Tattoos

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Tattoos

Well lately me and a friend have been joking around about tattoos and now I'm actaully starting to consider getting one. I'd have to talk my dad into it though (as mom pawned it on him). Thing is I'm not exactly sure what to get, I have an idea though. I was thinking something small, band like on my upper left arm, kinda like one of these: http://cortsroyalink.com/html/flashset16.html.

So if you have a tattoo, be honest and say if it hurt or not (as I'm told the arm is the best to get it pain wise). Also, please leave your opinions on them (good or bad). Thanks.

Edit: Also, what do you think of piercings on guys? I don't know if I'd wanna get one but I was joking with a friend if she got her tounge done then I would and now she thinks that'd be cool (another friend said either tounge or eyebrow lol).

posted by  car_crazy89

Piercings: Jacob's ladder, King's Crown, dydoe or Prince Albert :laughing:

You'll never want to be pierced again.

posted by  97Talonchik

"A genuine tattoo.... tells a story. I like stories and tattoos, no matter how well done, and if they don't tell a story that involves you emotionally, then they're just there for decoration, then they're not a valid tattoo. There has to be some emotional appeal or they're not, to my way of thinking, a real tattoo. It tells people what you are and what you believe in, so there's no mistakes."

posted by  Pythias

:puke:...Had to look on google for that, and just :ticking: Hope you're happy, but I'm scarred for life :laughing:

I'm with Pythias, get a tattoo that somehow relates to you, although if it looks sweet, that's fine too :cool2:

posted by  chris_knows

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Mission accomplished

posted by  97Talonchik

:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Honestly, I don't wanna know lol, although I can only imagine (and curiosity will get the better of me and I'll check lol).

I ain't one for piercings, and the tounge piercing sounds kinda weird on a guy (as people say) lol.

The tattoo wouldn't really have meaning unless i incorporated something into it myself, I just want a cool looking design. If not then go detailed and get a Hemi engine with headers and flames out the header lol, but that may be too far (I love MOPAR).

posted by  car_crazy89

make sure if you get a tatoo then your going to get one that looks good now and looks good when your like 80 yrs old...

posted by  salimander13

Well it won't be for alittle bit now as I'm wanting to many things and have a lack of funds for these things lol. What kinda tattoo really looks good now AND when your 80? lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Get one of a woman so she can wrinkle with you. :orglaugh:

posted by  97Talonchik

LMAO, that would work, they say not to get names, I never heard anyone say not to get women :laughing: .

posted by  car_crazy89

Alright lets break it down for you. The tongue piercing is kind of an iffy thing. They have you sign a form saying that you cannot hold them responsible if your tongue goes numb for good cause if it hits a nerve it will. Now onto tattoos. They should have meaning and something you won't regret down the road. Like my metallica tattoo on my arm. They helped me get through a lot of bad times and influenced me to play and keep with it. The arm(outside area) is the best place to get it if your not wanting pain. To me it's kinda like a sunburn when it's happening but it doesn't hurt to me. Check around shops when you plan to get one and buddy up with em kinda. Talk to them and see how much they charge. The guy I go to is $120 an hour but he'll cut me slack. You can find it cheaper and just as good. Some charge by design(intricacy and size) while others charge by the hour. Hope I was help to you Car Crazy and best of luck with the tat. Oh yeah one more thing when your in the shop look at their previous work that they have done.

posted by  Spanky2324

Hmm... I'd like to get a tattoo eventually. I'd probably get something small, like on my hip.

I thought about getting one on my lower back but my dad totally ruined that one for me. He said the only reason girls get tattoos there, is to give the guy something to look at while they are being "serviced" from behind.

"Uh...thanks for the info dad."

I never thought of it that way, but it was enough to scar me for life...lol :doh:

It depends on the guy for piercings. Some look good with them, some don't. With a tongue, you won't really see it. I like lip piercings on guys. It's all a matter or preference.

posted by  SmileLines

I have a tattoo of the holey trinity on my shoulder blade (ya now that I’m not a Christian any longer... good thing I’m Irish and its really a Celtic symbol).

But I have my lip pierced and two in my left ear...

If you decided its what you want to do, make sure its something you like and are going to keep liking, tattoos unlike piercings are permanent.

And about ears remember left is right and right is gay… LOL my friend mike (gay) told me that one… not sure if its true or anything.

posted by  TheFieroKid

I considered having a Tatoo a few times, but decided against it lol. I just dont like the fact of having a permanent marking on my body. As for piercings.....well, they've never apealled........bit like French cars lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

i've got 3 tats and no piercings. one is just a design that i drew up (left shoulder), second one is the japanese symbol for mother (right shoulder), and the third is a maltese cross (just below my neck). the only one that hurt was the one below my neck. 90 min of PAIN!!!!. i am going to get at least one more of my daughters name on my.............guess i dont really know where i want to get it.

posted by  glagon1979

Thanks guys (and girls), your opinions are appreciated. And Spanky, there's a few shops around here, I know one charges $50 and hour, but I'm not sure of the other one... tha'd be something I'd look into. The piercing thing I don't really know about, don't think they'd suit me really lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message