ban newyorker?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  ban newyorker?

how about a ban newyorker thread. all who agree vote yes, all who don't vote yes anyways!

posted by  glagon1979

I agree he doesn't contribute anything usefull to this forum and if you don't contribute anything usefull, at least dont post. He posts random sh*t everywhere that just makes everyone else angry. He averages 21 useless posts a day.

posted by  Benson

...This is just a flame war waiting to happen...

Personally, I've got nothing against him...but sometimes he does cross the line...I won't be a hypocrite and call him a post-whore, and he has helped out (at least me)...

posted by  chris_knows

Newyorker is one of the all-time great idiots of our generation. That is not a valid reason to ban him. Besides, if we banned all of the idiots there wouldn't be too many members left.

posted by  vwhobo

Wait, what's the cut-off age for idiots, and what if we're willing to learn?

Besides, it's not that hard to get back on, look at that one idiot member who keeps getting banned because of his cookies :banghead:...Just run a proxy...

posted by  chris_knows

There wouldn't be any auto forums on the net, period.
:wink2:

Not that I'm suggesting NewYorker is one, but I quite enjoy numbskulls posting their nonsensical views. It reminds me of my youth when my peers rattled off misinformation and folklore......I would often wonder at my own ability as a result even though I was quite handy with engines and they had never lifted a spanner.

posted by  Wally

ehh i say he stays

posted by  V-Tec

I see this thread is going my way so far. And to Glagon. If I knew about your mom, I wouldnt have said anything. Im not one of those people, but I dindt know, and you were getting on my nerves, as I was getting on yours. I suggest that we both grow up and take things seriously. Im here for the same reason as everyone else. To learn, and help each other, but I like to enjoy my learning by actually spicing things up once in a while. Once again I apoligize for the whole mom thing, and once again say that I didnt know.

posted by  newyorker

i say he stays, even though he said that about your mother but he didnt know what had happened. and atleast he apologized

posted by  mx3_monster

I picked yes just for the hell of it. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Thanks bro. I thought of all people a fellow whore would help.:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

He gets on my nerves, and I almost always disagree with what he says, but still a "no". I'm sure I get on a lot of people's nerves. If you only allowed people who knew everything onto the board, nobody would ever learn anything.

posted by  giant016

I JUST noticed glagons updated sig. How immature does one get?:screwy:

posted by  newyorker

i suppose as immature as making fun of someones mom (be she alive or dead, doesn't really matter... does it?) :confused:

posted by  pik_d

I don't know if being the village idiot is enough reason to ban someone? I mean sure, he gets on my nerves sometimes, and some of the comments he has made prove that not everyone should be allowed to speak. But c'mon, if you ban him he'll just be back in 3 days. How about a probation period???

posted by  elchango36

*sigh*

galgon sorry about your mother. I have a friend that's dad passed away to cancer as well a little under a year ago. God bless you man

posted by  95civicdima

Are you talking about Denis?

posted by  newyorker

his dad had diabetes...i'm talking about cancer

posted by  95civicdima

Oh thats right. That was pretty sad as well. He was only 39 years old.:cry:

posted by  newyorker

I don't know about banning him but a probationary period might work for him. He does get annoying at times but who hasn't right? So I'll go with not sure it's just that some people have a grudge on him while others don't so settle it elsewhere.

posted by  Spanky2324

Annoying sometimes? Yes. Hypocritical a lot? Yes. Should we ban him just for that? No.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I said not sure, I don't find him annoying probably because I don't really care for his opinions cause everyone says hes an idiot haha, but going back to the first post if he should be banned because he doesn't contribute anything then I should be banned also? I don't contribute because I lack the knowledge, but I still like the community and like to participate as its one of my "hobbies" now.

posted by  salimander13

Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one.

posted by  Spanky2324

Ur just saying that :laughing: . You know you want me out

posted by  newyorker

You might lack knowledge, but at least you don't go around acting like you know stuff and you don't make stupid responses that aren't needed. If you have an opinion about something you should be able to share it, but a stupid one is not needed.

I guess a banning would be a bit too far over the edge, but probation seems alright. I just can't stand that he has no common sense and rambles on about useless stuff and adds posts that are not even 5 words.

You whine too much.

posted by  Benson

....really.....like you just did?:screwy:

posted by  newyorker

Yes, that is correct, you finally got something right. :thumbs: One more correct answer like that and I might be able to actually say you are as intelligent as a rodent.

Oh gee, it just occured to me that I wouldn't have to complain/whine if newyorker wasn't here. Let me take back what I said before, the hell with the probation, I do feel that the banning is a better idea.

posted by  Benson

A pathetic excuse I see. Why not just quit...while you still have SOME dignity. I learned that the HARD WAY here...on many counts......everyone knows :ohcrap:

posted by  newyorker

This was a double post, but I'm turning it into a comment seeing as how I don't feel it was necessary to create a new post and take up more bandwith.

As for newyorker, I guess that was a pathetic excuse... for a pathetic comment that started this little e-war.

posted by  Benson

While this thread is blatantly breaking CF policy, I voted yes. I didn't join CF to have "fun". I agree ocassionally its entertaining, but CF is about learning and sharing information, and all newyorker does is annoy people and start flame wars (even though he tries to cover it by apologizing every time).

posted by  Mathew

This is a place of open discussion.:2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

/sigh.....more CF drama....

posted by  jedimario

Strike one (or is it two?) for Newyorker.

