Counter-Strike...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Counter-Strike...

I got Counter Strike: Source a couple of months ago, but then accidentally deleted it, and then I got another one, called "CSS Lan Edition"...I had this problem with CS: Source, and with CSS Lan; it doesn't let me join any games...Anybody know why?...I've been playing with bots for a while now, but it's getting boring, and annoying lol, anybody know what's wrong? (I think I need Steam, but don't know what it is/where to get it lol) :ohcrap:

Thanks in advance:thumbs: :thumbs: lol

posted by  chris_knows

Sounds like you have a bottleg copy and steam's new (well not so new) VAC servers wont let you join. It's been a while since I played CS:SOURCE. I miss that game.

posted by  elchango36

VAC as in "Valve Anti-Cheat?"...I've tried just about every server there is, and non of them let me in :ohcrap:...Here's what I get:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/csslan.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

Yup, the same VAC...gotta love steam(sorry but I paid $50.00 for my copy of HL2, and get kinda angry when bootleggers get through VAC).

posted by  elchango36

Aww that sucks...but I'll probably buy the game over March break then (3 days :hi: )

posted by  chris_knows

Get Steam Now (http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow)

It seems obvious that your version doesn't match with CSS. The game is only $30.00 or so at Fry's...

BTW...I've been playing since 1.3

posted by  BavarianWheels

I played 1.3 :thumbs:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Thanks for the link :thumbs:...I think I understand what I'm supposed to be doing (updating servers lol)...But one of them's like a gigabyte, so I'll leave it on overnight, and see what happens...

Funny thing is, I already had an account on there from a while ago :screwy: lol

I'll still probably buy the real thing but I'll use this for a week or so lol...

posted by  chris_knows

WTF Stupid Firefox froze :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message