Cyclone Larry

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Cyclone Larry

This bad boy is currently hitting the populated area of the North East coast, Australia. It is a category 5 storm (there is no bigger ranking):

http://independentwx.com/

Incase you don't know what a cyclone is, look at the image and identify the cyclone pattern. Aka Hurricane in the Americas and Typhoon in Asia.

posted by  Wally

And how close is that big fella coming to you and yours?

posted by  vwhobo

Pretty safe from my perch, but the US marines made a run for it a couple of days ago, pulling out of manouvres in the area.

"big fella"......... you spent some time with Australians?

290kph winds! http://www.abc.net.au/news/australia/qld/cairns/200603/s1595628.htm

posted by  Wally

do you listen to jjj by any chance? if so, did you hear (actually it mightn't have been on in wa yet) when they were talking to the couple who were literally in the eye of the cyclone - and then a bit later when they were talking to him again when the winds were back on? He was talking about whole trees blowing past etc etc ... nasty stuff

It's supposed to be like twice as big as Tracy or something, and obviously 1 cat more powerful!!! And Darwin looked like Hiroshima after Tracy.

posted by  windsonian

The winds are greater than Katrina and Rita. Hopefully most of the houses are built to cyclone rating.

posted by  Wally

That sucks...Is it going right now? Hope it doesn't hit too bad :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

that sucks sorry to hear that:ohcrap: thatsd the only reason im glad where i live all we get are tornadoes and snow storms:banghead:

posted by  mx3_monster

Makes me thankfull for our overly dull weather her in the UK....:ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I'd take the cyclone
:mrgreen:

Now get back to the TV and watch the Poms and Canadians loose at the Commonwealth games.

posted by  Wally

I'd like a mass snow storm.....not too sure about the Cyclone though :ohcrap:

As for the Commonwealth Games.....I try to avoid anything remotely sport related. And it's not the winning that counts....it's the taking part lol :mrgreen:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, but I bet when Mr Victoria Beckham scores a goal in the soccer world cup, you're more vocal than an pissed Arsenal fan in Germany .

posted by  Wally

Probably.....but I wont cry if he doesn't :mrgreen:

posted by  Cliffy

We had Phil the Greek and his missus here to open the games. Even Eddy showed up to help them get around.

posted by  Wally

Spoken like a true Pom (read loser):mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

what about a vocal, pissed, irish/german arsenal fan? (i rele hope your refering to pissed as drunk, not as in angry)

posted by  ride3k

yes pissed as in stonkered, sloshed, drunk, franz liszt, full as a boot, boozed, .......

posted by  Wally

Hang on a minute....as anti-sport as I may be.......I still seem to remember a certain tournament that we beat you guys at last year? lol.....ok, the only event I can think of, but it's an event all the same lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message