People in movie theaters... I’m done!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  People in movie theaters... I’m done!

Ok I just went to see final destination 3... which I didn’t even get to enjoy or see the end of.

Lots of seats right, and this stupid bitch and some woman and a kid (all of 8 years old). Just sit down next to me didn’t even ask if someone is sitting there (common curtsey question... I had a coat in the seat next to me!!!).
Then she doesn’t shut up the entire movie! I asked her like 3 times to stop talking and she gave me attitude each and every time.

I got so pissed I yelled at her and said, "shut the **** up or ill have you removed" she didn’t so I left and talked to an usher and he wouldn’t ask her to leave... I said fine and asked for my money back and left.

I also told the manager that if he didn’t want more people leaving and not returning to his theater then it’d be a good idea to hire someone to ask people to stop talking in the new releases.

So this is to you assholes and you know who you are who don’t stop talking during a movie... who the **** do you think you are? Was your 8 bucks better then mine? What ticket did you buy that gave you the right to bug me during the movie and take away from my enjoyment?
Who the **** raised you, and why didn’t they teach you any ****ing manors?

If someone asks you to stop talking in a movie you stop talking... what kind of person just keeps talking... no what kind of person gives you shit for asking them to stop talking?

Arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I hit these people?

Ok I’m done... but I’m still pissed.

posted by  TheFieroKid

I'm not one to talk in theatres...I'm one of those people that if I'm not totally immersed in the movie, I won't get what's going on...even if I'm watching a movie at home and someone calls on the phone or something, I'll have to go back a couple of minutes, and play it again...

People who talk in theatres are even worse because there you can't just punch them/shut the door on them/hang up on them...And for $8.25, it's extremely annoying...

It also pisses me off when someone behind you starts kicking the seat, and when you tell them, they stop for a minute, and start again, or if they start throwing popcorn at you...that's really annoying...
:2cents:
BTW How long did you stay, and was it good to that point?...I'm thinking of seeing it this weekend...

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah I'm quiet in theaters. Whether that measn it's because I am preoccupied with the girl i took or just interested in the movie, I'm quiet. BTW movie tickets around here are $9.00 So yeah definitely went to ONE movie since I moved here, and don't plan on going to many mroe unless I'm not paying. :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

Yeah, but you probably have reclining seats...I have never seen one around here, but I have in the U.S lol, I like comfy seats...

posted by  chris_knows

Usually I'm quiet (but I won't lie, sometimes I will occassionally talk alittle to whomever I'm with). Here it was $10.75 but for some reason went down to $9.95. The food throwing does really get on your nerves though, so sometimes if an usher doesn't say anything you gotta 'say' something to them afterwards.

posted by  car_crazy89

Im fairly quiet, sometimes i ask my friends im next to what's happening if i get confused. Oh one time me and my mates went with a couple of girls (one of which was my ex) and when we were passing the popcorn around my friend joseph put a condom (still in the packet) into the popcorn, my ex nearly ate it...

posted by  ahoo

I'll make a joke every now and then with my friend because we usually go 2 weeks after when there are only like 5 people in the theatre including us 2 and we sit in the front so they can't hear us. You should come to the theatre I work at I love to kick people out one of the perks of the job because I know how it feels to have a movie ruined. Especially kids I hate kids best advise for you is tell the supervisor or manager if they don't solve the problem just throw a drink on them and ask for your money back.

posted by  salimander13

I don't talk but I might say something to someone beside me if I have a question or I saw something blatently wrong with the movie.
But other than that I don't talk though I probly laugh to much in comdy movies.
By the way tikcets here are matinee at 5 dollars and Even show is 7.50

posted by  Aondor

I saw up to the point that the foot ball player dies... yes-good movie (surprisingly good for a 3rd).

Ya, tickets in Lansing are 8 bucks, but its now going to be worth it for me to drive to Novi (an hour away) to go to the imagine theater where I pay an extra 8 bucks and sit in the leather recliner deluxe seating and have the waitress lady bring me a couple of drinks (ya booze at a movie!).

posted by  TheFieroKid

Just wondering...if it was bothering you and they wouldn't stop, why didn't you just move to another seat?

posted by  97Talonchik

:stupid:

BTW, movie tickets in Rock Hill are $6.50 :badrazz:

posted by  jedimario

Wow, movie tickets only cost me 6.50 max with student id, 7.50 without.

posted by  OombaIsBack

It's $5.50 for students here:mrgreen: . People talking never really bothered me, because the movie is usually so loud that it drowns them out. What really pisses me off is when people give a standing ovation after a movie. Who are you clapping to? Is the director here? No? Then sit down and shut up.

posted by  giant016

Damn, looks like the movies are more expensive where I am then anywhere you all are, it's like $8.00 or so for matinee (sp?), and like $6.25 for children 13 and under (yet I sometimes still get them).

posted by  car_crazy89

10.50$ a movie here... i stopped going to them a long time ago for that particular reason.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well, you could always sneak in... although that is kinda like stealing (although they rape you with prices.... like come on $5 for a large pop/refill, plus $5-6 for a large popcorn/refill).

