can ya believe it?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  can ya believe it?

well, as we all know, im not on here much anymore... but, in just checking in, i realized ive been heres since december of 2002... thats over 4 years... got darn! this place has changed so much too...

posted by  mazda6man

Like the whores, like people who come on and ten months later have twice as many posts as you :ohcrap:

Welcome back though...Are you planning on sticking around? :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Wow, when I've been on here 4 years I'll have like 5,000 posts lol

posted by  jedimario

i might stick around... has all the flaming stopped? thats one of the main reasons i stop checkin out the site, cuz i was startin to really hate this place... people were ruining it all...
whats funny though, i remember back in the day when we are trying to get 100 posts... and i was the first so adam gave me a 50 dollar online gift card to amazon.com... those were the days when the admin was still around

posted by  mazda6man

Uhh.. isnt it 3 m6m? (Dec 2003, 2004, 2005)

But none the less, it is always good to see ya man. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

You better stick around man! I wanna here more about the all-trac:hi:

posted by  Zalight

lol did he really give a gift card??? :orglaugh:

Yeah stick around man no more flaming just a lot of post whoring. :laughing:

P.S You wana join my club? :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Wait...If it's $50 for 100 posts, then 3,000 posts would be $1,500...so Adam, if you're reading this...you better know it, I'll PM you my PayPal name :laughing:

Most of the flaming is gone, but just like GW said, the whoring is at an all time high :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

did someone say post whore? jk:laughing: If you would have checked in about a month or two ago you would have saw all the flaming going on and slowly die into the burning pits of hell

posted by  salimander13

Hey, good to see you m6m!

posted by  Cliffy

Actually this by far isnt the worst bout of post whoring.
Its just the first time the whores have admitted it. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

We should all thank Greek for helping us come out :laughing:

But just out of curiousity, when was the whoring worse than this?

posted by  chris_knows

I dont recall, but I'm sure there's been worse! lol

posted by  Cliffy

im actually selling the alltrac to a friend for 1000 bucks, i blew it up like 6 months ago and dont have the money to fix it... i got a jdm mr2 3sgte but everythings so different on it... plus im not allowed to do motor swaps at my apartment complex... but i know its going to good hands,... and il probably buy another alltrac someday. plus i might be buying my friends b16 with type r cams, type r intake manifold, type r tranny and aem adj. cam gear... gunna be sick in the ek9! plus hes gunna find me another corolla, which is gunna be awesome, cuz i wanna get another 86 sooooo bad! so id still have two yodas (which il hopefully have my cressida running this summer)

posted by  mazda6man

yeah, im sure there has been worse post whoring and flaming, it doesnt seem that bad right now

posted by  mazda6man

Are you challenging us? :laughing:jp

posted by  chris_knows

i certainly hope not....

posted by  mazda6man

That's why I'm here. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Ya, Id say when DR and I were post whoring to the extreme it was far worse.

posted by  StiMan

DR? who was that? dont remember much of the people...

posted by  mazda6man

DodgeRida67, but he got banned for "idle threats" :screwy: and now he comes around as 67Coronet383...

posted by  chris_knows

Yes, please excuse me for saying this....but the bloke's an......erm.....idiot lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

wow, i missed a lot... kinda glad though, haha... i missed a storm then?

posted by  mazda6man

You missed a couple of big things...so many flame wars, some of which were pointless, but some were great :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i can only imagine:roll:

posted by  mazda6man

some one should write up a histroy line like so:

2000 - CF first created (not sure when)
2005 - the year of the flame wars and the beginning of a new post whore era(teggy says he isn't gay)
2006 - who really knows

posted by  ahoo

I think CF came around 2002...but that would be pretty sweet to see...

posted by  chris_knows

heres a quicky

nov-dec. 02 - car-forums starts
jan. 03 - i win the 100 posts tourny
beg. of 04 - admin starts dissapering
mid 04 - i leave the first time (i think)
some time inbetween there and late 04 - flame goes on, no m6m
late 04 - i come back, more flame wars, i leave again
beg 05 - i check in again, its seems alright, i stick around for maybe a few weeks, gets bad again, i leave
mid 05 - i check in again, i try and stay, then i move
late 05 - totally have no idea
beg. 06 - m6m makes his glorious return

is that a good timeline? its not bias or anything...:laughing:

posted by  mazda6man

Not sure if that's when CF started, because the first member joined 4-29-2002...but there were probably guests before that...

BTW, fixed it for ya :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

you forgot the start of the post whore era....DID SOMEONE SAY POST WHORE:laughing:

posted by  salimander13

oh, maybe is was april... thats crazy then, if i joined in dec. and it started in april, that means it went SUPERslow if i was the one that hit 100 posts first. i miss some of those original guys though, good times.. its all good, got some cool guys on here now, minus a few.. cough cough

posted by  mazda6man

For a while there it looks like there were only three members (As of May 27th, including UFF)...and guests.

posted by  chris_knows

that might just explain it

posted by  mazda6man

i remember back when unfed, 57ock (vwhobos nemesis), deepdish, loophole, and other msc. memebrs were here that was a minute ago

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message