic.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to say the year, it's a 1991 Honda Civic.

posted by  car_crazy89

$500 Cad

posted by  Mathew

Seeing how cars usually depreciate in value if they're modified, and a typical 1993(?) Civic goes for $3,150...take out engine, usually worth ~15% of the car, ($450) and a transmission ($200), and the mods...I'd say $1,500-$2,000 :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

Thanks, I was thinking/hoping for somewhere around Mathews price as I don't have a lot of cash lol. Thanks for the ideas though, anyone else feel free to post (btw, this is Canadian money lol).

posted by  car_crazy89

So far this is a Canadian thread, too! :thumbs:

posted by  Mathew

Woot, let's all meet at Timmys lol, what's half way between Ontario and BC :wink2: .

posted by  car_crazy89

I dunno, Saskatoon? :cussing:

posted by  Mathew

Its a 1991 or older...

posted by  Mathew

Alright, then probably if you can haggle under a grand...

posted by  chris_knows

Haha yay, road trip..

posted by  car_crazy89

I had to join in for the Canadian Whore Fest :laughing:

Oh and as for the car, I would say somewhere around $750-900

posted by  Benson

Thats my guess, Chris_Knows what were you thinking? I don't know if I'd pay that much (1,500-2k) for that Civic if it DID have a tranny and engine much less if it doesn't. Granted he may have that IN the car, it does not matter.

posted by  Pythias

I figured since KBB has it at $2,700 for 1991, and like 3 grand for '93, it would go for about half the price...

posted by  chris_knows

How many miles on the body? I would offer him 1000-1500 but see if you can get a nice engine and trans to go in there.

posted by  newyorker

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA miles on the body... good one, what the hell would miles on the body matter, if you mean the CODITION of the body, thats different, but last time i checked, thebody dosen deterioate according to miles

posted by  ride3k

ya man i personally like the way the exterior looks...maybe buy it for like 1k-1.5k and like swap a B18 series engine in there...it would be nice... like a GSR swap

posted by  V-Tec

According to time, and it lowers the value of the car. Dumb****. What the odometer reads is the miles on the car or body like I said.

posted by  newyorker

miles have NOTHING TO DO WITH TIME. i could have a 20yr old car with less miles on it than a brand new car, and it can still have a POS body, jesus christ, you gotta think beofre you start typing on that key board of yours. ANd yes, body deterioation may lower the value, it may not, ussally it doesnt on older cars, b/c they are expected to have some deterioation, but in good condition it adds more than normal, for old cars, not this baby. and what the odometer reads is not the miles on the body, it reads what the miles on the engine, everything else can be changd, even the enging could be hanged and the odometer not touched, jesus i would love to be a used car salesman selling cars to your stupid ass

posted by  ride3k

Okay, well I'm hoping somewhere around $500 (that's what I just told him in a PM). The miles does play a part as not only does the body gets mileage and wear but things like shocks, bearings, and everything else will have the same mileage unless previously replaced, but I don't know the mileage on the odometer. I know I can get a ZC engine with low KM's for $500 so I'm not worried about that yet. I'm liking your help, thanks a lot guys.

posted by  car_crazy89

Mean to post alittle earlier but I got side tracked. Okay, so I heard from the guy and he said he'd do $500, only condition is he's not totally sure yet if he'll include the body kit or not, we'll have to talk that out.

Well I also found out that it for sure only needs an engine and a transmission (I'd get the engine this summer, a friend of mine knows a place to get ZC's). I also found out that it has 190,000KM on the body, which isn't bad.

He said he isn't in a hurry to seel and that he'd take more pics for me this weekend. My main problem right now is finding a way to get the car as it's 1.5-2 hours away and I'll need a trailer (can't find anyone with a hitch). Do you think it's still worth the $500 without the body kit or no?

I'll be sure to update with whatever pics he gives me this weekend.

posted by  car_crazy89

i think for 500, a nice looking hatch is ok, and i cant see all of the biody kit, but from what i see it looks like a nice low profile one, so if he says 5000 w/o body, try 600 or 750, but no higher

again, id still take it w/o the kit

posted by  ride3k

Sounds good to me, just need to get alittle more cash. He wasn't sure about the kit or not so maybe he'll just let it go anyways.

posted by  car_crazy89

i bought my 1991 hatch for $75 and it has no rust and 110k on it. what does it have for an engine? the original 1.5? b18 swap?

posted by  glagon1979

None, engine and trans have been removed. Plan on just a ZC swap if I get it though.

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message