Best Sub/Amp Combo for Reg. Cab.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Best Sub/Amp Combo for Reg. Cab.

Since I still have the Hombre I think I may just keep it. In order to do this I want a helluva nice system in it... One that doesn't take up a shitload of space since I am fairly tall. I want a sub/amp combo for my truck that will give me some RIDICULOUS bass. Any of you guys know of anything?

posted by  Metzger

I would go for some low profile 8's or some nice 6.5's.

I suggest running four of these...

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=15&pid=32&cur=USD

Only $50 a pop and put out some SERIOUS bass for their size. Going to put these in IB setup in my Accord. Best part about those woofers is they are only 3.75" deep and are small enough in diameter you can easily stash four of them in a row in a standard cab pickup. They only require a minimum of .15cu-ft of air-space per woofer too (for sealed).

I calculatged a quick box for you...

5" deep, 8" tall, 60" wide = .19cu-ft/woofer

posted by  thunderbird1100

Would that give me plenty of leg room? i haven't been out to measure behind the seat.

posted by  Metzger

u know thunder, im gonna have to get your assistance soon. as soon as i get another digi-cam and take pics of how the "back seat" on my car looks now, im gonna msg you up and see wat a good combo i could get in there.

posted by  Inygknok

I'm fairly sure 5" deep wont take up too much space.

thank you very much Thunder... Would this also give me the bass I'm desiring? I've always been kind of leary going w/ 8s, figuring they wouldn't put out what I want. I want the kind of bass that will let my friends know I'm coming well in advance.

posted by  Metzger

bummp

posted by  Metzger

Four of those 6.5's will give you good enough output and not take up much space. Make sure to send at least 100rms to each one, if I were you, if you are going sealed, I'd send 150-200rms per woofer.

Thank you again. Is there any amplifier in particular that you would recommend for the previously recommended subs?

posted by  Metzger

bummp

posted by  Metzger

Any other suggestions?

posted by  Metzger

Ok I was looking into Pioneer and found these
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4057_104401920,00.htm l

any idea of a good amp match?

posted by  Metzger

amp suggestions?

posted by  Metzger

Your Message