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah, everytime I go to the movies, I'll spend at least $30 for a ticket and food/drink...That's why I'll go maybe once a month, and then most of the time I'll just download :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

I usually just take my own food, pretty easy to get a full McDonalds meal (including drink) into a theatre (unless it's summer), just put it in your pocket.

posted by  car_crazy89

A bucket of kfc. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

You guys have KFC down there? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

YES!! and we have red rooster too. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

WTF's a Red Rooster??? Is it like Jack in the box...non existent in the state of Illinois??

posted by  elchango36

OH that's nothing like the theaters down here I've been too (in Atlanta). I've pretty much gotten used to all the teens shouting out stupid things, the babies crying in R-rated movies (WTF - get a babysitter), (not profiling or anything, just because it's atlanta and it's the only people who I've witnessed doing it) the black people who shout on their cell phones and the losers who go in and out of movies and disturb everyone. All that is just background noise at this point... It would have to take someone shouting in my ear at this point for me to really care, the movie theater workers will never do anything.

I've pretty much given up going to the theaters for two reasons...
A. Noise
B. Price (the AMC 24 we always go to is now $8.50 at night)

I'll stick with the $17.99 I pay a month for netflix, get 3 movies at a time (roughly 24 movies a month), burn them on my 35 cent DVD-R's and F*ck ever going out and overpaying or hearing a bunch of noise when im watching a movie.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Why should I move? I was there first?

posted by  TheFieroKid

Uhm cause you paid alot for the ticket. You could throw your money away or move. Sometimes you lose at life, that's just one of those times. :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Yeah, but he did get his money back...If I were him, I would have bought a water gun with that money, and just squirted the lady...like my dog when he doesn't listen :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

We have a red lobster, I think it was a chain or some sh*t I don't know. It probably went bankrupt or something I haven't seen a commercial for it in a coons age.

posted by  Benson

See now thats a great idea... im gonna get a little water pistol and shoot people if they keep talking after ive asked them to stop... :mrgreen: :laughing:

posted by  TheFieroKid

SHHHH, woman's logic:thumbs:

We have this theater here where they play mostly "art house" or independent movies, and some mainstream ones. Its a great theater because theres never any mindless teenagers and single mom's with 12 kids there, just people who actually care about movies. I recently saw "Match Point" there, its a great Woody Allen flick set in England.

posted by  Mathew

Nobody does chicken like k-f-c.:thumbs: (except maybe red rooster)

This is red rooster:

Red Rooster (http://www.redrooster.com.au/)

posted by  GreekWarrior

The end wasnt even that good. it was too predictable.

posted by  newyorker

Caution spoiler.

well besides the obvious... i didnt see the 2nd vision

posted by  TheFieroKid

I dont even remember, but it wasnt that good. I just wanted it to be over.

posted by  newyorker

Although I'm sure you guys dont have Popeyes down under, they have the best chicken, by far (as far as freidn chicken chains go)! Nothin like a little cajun spice in chicken and red beans and rice!

Cause the third movie of a lame series is usually good...

posted by  Mathew

Thanx Greek:thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

http://www.redrooster.com.au/pics/lrrm.gif

posted by  GreekWarrior

funny story to go along with the whole annoyances at the movies. me and a couple of friends were watching The Transporter 2 when it first came out. its good and all but then a groupe of damn wiggers that were in their late teens that thought they owned the whole place came in and sat down behind us. they were obviously brought up with absolutly no manners what so ever. it gets to the scene where the one short haired chick is going all out with her silenced uzis (i guess thats what they were) and of course, they (the kids sitting behind us) were making rude and rather annoying comments. after multiple (about 8 or 9 times) of asking them to shut up. i couldnt take it anymore and simply stood up, turned around, and nailed the on guy that was talking the most right in the face. caused him to have a bloody nose. i just then turned and walked out of the theater via the side exit as to not attract any attention to myself and then i waited for my friends to come out. it just feels good to just give the annoying one a punch right in the face.
and thats my movie theater story :wink2:

posted by  starscream0

You're my hero, I've always wanted to do that lol. :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

good job, now to all the parents out there...violence does solve everything, nah im kidding, but it must feel good to hit assholes like that.

posted by  salimander13

Are you old enough to remember Big Rooster?... the fore-runner to Red Rooter

posted by  windsonian

It's Footy Feast time at Red Rooster!

whats that supposed to mean? :screwy:

posted by  azkid110

Yeah that was ages ago.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Red ROOTER huh....is that a rival of Roto-rooter?:laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

i must say, doing something like that feels quite good. even though i had to sacrifice not being able to go back to that movie theater... oh well, it was well worth it :mrgreen:

posted by  starscream0

no typo, it's an "affectionate" name for red rooster... used by many.

posted by  windsonian

Your Message