Super Bowl XL

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Super Bowl XL

Who's winning it?

BTW Thanks Cliffy for telling me how to make a poll :laughing::thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

wait, atlanta? i would fix that little thing if i were u, gosh, dont know football...

and i realized this after clicking i, ROFL

posted by  ride3k

Ha...Its seattle chris

posted by  Zalight

My Atlanta FALCONS didn't make it this year....=*(

Seattle's gonna win, they're the better team.

posted by  jedimario

Go SEAHAWKS! I'm rooting for them because it's their first time to the Superbowl. WOOOHOOO! Yeah, I didn't know there were Seahawks in Atlanta. You know, there should be seeing how close it is to the ocean and all. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

Shit, my bad, I was thinking of Seattle, because after that I was looking where Seattle was :laughing:, but for some reason I put Atlanta :doh:

EDIT: How do I change a poll:ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

good job chris....jk my friend asked me who I wanted to win sunday and I didn't even know who was playing...shows how much I care for the game. While everyone is out partying getting drunk and watching the game i'll be running a half marathon and going out with my friends.

posted by  salimander13

How long is a half marathon?...I don't really like running, most I've ever run is a mile, in 7:58 :laughing: (Don't make fun, it was still the top 10 in my gym class...of like 17 :ohcrap: )

posted by  chris_knows

half marathon is 13.1 or is it 13.2 I forget. 7:58 well um cough me and my friends jog at 7 flat miles during a 8 mile run while talking the whole time. But don't worry about it I used to be 5' 4" and 172 pounds running 11 minute miles and a 29:17 3 mile. Now im 5'11" or so and 150 running high 4 low 5 in the mile so thats my story I like to tell (short version).

posted by  salimander13

ATLANTA SEAHAWKS????? canadians geesh............:doh: :screwy: :wink2:

posted by  adamc44

Umm go team????

posted by  GreekWarrior

I'd get tired biking that :laughing:...I'm trying to get back into the running thing though, I'm jogging almost every night now :cool2:

posted by  chris_knows

nice, I have a new respect for people who go out and run now. Especially if you go out and run by yourself (which is one of the hardest things to do):thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

pittsburg, only because seahawks are fom atlanta?:doh: when did that happen?:mrgreen:

just kidding yeah chris

posted by  Coffin Type R

pittsuburgh will flustrate hasselback too much with there pass rush. And alexander wont be a big factore it will be close but I say 25-21 Steelers on top

posted by  Aondor

I know a lot that are sayin Seahawks. I don't really watch football (except for the Superbowl usually) so I have no idea who to go for lol.

I don't really go out and run, but I bike or walk everywhere (and usually alone lol), does that count?

posted by  car_crazy89

I'm calling Seahawks by a field goal here...24-21 perhaps. I heard that Pittsburgh is a 4-point favorite though...

posted by  Nissan_Altima

not a fan of either team but i will say seahawks since i think they are a better team and cause my sis lives in Seattle

posted by  V-Tec

GO STEELERSSSSSSSSSSSSS! WHOOOOOOO! that was freaking awesome!

posted by  dodgerforlife

lol atlanta:orglaugh: .... lets go Pitt, since my bengals didnt make it:doh:

posted by  Tech_N9ne

It was...75 fcuking yards!! :clap:

I figured it would have been more eventful than this though...either way, Pittsburgh's taking it :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

\/\/|-|0o0o I told you!! Steelers!i!i
:clap::mrgreen::banana::rock:

Smoked you hippies :laughing:J/P
21-10 :clap:

Time to go pick up some money :smoke::laughing:

I voted Ben Roethlisberger for MVP--For some reason I like that guy...

