New job

Home  \  Off Topic  \  New job

Well I got a new job. I dont expect to make money for the next few months, but in the summertime once i get my skills to par, it should pay off. Im a Loan Officer. Basically I call people, get their info if they are interested, and get a secondary credit pull. Afterwards, I call them back and tell them what we can do for them, and if they are in I schedule an appraisal for their home. Once that gets done, we give them a deal, and its all set. Pay is commision only, and I get 35-50% depending on the deal size.

posted by  newyorker

Congrats :thumbs:, but is there a point to this thread? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Why does someone who makes $100k a year need a new job?

posted by  vwhobo

Because I lost that job at the end of the summer peanut..go back and read

posted by  newyorker

Yea...to say I got a new job..hope this doesnt come to be as bad as my ECN thread

posted by  newyorker

I have a feeling someone's going to start a flame war :ohcrap: Let's hope I'm wrong though lol...

posted by  chris_knows

i wish you the best of luck on your new job:thumbs: hopefully you make some decent money so you can get rid of that piece of shit you drive but you'll screw this job up just like everything else you do.:fu: :fu:

posted by  adamc44

way to speak one post too soon. :ohcrap:

@adamc44- everything past the first 17 words was COMPLETELY unnecessary.

newyorker. make the megabuck... or something. :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

Okay twinkie, here's your first post in this thread in all it's glory.

I read it the first time and I've gone back and read it again. Where does it say you lost your job? Can you show it to me? I can't find it. Nope, not there.

posted by  vwhobo

Well you can't've read EVERY post he's ever made can you've? I know I couldn't...

posted by  jedimario

everything you type is unnecessary, who are you the morality police? the only reason i typed it was becuase of what chris knows says so do me a favor and shut the **** up. im sure, by now, newyorker can defend himself and is prepared to defend himself with every post or thread he submits.

posted by  adamc44

your flame war joke was oh so funny then. great job of hinting to people that you were trying to be ironic... :roll:

but uh, even if he can defend himself, does that mean you need to go and give him something to defend against?

posted by  pik_d

Lol... you posted pics of you and Nissan Altima (I think that's his name) smoking hookah, yall arent a day over 17. How could you possibly be a loan officer. Especially when you are a liar and a cheater. (the ticket, hit and run, etc.) :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

Isn't being a liar and cheater a requirement for being a loan officer?

posted by  vwhobo

Or a lawyer ;)

posted by  99integra

Being a lawyer is a requirement to be a loan officer? Wow, that must be tough to get in to.

posted by  vwhobo

Lol, oooook then, I need to really specify around you don't I? :wink2:

posted by  99integra

You calling my dad a liar/ cheater?....

Me too. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

wtf, every one of your archived posts are you trying to correct somebody. mind your own business. i dont give a shit about your opinion.

posted by  adamc44

yea... every last one of them... :screwy: at least i dont go around pointlessly flaming people.

posted by  pik_d

you guys need to take a chill pill.
Does everyone have so much stress in life that we have to vent it at cf?

posted by  Aondor

There is no age limit for the hooka. You cant be 12, but 16 or so they dont care

posted by  newyorker

You know the business I see...yep pretty much

posted by  newyorker

I wasnt saying it was illegal. I was saying that there's no way you are a loan officer. You are not a day over 17.

Searches...

Aha!

I stand by my statement. You are no loan officer, too young.

Source: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=19185&page=2&highlight=hook a

posted by  StiMan

There is no age limit to be a loan officer jerky. If you can sell you qualify for the job. Its all about making money, not how old you are. Ever heard of that?

posted by  newyorker

There is no way that a professional company would hire a minor (ya, you are under 18, not an adult) as a loan officer. It is pure and simple. They wouldnt trust you.
What company do you work for? How much do you make? Do you go to school (high school)? If not, have you graduated? What do you have to do to "qualify"?
I am not going to believe this until I see it.

posted by  StiMan

And that, good people of CF, is what we all need to remember when 6000 makes a statement. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

Oxymoron?

posted by  97Talonchik

I personally believe him...it's not something so hard to believe, like someone who sells Microsoft Office products on eBay, making 6 figures a year :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Now look at what you guys did. You made him mad and he left. I for one believe him. He got a job as a "loan officer" at the local bowling alley, loaning out shoes. What's wrong with you people? :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

Thats all well and good, but the person on eBay works for no one. He has no company that employs him. Nobody hired them. Someone would have had to hired him at age 17, which wouldnt happen for a job that actually took some shred of responsibility. (ie you could hire a 17 year old to flip burgers, but not to be a loan officer)

posted by  StiMan

Its a new company. Ive been working with the 2 guys that opened it since the summertime, and have proven to be very reliable to them. One of the guys worked in the cellphone store, and now has someone else working there nad does the mortgage full time, and the other guy is Igor but we call him Snuffy...hes the other dudes best friend and they went into business together. They trust me because they know me.

posted by  newyorker

I think vwhobo's explanation is the most logical :laughing:

BTW I don't think you were here (you might've been on vacation) when he claimed to be that guy selling stuff on eBay :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

WRONG. I know someone who dropped out of school at 17 and Nissan knows him too. His name is Alex Borisov, but hes called "Ptichka". He worked as an LO for a year, and now drives an 05 Maxi

posted by  newyorker

OMFG HE DRIVES A MAXIMA! HES SO ****ING RICH! Dude, you dont even have to have a good job to drive a Maxima, you could be flipping burgers and get a loan to finance/ lease it.

