Smoky and the bandit vs the Dukes

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Smoky and the bandit vs the Dukes

If smoky and the bandit were to race the duke boys on your average road course who would win and why.
I vote the dukes because I think Bo is a better driver.
This is a pointless thread that will probly rack up like 12 pages.

posted by  Aondor

chuck norris

hell shout at the finish line and it will come to him.

anyway i think the dukes

posted by  ahoo

You got that right. :orglaugh:

Hey Cliffy can we post whore. :mrgreen: :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I haven't seen the older Dukes of Hazzard, but from the newer one, I'd say Smokey and the Bandit, besides, they've got a cooler theme song :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Dukes all the way

posted by  glagon1979

No, I got serverely reprimanded after the last bout! :banghead: jk....It's still a NO though

posted by  Cliffy

The dukes theme songs is one of the best songs ever.
Haggard is a country great

posted by  Aondor

Well I've seen like all the old Dukes of Hazzard shows and all the Smokey and the Bandit movies, really I love both and love both cars (although I'd prefer the Charger). It's hard to tell really who'd win, as the Charger is a bigger car then the Trans Am, and by road course you mean turns and straights so.... well I just don't know.

posted by  car_crazy89

Buford T. Justice will win.

posted by  97Talonchik

Dukes all the way. I don't know exactly how well either of these handled (probably not well), but the Challenger has a hell of a lot more under the hood then the T/A.

posted by  giant016

...which is kind of a moot point, since the dukes had a charger...:doh:

posted by  dodger65

id say burt reynolds would kick the dukes ass and then take daisy duke too.:hi:

posted by  adamc44

Now when you say no do you mean no or "no"? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

My bad, but the point still stands. Chargers still had a lot more power than the T/A.

posted by  giant016

I mean NO....In the final sense of the word lol :smoke:

posted by  Cliffy

So just making sure, no post whoring? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Dont push it lol

posted by  Cliffy

What am I pushing? :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

This is like post whoring on a whole new leve. And don't smoky and bandit have a firbeird400 not a transAm. Glad you guys pay attention

posted by  Aondor

It's a good thing somebody was paying attention, because you sure weren't. The original (and only one that counts) Smokey and the Bandit car was in fact a 1977 Pontiac Trans-Am. Black on black, gold trim, honeycomb wheels, 6.6l, auto. I can't believe that people don't know at least the basic info on this iconic car. :roll:

http://www.bandit-trans-am.de/bilder/tahintenlinks.jpg

http://www.bandit-trans-am.de/bilder/tavornelinks2.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

i know that you can see the auto shifter in all the scenes that show the interior, but there's a couple of scenes where it sounds an awful lot like a 4-speed...:hi:

posted by  dodger65

It's called sound track dubbing. There are scenes in The Fast and the Furious where some of the cars SOUND like they have 10-speed transmissions and a TV commercial I've seen recently with a Honda 750 chopper that SOUNDS like a Harley Knucklehead.

On the other hand, in Smokey and the Bandit, they show a certain T/A doing some pretty serious jumps and keep on going. You don't believe that also... Do you?

posted by  vwhobo

exactly how stupid do you think i am? wait...don't answer that...
that's fine... i was just hypothesizing that not all the cars in the movie were automatics, or that they dubbed in a 4 speed sound bite.... b/c i don't THINK that they used the same car throughout the whole movie...:wink2:

btw, did you ever notice how many chevies and fords in tv and movies have chrysler starters?

posted by  dodger65

The Bandit.

When I get home I'm gonna punch yo'mamma right in the mouth.
Put the evidence in the car, son.

posted by  Marquis

what was this topic about again?

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message