posted by  chris_knows

Wow, I would have thought they would have atleast made the 4 point spread. Good thing I'm not a gamling woman! :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

close but no cigar go out and run at least 5 by yourself and see how boring it gets. btw did the half marathon today and well my feet hurt its 13.1 miles and I did it at about 6:58 a mile pace

posted by  salimander13

Very well played game. I called Seahawks because I thought 'Berger would choke. He kinda did (2 HUGE interceptions) but they still won.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

im soooo pissed off, so many holding calls... refs were blind to pittsburg, all the calls just happened to be right when we were scoring or about to score. we shoulda had that game

posted by  mazda6man

this game was B/S

darryl jackson "push off" youve got to be kidding me

matt hasslebecks tackle wtf??

evertime seattle made over a 20 yrd play it was a penalty, holding holding holding, yea, nice "holds" ref

rothlesbergs touchdown had me seriously wondering too but ill give it the benefit of the doubt.

rothlesberg getting that extra second to call the time out after time ran out. :roll:

posted by  adamc44

EXACTLY!

posted by  mazda6man

Yeah, it did look like the refs were going for Pittsburg, like the one that got me was when the Steelers are inches from the end zone, ball gets passed, and they had to review it, and called touch-down, but it obviously wasn't....Doesn't matter though because we won :lauging:

posted by  chris_knows

terrible.. terrible...

posted by  mazda6man

i was waiting for madden to go wtf ref are you watching the same game i am, al michaels was kissing the steelers ass.

oh and i like how they show 5 steelers holding the trophy talkin about it yea win the super bowl blah blah blah,,, and matt hasslebeck is the only seattle player who gets on there. saying this game was called fair is like saying newyorker is a genius. yay bettis you finally got your superbowl now you can retire...

i couldnt find the refs on the interent to vote for mvp........

posted by  adamc44

one more thing, the rolling stones need to go back to the nursing home they came from, i was waiting for mic to die of a heart attack and richard and keith looked like they were still stoned from all the drugs they have done and were just wondering around out there. wow, was this halftime show bad.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  adamc44

It wasn't too big of a deal this year, but still better than last year with Paul McCartney...nothing can top Janet's "clothing malfunction" though :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i think im just dissipointed over the whole superbowl this year. i thought it was going to be a good game but seemed kinda one sided, the halftime show sucked and the commmercials werent even that great. i did like the hidden budlight and the caveman fed ex commercials. but overall this superbowl kinda sucked. they need kidrock or aerosmith. the national anthem was hard to listen to also. man im full of complaints tonigth lol.

posted by  adamc44

i actually thought the commercials where great this year, like the carrerbuilder.com one "ya, i work with a bunch of jack asses"

rofl, great, but my king of comercials goes to fed ex

"why didnt you use fed ex?"
"it hasnt been invented yet"
"not my problem, your fired"

ROFL, the entire party was laughing thier asses off

posted by  ride3k

I still think this is the best Super bowl commercial I've seen in the past few years:
http://karenhawes.com/video/TerryTateReebok.mpeg

posted by  97Talonchik

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: I don't remember seeing that one ever though...

posted by  chris_knows

Yup. The Pittsburg touchdown that wasn't, the personal foul that wasn't, the holding call that wasn't... And the only call that was overturned was one that really didn't matter to the game at all (the fumble that wasn't).

Sorry, crappy officiating is the nicest thing I can say about it.

Somebody in Vegas owned those refs.

posted by  ChrisV

Oh, yeah, call time out AFTER the play clock ran out AND the ball was snapped. :banghead:

posted by  ChrisV

like it really all matters in the end. I saw some dirty shots from the seahawks as well. The Steelers won, the Seahawks lost, end of story.

posted by  dodgerforlife

In the end? Yeah, it matters. When momentum is taken from the team that has been outplaying the other for the first part of the game, it sends kind of a demoralizing message and changes the flow. Yeah, the Steelers won, because the Seahawks had an early touchdown taken away, then got a number of shitty calls against them. That changes EVERYTHING.

