507fwp SRT-4....In new mexico.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  507fwp SRT-4....In new mexico.

Clicky for happiness (http://videos.streetfire.net/search/dbb+50+trim/0/03C85FEF-CB76-4A9F-9728- 7FF4819AEB99.htm)

posted by  Zalight

Whoo...that's crazy!!! That doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, but it was fun to watch :mrgreen:

And is it just me or were they pushing nitrous? :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

No nitrous here (http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=406)ar e his mods. The loud sound thats kinda nitrous-esque would be a wastegate dumping to the atmosphere...mmm...loud and sexy

posted by  Zalight

Finally some respect :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

SRT-4's can be damn fast...but that dont mean I would drive one. They just arent my bag, baby.

posted by  Zalight

pretty cool to watch, I have a question when they are racing do they shift gears when its in the redline or just before the redline?

posted by  salimander13

How come it's all free?...Was he sponsored, or just too lazy to put the costs in? lol

posted by  chris_knows

too lazy to put the costs in

...and salimander, what you are talking about was actually just recently discussed on my M3 forums.

The verdict is this;There is no end all be all answer to whether you will drive faster shifting before or just at redline. It is individual for each motor. The argument for shifting early is that closer to redline power starts to drop off, the argument for shifting at redline is that you will drop higher into your power band in your next gear, therefor having more power.

The holes in both theorys are 1: in some engines, especially modified ones, you keep building power till redline. 2: if you drop farther into your power band than you will be using it for less time.

My take is that I have modified my engine (with the track pipe, intake and chip) so it builds more power up top (a lot more) but looses some bottom end, so I take it right to redline.

posted by  Zalight

damn that thing was insane:thumbs: cool video

posted by  mx3_monster

thanks dude, I guess you need to take it to a dyno to find out where your power is high and low to see where to switch

posted by  salimander13

Usually shift gear at the bottom of the redline or just into it as far as I know, as this is where the peak power lies!

Great video......bloody insane though.....and through the front wheels?.....I bet that suffers some Torque Steer! lol

posted by  Cliffy

oh zalight u little mexican u..... i had no idea those chalupas could give cars so much life! them some spicey meatballs!

posted by  Inygknok

Yeah that was a pretty cool vid, however I like the 99 GT turbo, seemed to really haul as well.

posted by  Voda48

Curse you happy high-speed internet people! :cussing:

:laughing: jk

posted by  jedimario

sooo my ABQ buddy....need a roommate....i see a cars tailpipe that needs some loving!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Cliffy: yeah thats why they are racing from a roll, lol.

Inygknok: Its not the chalupas...its the taquitos man:laughing:

Voda48: Yeah and he is a crazy guy to...antyime I have seen him drive he has on a trucker hat and cigarette hanging out of his mouth, lol

Jedi: Join the 21 century already man....:wink2:

dodgerforlife: Actually i do...i still live at home and want o find my own plac. My brothers are all not motivated to move out.

posted by  Zalight

haha I should hook you up with my buddy down there. I was actually planning on moving down there to go to school, I was going to room with him. great guy. He's a honky just like you lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message