Why?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Why?

Did you join CF?...I'm just wondering, and I'm bored lol...

For me, it was to post-whore, and get a stupid question answered lol...

posted by  chris_knows

was lookin to get a new car. was trying to figure out where a 2004.5 car came from or somethin...

posted by  pik_d

To Learn.

posted by  Pythias

I searched for a forum where i could discuss cars, and soon after i joined i used Car Forums to learn more about cars.

posted by  moostang104314

To bullshit myself around saying that I had a 9 sec Teg with no intention on staying...buuuuuuuut I liked it to much and confessed :laughing: , also came to learn a lil bit more

posted by  99integra

wait, you confessed? how did i miss that?

posted by  pik_d

...I am all that is man!

Just thought Id let you guys know.

posted by  Zalight

LOL! are you serious? Hmm, I'll find the thread and post it up, anyone else feel free to help me search and post it here :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

yea, i'm serious. :ohcrap:

posted by  pik_d

Heh, s'all good, its been awile though

posted by  99integra

I have no idea

posted by  PontiacFan27

i dont even remember why

posted by  mx3_monster

Was looking for stuff about cars and this forum came up (couple years ago), so passed it by, then it came up awhile after in another Google search so I joined (I had a couple questions in mind and also wanted a place to learn alittle).

posted by  car_crazy89

I missed the confession too, Teggy lol. I did wonder how one second you're a 2o something with more money than sense...and his own garage, and the next, you're just the same as most ordinary guys lol.

I'm sure there was a thread like this before lol. Oh well, I joined CF because I had just found this thing called the "Internet?" and "Forums" at work and loved cars, so I searched under "Car Forums" in Google, and this was top of the list....so here I am I guess!

posted by  Cliffy

i joined to soak up as much car info as possible. ive always really liked cars, but didnt know how do do much for em exept hold the flashlight for my dad when he's workin on one of our cars, and i learned a little from that, but not very much. so i joined to learn.

posted by  azkid110

Found it on google, I was searching for some car info and was looking for a car forum, so I typed in "Car Fourm" into google and bam!

posted by  GreekWarrior

I joined becasue because I wanted to expand my knowledge on cars. That and everytime I googled something I wanted to know, there would always be a Car-Forums thread as one of the searches. It just made sense (and I'm glad I did).

posted by  elchango36

well I was actually looking at the site for a while and seeing what it was about. After like a month I finally signed up to join the conversations and learn more about cars. Even though I did what half the newbs do (say hi and then post on what everyones opinions are on the car that I wanted). Then I saw/talked to hobo and realized that hardly anyone on here has "real" knowledge on cars haha sorry to say it, but its true. So now I'm on here for hobby/having fun/killing bordom/actually being a part of something.

posted by  salimander13

Hardly anyone on any of the internet forums has a good grasp of cars. One of my favourite pastimes is myth busting. I especially like the guys who get hergatroids of extra power from "CAI" and exhaust mods. I never believe them unless they produce a genuine dyno run or a genuine strip slip.... funnily enough they never do.

I joined to learn a bit about the US scene and maybe contribute here and there. I got ambushed for posting fact and stopped publically posting for a while to see if it was just an aberation. Resumed posting, got the rounds again, so metered out some swift justice and now try not to post anything too hard for young minds, but thought provoking nontheless.

posted by  Wally

im pretty sure i joined cause out of my group of friends, im probably the only one into cars and stuff, and i was curious to see just how much i knew, and I wanted to help other people out too, and ive never been part of a forum or anything computer related really,

so i joined:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

I joined because I was looking for a forum that discussed cars and had a area just to sit back and talk about other topics. I began reading the threads(back in the days of 20 year old steve) and liked it more and more so I joined and here I am now still posting not like some who join and then forget about it:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

:laughing: Good times mah brotha

posted by  99integra

I think I had a question, or something. I didn't really post for the first few months on here.

posted by  Mathew

I came across this site sometime ago.. and just joined about a month ago.

posted by  Benson

I dont even post here for car stuff anymore.

straight up OT for me.

posted by  Zalight

Here you go, took me a while since you just whored someone else's thread. :laughing: Found some other good times from last year as well while I was looking:

Steven comes clean:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=16095&highlight=truth

When newyorker was 6000LE:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17125&highlight=lied

Fordfromhell352 coming clean:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14690&highlight=lied

Steven's intro- after the coming out (he edited it):
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8022

One of my favorites:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=15284&pp=15

Stiman made a CF group in myspace:
http://groups.myspace.com/carforums

posted by  97Talonchik

Actually, that myspace thing is for "car-forums.net"...a different site (I advertised that free thing v-tec posted there the other day :laughing:...along with about 20 other forums lol)

posted by  chris_knows

i joined because i was in search of infromation on what the heck was going on w/ my swift, turns out the synchronizers were out in 5th gear. im glad i found this place, lots of nice knowlegeable people here. also alot of funny drama and flamewars and a load of post whores which i really enjoy reading:thumbs:

posted by  adamc44

Really? I thought the whole point of him making it was so that all of our current members could add it to their favorite groups. Oh well, "Que sera, sera"!

posted by  97Talonchik

Yes, CF.net is another site. Funny, it's alot bigger....yet it never appealed to me.....THeir initial is CF though Grrrrrr lol *is not an advert lol*

posted by  Cliffy

i joined just to join and i didn't come back. i happened to be in need of some help and happened to stumble back over this site and here i am, still here.

posted by  glagon1979

First it was because of 6000le having a trans problem (turned out to have no fluid:banghead:) and then I just kinda got stuck here posting my nonsense and "helping" others. Meh I like it here im a member of a few other forums, but this is still the best one. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Thank you...thank you so much...from the bottom of my heart Kristi....thank you for bringing that damn thread back up again...:laughing: :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Oh, my pleasure. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

Believe it or not, that night I simply typed "CarForums.com" into the URL and got here some how. I then joined to learn more about cars... and Im still here.. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message