"As well?" No, I will admit they pulled almost ALL the dirty shots. And got 10 yard penalties for ALL of them. There were lot's more penalties called than the ones I'm talking about. But even after review, those calls that changed the flow of the game were bunk. The Pittsburg touchdown that wasnt', the offensive pass interference that wasn't, the personal foul that wasn't that took the Seahawks from a yard from the endzone to 40 yards out. You think that those didn't matter and that Pittsburg wouldn've won without that change in momentum? They barely made it past their own 20 yard line for most of the first half, as well as never earning a first down!

No, it's barely the beginning.

posted by  ChrisV

I pretty much agree with everyhting that's being said here...I'm probably as upset about the bad reffing as Chris, but it's the end. It's over, it's not gonna change. The Seahakws shoulda probably woulda won had the reffing been halfway decent, but it wasn't, there's nothing that can be done. :banghead:

posted by  jedimario

I agree, it's over. But this is a forum, where we are discussing what happened. And ignoring what happend to say "it's over" is really immaterial to the discussion of what happened.

posted by  ChrisV

lol!

"it's pretty sad that Randle El was the best QB on the field tonight."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060206

posted by  ChrisV

You know, if the Seahawks are that good, they should have been able to overcome even the most pathetic refereeing ever. Sorry, I see using the refs judgement as a horrible excuse for losing a game. Hell, I've seen my team( the Saskatchewan Roughriders) score 3 touchdowns in two minutes to win a game. I've also witnessed some of the most retarded penalties(Quarterback not lined up to take the snap - 25 yard penalty(retarded because the fullback had lined up as the QB, and called the play, making him the QB legally...)) and seen plays made to come back from that. The Seahawks just didn't want it as bad as the Steelers did.

posted by  dodgerforlife

neutral party here, but I think the excuses comes when people see their team lose. If it would have been pittsburg who lost I'm sure that their fans would come up with excuses also. It goes either way on every major game played and well its just part of the game itself.

posted by  salimander13

I do agree, they made some boneheaded plays. But saying it doesn't matter if TDs are removed on bonehead calls, runs to the 12 yard line are removed due to boneheaded calls, etc, then you're just apologizing for said bonehead calls because YOUR team benefitted.

And the links I gave were from people who didn't even LIKE the Seahawks and STILL think the refereeing was BS. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205

I watched the game here in Baltimore with a lot of non-Seattle fans and THEY thought the game sucked due to the momentum removed by BS calls.

Pointing fingers at the people calling the plays is just as valid as you pointing the finger at those making the plays.

Yeah, having a touchdown removed by the refs, a run to the 1 yard line removed by the refs, etc, all on key drives, means absolutely nothing to the flow of the game. Riiiiight.

I'd bet they wanted that touchdown pretty badly, but how much they wanted it didn't have any effect on them KEEPING it. How bad they wanted the win didn't have any effect on having a run to the 1 yard line and a first and inches being turned into a punt due to having it moved back 40 yards on a questiionable call. You wanna tell me how "not wanting the win" causes that? Hmmm?

BOTH teams were not playing at Superbowl caliber, and saying a gimmick play proves the Steelers wanted it more is simnply making up crap to feel better about not earning a win.

From teh above link:

Yeah, There were way too many dropped balls (and I'm not going to use the "every play had a new, shiny slippery ball used so that NFL could sell a hundered "official game balls" and even Pittsburg's MVP had a hard time retaining the balls in his grasp early in the game), as they were emminently catchable. But trust me, when 11 points of an 11 point game are removed on bad calls, that makes a difference no matter HOW bad you want it.

posted by  ChrisV

I doubt that Seattle didn't want it as bad. Why? It was the first Superbowl they've ever been to. If anything, they probably wanted it more.

posted by  97Talonchik

chris i totally agree with you 150%

that was a bs game, after counting it all, the score shouldve been 24-14. Seahawks

MVP - Most Valuable Payoff - awarded to the REFEREE"S

posted by  Stem

Your Message