Who wants to freeze their willy right off?...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Who wants to freeze their willy right off?...

Then come move to Saskatchewan...

Temperature tonight = -51C (For you yanks, thats -60F)

There is NO way in hell I'm going outside. Skin will freeze in less then a minute!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hoooooly shit! We were worried about it getting to -6C tonight, with the windchill, a whopping -15C. Tonights gonna be the worst in about a week. At least its cloudless and sunny out!

posted by  Mathew

Is that with wind chill?

Coldest we've gotten down here is like -10 C lol...it's a warmer winter this year than most others...

I didn't know you were that far up north, but if it got that cold here, I'm wrapping myself in everything, and then every furnace goes to max :laughing:

How long is it supposed to stay like that?

posted by  chris_knows

Daaaaaang, we get upset when it gets to 20F

posted by  jedimario

today it was 50 and I froze my nips off haha. Darn now I feel lucky and really sorry for you guys. Coldest I've been in was 26, but it was a dry 26 so you can go out in shorts and a shirt.

posted by  salimander13

76 degrees F here in So. Cal.

posted by  BavarianWheels

damn that is insanely cold i cant stand cold weather at all:cussing: :banghead:

posted by  mx3_monster

Odd, I'm right below you (a little to the left, montana) and its only -30ish where I live.

posted by  shev

just so you know... the vast majority of us in the usa wouldnt even know what the difference between -51F and -60F would feel like... hell, i dunno what anything below 8F (-13C or so) feels like...

posted by  pik_d

only -30 thats just insane i stay inside when its under 5 above

posted by  mx3_monster

my god... if it's under 20F i have no bussiness other then being inside... i feel like such a wuss.

but then... i'm crazy and am likely to wear shorts all the way down to 20F. :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

I'd never wear shorts at 20F...The main time I wear shorts when it's too cold is when it's fall, and I want to pretend like summer hasn't ended, but even then, I won't wear them below 40F :laughing:

Oddly, there was people wearing shorts today at my school, but it was maybe -5C (23F) :screwy: lol

posted by  chris_knows

I'd be stuck with shorts no matter how cold it gets considering that I don't own any pants:mrgreen:

posted by  salimander13

Is it really that hot there?...I don't know where a single pair of my shorts are :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

damn i wish it was like that here

posted by  mx3_monster

yea, but then you'd hate how it get so hot...

in NC, it gets somewhat cold, then moderately hot... maybe in the 90's 2-3 days of the year... and below 30 for 5-15 days of the year, depending on how the winter goes.

for the win!

posted by  pik_d

its not hot its not cold our colds consist of 47 in the winters and like 105 in the summers so pants arn't really a necesity. Plusy the fact that I hate pants because my legs get to hot and start to sweat and well yea its gross.

posted by  salimander13

With windchill. And I'm only about 3 hours north of the border.... And for the weekend at least.

It didn't bother me at -30C....at least where there was no wind. Went outside for my smoke breaks at work without my jacket.

But that friggin wind. Jeebus

posted by  dodgerforlife

That is a criminal temperature... I i'm freezing my ass outside when its anything below 65 (its 53 outside now at shant go any lower, but its too cold me for me). I live in perhaps the hottest city (a few small towns here and there are hotter) in the United States. That probably comes from the 110 degree plus summer days...

God I can't stand the cold. The lowest I've ever experienced was like 20 degrees, witha windchill of 12. And I thought that I was about to die...

posted by  shadowedII

I've seen it hit -75C here with the windchill. Frozen skin in under 30 seconds. That really blows when you need to do work outside....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Whah! I spent four years working on the flightline at Minot AFB, ND. We didn't get pulled of the ramp until the windchill temp reached -65F, and we were working on jets. You really can't tell the difference below about -20 anyway.

One thing is for sure. After living there your definition of cold changes. Now to me, cold is when you take a piss on concrete and instead of splattering, it breaks. Yes, really.

posted by  vwhobo

lol! Don't want to even think about that. A couple years ago we went skiing in the Poconos, and it was -4F in the evenings, and all the way up to 7F in the daytime. Went horseback riding at -2F. Fun to play in when you have the choice to come in. Wouldn't want to work in that, or colder, though.

posted by  ChrisV

Wow....coldest I've ever seen/felt is about -10c

posted by  Cliffy

Heh, difference is you were getting paid to be outside. I've been outside in that weather before, repairing equipment(joys of a farm life). It really isn't THAT bad if you stay out of the wind. But as well, if you have a good jacket that stops the wind, and you keep exposed skin out of the wind, it's managable.

Yeah, they were doing something similar on the news. Spraying water out of a bottle...frozen before it hit the ground. I can't fathom pulling my wang out to take a leak...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Nope, definately would hate that cold. Luckily I haven't really been outside these past 2 days (well except for my Coop interview and alittle last night), but the school buses have been cancelled for the past 2 days so got a good sleep lol. Thank god it's finally NASCAR season, now I could care less what it's like out there :wink2: .

posted by  car_crazy89

The hardest part is getting the little man to stay outside your pants instead of turning around, going back and pissing down your leg. Talk about shrinkage.

http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/george/george_costanza019.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

hahahaha so I guess the moral of the story here is don't take your wee wee out in the cold... cold=small really cold=tiny ultra cold=non-exsistant:laughing:

posted by  salimander13

Your outie will turn to an innie. Unless you have a wicked ass grasp on it....then you might just pull it right off....hah

posted by  dodgerforlife

Today it was pretty cold here too, but it was mainly from wind...Now it's a nice warm though...Don't even need a jacket to go outside :mrgreen:

posted by  chris_knows

I just noticed how broad my years weather is

it goes from about -25 or -30 celsius on a really cold day in winter

to about +25 to about +35 celsius on a hot day in summer

roads arent great

posted by  nighthawk

Still pretty cold out here, haven't been out a whole lot though. Also only had a 3 day school week (as busses were cancelled thursday and friday... even though I'm a walker lol).

posted by  car_crazy89

its never been below +60 F degrees here in the past 20 years, right now im sitting in my shorts... just got back from the beach, weather is 74 with a slight tradewind.

posted by  Stem

Your Message