Un-pimp my ride

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Un-pimp my ride

Un-pimp my ride (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-vi deos/#more-1817)

Cool car ads. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: Vee Dub in the house y'all:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Cool....That'll teach those boy racers! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

you no, i wasnt into golfs that muhc, then a lil bit ago they bacame more appealing, these commericals(along wiht the "your fast" commercials) have really peaked my interest, i say, bravo vee dub, bravo

posted by  ride3k

LMAO. I like the last one with the black guy. The German dude says, "Ohhh snap." :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

duude, hes sweedish =P

posted by  ride3k

How long have these commercials been around?...Because I just saw it here for the first time :laughing:

BTW It was the one where they capapult it :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Someone mentioned that they didnt like the "hip" language they are using but that's done for comedic effect. It's not serious. Also, it's good to see this Mark V b/c I really like the way it looks. But my question is what's the curb weight on the car and will it be reliable...b/c there were tons of issues VW had b4 w/the Jetta and Golf

posted by  NISSANSPDR

First an opinion, then a lesson. Opinion. I think they're all pretty cool, at least for the audience they're aimed at. I personally like the one with the trebuchet and the Eclipse. I've been planning to build a small trebuchet out behind my house. Now maybe I'll have to make one big enough to throw a car.

Lesson. The device used in the third vid is not a catapult, it is a trebuchet. Catapults use the stored energy of a tensioned (pulled) or twisted rope to hurl the object from it's platform. Technically a bow and arrow is a catapult. A trebuchet is also technically defined as a catapult, but it works on a much different principle. Instead of relying on tension for it's energy, it uses a large counterweight to move it's arm. It also always uses a sling which puts more energy behind the projectile. Catapults usually use a solid cup or bucket.

So, the Eclipse is being launched by a trebuchet. Either way it's pretty cool. Oh, shnap! :laughing:

posted by  vwhobo

I made a trebuchet in grade 11 in tech class. It was awesome. (but only big enough to launch a hot wheels car....)

posted by  Mathew

my friends made one over the summer, and "attacked" a gated community with it, funniest thing i have ever seen in my entire life, picture 20 16-18yr olds charging at a gated community, with someone launching water ballons form behind them. Plus, the were wearing cardboard "armor" and had tin foil "swords"

posted by  ride3k

Sounds like a group of stoners

posted by  newyorker

wtf? at least we dont go around smoking hookas, why the f**k is that a group fo stoners?

posted by  ride3k

yea, dont steriotypicial stoners do nothing? :mrgreen:

posted by  pik_d

haha ok so it took me all day to actually click the link and watch things haha very nice. V-dub ┬┐what?

posted by  salimander13

EXACTLY :mrgreen:

*gets of lazy ass to do something*

posted by  ride3k

:orglaugh: LMFAO ...Thanx GW, I needed a good laugh!!!!
I think those were way better than the Poser Mobile ads for Tmobile.

And Newyorker, what did Stoners ever do to you???

V DUB yo, V DUB
25 cent to connect yo

*ingore me*

posted by  elchango36

V Dubbbb in da house.... That was some good stuff there, here is anotehr one:
http://navycs.com/gallery2/v/useful_images/movies/vw-terrorist.wmv.html

This one got pulled in the states.

posted by  Voda48

wtf? lmao. :orglaugh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Are you sure? I mean the Polo has NEVER been sold in the US, so... Why would VW advertise the Polo in the US? It sounds to me like you're trying to make us believe that 2+2=5.

posted by  vwhobo

that is freaking hillarious. Even if it wasnt the polo though, it definitly been pulled in the states, to "violent"

posted by  ride3k

ROFL:orglaugh: Thanks for that!!!!

posted by  elchango36

:orglaugh: :orglaugh:That's also hillarious, but they definitely wouldn't play them here...

posted by  chris_knows

I saw it on a Spike TV. Are you sure 2+2 doesnt equal 5?

posted by  Voda48

It was never intended to go on tv. It was meant to advertise the car in an underground internet way.

posted by  Scolson

Your Message