Another GT4 question

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Another GT4 question

Recently I've gotten back into the PS2 game Gran Turismo 4. Despite my hours of dedication I am still at a measly 15%.

Yesterday I completed the Beginner's Events (all with gold medals) and I was expecting some sort of super prize, like money or a car. But instead I got nothing, not even a "Congratulations!" window popping up. I was wondering if thats just that, or is it because I did the truck tournament in B-spec mode? To be eligible for a prize, does everything have to be done in A-spec mode or something? Cause if thats not the case, I'll just move on.

posted by  Mathew

Come on people, I know you all have beat the game, out with it!

posted by  Mathew

Did you sart the game from scratch?....(I'm assuming so as you say you're at 15%?). If this is the case, you should win a car after completeing every championship or series of races!.....If you weren't starting fresh you have to start the whole championship again, wiping all previous wins, in order to get the car!

posted by  Cliffy

i have the game and i am around maybe 17 percent through,

good news, you can do every race in the game in b-specmode and still

get exactly the same stuff as a-specmode. bad news, you would have to be completly nuts to get above 30 percent on that game :banghead:

posted by  nighthawk

you dont get anything for completing the beginners events. i think you do, however, unlock the professional series events. :mrgreen:

oh yea... and i have 88.9% of the game complete, and 239 cars.

posted by  pik_d

Aww...I was hoping for a bonus car. Yeah I got all the prize cars for completing the different tournaments but, I wanted something for completing the beginners events. Oh well.

Its kinda dumb that you can win a lot of races in Bspec mode, when its way easier, although it does help you progress in the game, especially if you need money. (IE redoing a tournament quickly to get yourself a $300,000 car).

posted by  Mathew

at 25% you get a 2003 audi nuvolari quattro.

basicly... fast 4WD car. i never used it much though... maybe i'll go back and find some uses for it. :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

i'm doing the race tournament 1000Miles, i did the nurburgring in a-spec. i've done about 55.??% opera paris i did half and now im up to the 3rd race. Driving the old cars are pretty fun especially the Alfa Romeo GTA it's kooooooooo

posted by  ahoo

sorry double post, my server stuffed up

posted by  ahoo

I'm about the same as you....I was contemplating restarting it though.....but then I decided against it and bought a BMW M-Coupe instead...Dunno why, just liked the look of it I guess lol

posted by  Cliffy

there's no way i would restart it unless i had another memory card... i've done too much on it. though i kinda do want to though... but i'm waiting untill gt4 makes it to the psp... whenever that happens. :doh:

posted by  pik_d

That's the only reason I didn't restart it. I think it would be better if you can have more than one game per memory card!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message