Katrina Aid

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Katrina Aid

I hear there is a lot of money being swallowed up by fraud. How do become eligible too? :wink2:

posted by  Wally

There's been fraud in fund raising forever, but this is like a post-whore fest of fund raising...

There's obviously some real ones, and in October, my school did a fund raising thing, and I brought whatever I could, but that's something I'm sure was going to there...

But if you want to just piss away your money, just send it to me :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

actually the fbi and internet hackers are trying to find fraud websites. So if you like prison then go for it:thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

wait what? internet hackers are siding with the fbi? i mean, that's great and all but all togeather unexpected. :thumbs: :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

They've been doing it for a while, like seeing if certain sites can be hacked, and updating security...There is such thing as a legal HA><0R lol...

posted by  chris_knows

did you ever think that the govt pays hackers to work for them:thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

hmm, well maybe ya should have specified white hat hackers then. :thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

I didn't know the actual name for them, but now that I know I'll make sure to use it:thumbs:

p.s. we also need to stop using ---->:thumbs: <----- in this thread now

posted by  salimander13

Gotcha :thumbs:

EDIT: Forgot not to use the :thumbs: guy, but I won't anymore in this thread :thumbs:

:laughing:

Seriously though:thumbs:lol

posted by  chris_knows

your a bastard :fu: :thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

Look...this can turn into one of two things, a name calling fest, or a post-whore fest...either way, we get our post counts up :laughing:

...whore :laughing:JP

posted by  chris_knows

OMG chris you had to do it.....DID SOMEONE SAY POST WHORE :thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

Alright, now I'm starting to get irritated by the fcuking thumbs guy lol...

But Greek isn't here, it just won't be the same :laughing:...doesn't mean we shouldn't do it though :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

yep. and suprisingly enough (or not), "bad" hackers can be called black hat hackers.

:thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

its suprising that they pay people so much money to do something illegal. Some of these people have no knowledge of anythign else other than hacking.

on another note to chris, I'm suprised how bad the post whoring escalates when its just 2 members...

posted by  salimander13

Post....whore.....now.....:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

is this a demand or just a free post?

posted by  salimander13

...Yes :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

why? it keeps it so that they dont have to do the illegal activities themselves...

posted by  pik_d

Really...it's a bit like the Police using ex-burglars to help people up the security on their home? :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

or like that guy in veges who steals from people to help them prevent it in the future.

posted by  salimander13

sure. if they contract ex-burglars to find flaws in current home security technology to better future security systems, wouldn't that make homes a better and safter place to live in? :wink2:

posted by  pik_d

My aid for Katrina consisted of helping to rebuild some of my familie's homes down there. I also housed I think 7 people in the mean-time. Woohoo- I get a tax credit!

posted by  thunderbird1100

its a good deed you did, but weren't you worried about them taking or damaging your posessions?

posted by  salimander13

Trying not to go too far off topic here, but we have a TV show over here called 'beat the Burglar' which uses that concept!

posted by  Cliffy

It was my own family from NO who stayed with me.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message