Co2 gun problemo

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Co2 gun problemo

I go a co2 gun and loaded my first co2 tank into it today (12 gram). Just got the gun and never done it before. For a minute when I tightened the tank in place, it startewd hissing gas. Someone told me that its supposed to because there isnt supposed to be too much pressure in the gun. Is this supposed to happen?

posted by  newyorker

I've got one of the paintball guns, and for me, it was just that it had to be tightened on really tight, and it did hiss...I wasted like 5 cylinders figuring this out, but tighten it on really tight, and shoot them pretty fast too, I could get anywhere from 10-25 shots per cylinder depending on how fast I shot them...but mine was the cheapest model they had lol...

posted by  chris_knows

So this is normal? Should I have just tightened it more?

posted by  newyorker

I'm not sure if it's normal, but mine did it too, and it worked fine (It was a Brass Eagle II(?))...gun got pretty cold though...

Tightening might snap it, especially mine, seeing how it's all plastic lol

posted by  chris_knows

is your o-ring bad? ive had that happen a couple times, the co freezes the ring or it just gets wore out.

posted by  adamc44

sometimes it will hiss initially when the canister is punctured...

posted by  dodgerforlife

for how long?

posted by  newyorker

depends on how fast you can tighten it in fully lmao. with the co2 pistol I had....3-5 seconds.

posted by  dodgerforlife

ooo...well i didnt tighten mine fully :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

yeah that won't help you any lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

seeing as how this is your first marker, you should have gone with something like a semi- auto mechanical spyder cheap from Wal- Mart. they use a constent air system such as a 9-20 oz. CO2 bottle. they are much easier to screw in and you get no leaks. but the Brass Eagle Blade or Ghost are good for shooting around the yard. :thumbs: im guessing the gun that you got is a pump?

posted by  starscream0

Gun is a GAMO P-23 look it up. Its a small pistol. I fixed the problem because the first canister I had sometihng in the space for it nad it offset it, but its fixed. Shot through some campbells cans.........THROUGH

posted by  newyorker

ooohh... i thought it was a paintball gun, not a bb gun. ok ok... umm... i dont know much about them, i am more on the professional paintball.

posted by  starscream0

Your Message