He's got one last chance. I suggest he take advantage of it.

posted by  Godlaus

Probably more like 5 or 6, but who really keeps count? j/k.

I'm not going to vote as a thread like this is alittle silly/childish, you have to admit. Yes he can be annoying and as mentioned before make an excuse and apologize.. BUT, if he says/posts something stupid, we have the option to not read it as soon as we see who it's from, or not to reply. Come on guys, this is a place to help one another (btw Newyorker, open discussion and flaming are 2 greatly different things :2cents: ).

posted by  car_crazy89

i voted no because any one who owns a neon has enough problems as it is. even though i find newyorker annoying and full of shit, somehow hes kinda grown on me.:screwy::ohcrap: :oops: i enjoy reading his stupid posts and everyone flaming him.:laughing: besides who needs this thread, give it time he;ll get banned on his own AGAIN....

posted by  adamc44

i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go with that being a joke... but i've got a neon, it had around 42k miles on it. i've put on 3-4k miles (most of those miles on 2-3 hour drives between college and home), learned how to drive stick on it, i push it a bit more then the average driver does, and it hasn't had any problems at all. :wink2:

and if i'm not mistaken, newyorker's neon hasn't given him any problems either. and it's um... a '97 or '98 i think?

posted by  pik_d

I agree with car crazy in that threads like this would be better left alone. I think newyorker needs to change a bit, but at the moment, there's no great need for a ban. That's noyt to say he's not being watched though! :ticking:

Your apology to glagon was a little lame too, newyorker. Kinda just slipped it into conversation whilst trying to justify what you said! *hints*

posted by  Cliffy

Lets ban newyorker because he's such a post whore. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I like newyorker I don't know why hes just a good natured idiot

posted by  Aondor

No that was a sincere apoligy. If I really knew, I wouldnt have said anything.

posted by  newyorker

Other than the horrible gas mileage that he has tried repeatedly to figure out, as well as not being able to beat Nissan Altima in a race, and making excuses for it lol.

posted by  Pythias

no, it wasn't. i'm looking for an apology without any blabber trying to back yourself up. im looking for you to bite the bullet and say that you are sorry and nothing else. you need to humble your self on this one. till then its staying there, i might even add to it. you crossed the line and i wont stop pestering you till i get what i want.

posted by  glagon1979

How old are you? Youre acting 12. I said I was sorry. Go back and read it.

posted by  newyorker

My milage went up to 20 so thats decent. As far as not beating him, he has quite more torque than me so its understandable. Plus im hauling around a huge sub box that weighs no less that 40lbs, so its slowing me down.

posted by  newyorker

... my neon r/t cannot beat a mustang gt.. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME CAR?! help me please!! oh noes!!

oh wait... not being able to beat someone doesnt mean there's something wrong with my car...:doh:

so far as the gas mileage, he said he drives it hard... there's where his gas is going...

posted by  pik_d

4000RPM is hard?

posted by  newyorker

you sir, are a piece of shit, lower than dog shit. put your self in my shoes and apologize based on that

posted by  glagon1979

I said I was sorry.

posted by  newyorker

i remember you saying (when someone commented on the neon's reliability) that you tend to push your neon (sometimes?) a fair amount. dont remember how you worded it, so i dont know what keywords to search for to find the post... :ohcrap:

posted by  pik_d

Hard for my car.

posted by  jedimario

what is your car?

posted by  pik_d

40 lbs.... slowing you down... when there's a difference of about 600lbs possibly more between your cars.... bullllllshit. Think Type SUBMIT. :wink2: As for the torque? His car weighs SO MUCH MORE. Admit it newyorker I am right you are wrong stop making lame-ass excuses to why your car is running like sh*t.

posted by  Pythias

It still matters. It could...just maybe...BE THE FACT HE HAS 30 MORE TORQUE THAN ME!!!:laughing:

posted by  newyorker

4000 in first
3500 in second
2500-3000 in 3rd, and then i just let off. Of course I dont do 60 around the city :ohcrap:

posted by  newyorker

Oh wait the difference between your Dodge Neon R/T and a Mustang Gt and His Neon Sport and Nissan Altima are like comparing apples and oranges? Idiot. Think about it, by all means his car SHOULD be able to beat the Nissan Altima, THAT is why I posted it about problems with his car. There's a biggggg difference between not being able to beat someone you SHOULD, in HIS case, and someone you have NO SHOT AT, in your case. :screwy: Not sure what you meant by your stupid comment but to spread ignorance. BTW about driving it hard? He ALSO said he had a very light foot for awhile and STILL got horrible gas mileage. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

Heh no you are stating things off of what you think you remember. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

AND THE WEIGHT MORE THAN EVENS THAT OUT. DAMN EVEN AFTER ALL THIS TIME ON HERE AND 2,000+ WHORE POSTS LATER YOU HAVE STILL NOT LEARNED ANYTHING. Damn I feel sorry for you.

posted by  Pythias

Ok, this one's gone far enough. newyorker has said he's sorry, how true that is I dont know. but this topic wasn't started to discuss your cars!

I strongly suggest that you PM glagon, newyorker. Atleast that way he's gonna know you mean what you say because none of us can see your PM, thus making it you, and only you who makes it happen! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message