Come on man, who are you kidding? No 17 year old can be operating a buisness that deals out mortgages. Ya, thats right, you said Igor is working with him, and you said in the other thread that "Big Man Igor" is under 18.

Face it, you're lieing and we've all proved that. Face the facts, you are NOT fooling anyone.

If you want us to believe this, post some facts.

Its obvious that you all are connected to the Russian mob. :laughing:

EDIT: Does this 17 year old loan officer work for a real company, or just one that he started?

posted by  StiMan

Big man igor is my frined
Snuff is the business owner. He is 23 years old. His partner mike is 25
Im not in the russian mob. I dont need my life ending early/going to prison.
Ptichka might not be rich, but hes been doing mortgage since he was 15 i think. Getting an 05 maxima brand new takes money, and I know for sure his parents dindt help him after his E overdose incident when he was in a coma. He did it himself. Nissan knows better I think

posted by  newyorker

Ok, now there is NO possible way to be able to do mortgages at 15 let alone 23 without any proper education on the subject.
You are making your story less and less likely with each word. Just come clean now.

EDIT: How about you answer some of my questions that I asked in my previous posts to start, ok?

posted by  StiMan

What is there to know about mortgage? Ptichka has been doin them for a shitlong time. Snuffy has been at it since he was 19 or 20....whats so hard to believe? I even got pictures of the office on my phone as soon as my damn link cable decides to work.
EDIT: reask them and il answer them im going to sleep and dont have time to search now

posted by  newyorker

Whoa! An office! That must make this legit! I could take a picture of my desk and that makes me an engineer! Please...
What is there to know about a legal document that holds the ownership of a house? Oh, ya, there's nothing. There is no way a 15 or 19 year old could get all of the legal aspects and rules about mortages correct, and have the licenses and other documents needed to even issue one.
Answer my questions. As well as this one: where do you all get your money to loan out? Loans from real institutions? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

I'm going to be watching this thread closely for the next few days. I can already see the first holes beginning to appear. :)

posted by  hondaman

i know, you simply go around pointlessly annoying me with your rambling posts of how things should be in your opinion. if i want your input ill ask for it.

posted by  adamc44

if that's how things worked we'd never get both sides of a story heard... but honestly, one argument is more then enough per thread. you have your fun here, i'll have mine, ok?

posted by  pik_d

I cant belive I read this thread........:banghead:

posted by  Voda48

It's like a box of cereal with no surprise at the bottom.

posted by  hondaman

was the cereal at least good?

if not, that's the saddest analogy i've ever heard... :-(

posted by  pik_d

Yeah, I think this one is a steaming pile of crap. I quickly googled the requirements, and here is what the US Dept. of Labor says about it...

"Loan officer positions generally require a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field; training or experience in banking, lending, or sales is advantageous.
Slower-than-average employment growth is expected despite rising demand for loans, because technology is making for simpler and faster processing and approval of loans. "

Furthermore, Loan Officers actually study the credit history and determine if they are a worthy risk or not. They don't just do a "credit pull" and tell them how much money they can give the interested party. Sounds to me what you do is more like telemarketing for a bank. You call people asking if they want a loan, get their information, pass it off to the REAL loan officer, and once they give you an answer, you call the client back.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that you would get 35-50% commisson. No loan company could offer that and make money, being that the highest interest rate I have ever seen is 28.9%, and that was for a loan I had out for my stereo. They would effectively be losing money with paying you more then they're making. If you said 3.5 to 5, and were truly a loan officer, then that might be a little more believable. Because on a 25,000$ loan, 5% is 1250...versus 12500 dollars.... the company would have to pray and hope that the client takes forever to pay that back to break even to pay out 12500 to you.

****ing lying faggot.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Ah yes, another story proven false.

Shall we make a list?

The Ebay job, loan officer, the supposed Jaguar, engine chips, hit and run, oh I know there are so much more, would someone care to fill in the rest?

posted by  hondaman

We pair the client with a bank, and they do everything. The home is appraised, they get a rate, and we are done. We get a fax of their W2 forms, 1003s, 1099s, and whatever else we need. The process takes 2-3 weeks. If you wana refinance il give you the number so you stop being a dipshit. Otherwise im not gona waste my time with you

posted by  newyorker

Ever heard of under the table pay? Stop talking shit. Go and get a job.

posted by  newyorker

ebay, jag, LO are all real jerky

posted by  newyorker

Right, just like I also own a Lamborghini and perform as a famous rapper. I just prefer to mingle with all the common folk.

posted by  hondaman

I like lamp.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Why don't you find a real job instead of constantly making one up?

You're not a Loan officer and even if you were, you'd never get that type of comission.

Here, this might help you...
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6007/bullshitbag8dj.jpg

posted by  elchango36

+1

...But I also like Chicken Burgers and long walks on the beach:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I still think "lol neon" was the best:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Wait...He was talking about a license plate? lol

posted by  chris_knows

im not sure, but one of newyorkers threads, greek just said lol neon out of nowhere and almost no one noticed it:orglaugh:

posted by  nighthawk

A lot of us notcied it, no one said anything about it though. I couldn't stop laughing. It was in the neon car club thread aka My first ECN meet (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=20738) People were cracking jokes about Neon's "tearing around the parking lot":laughing: .

posted by  elchango36

:laughing: I remember that lol

posted by  chris_knows

So, in addition to previously using this forum to admit to causing a hit and run accident and using controlled substances, you're know using it to publicly confess that not only you but also your employer(s) are defrauding the federal and local governments. That's what "under the table pay" is after all, an illegal way to make more money by concealing income from the IRS or by not paying all of the appropriate taxes such as federal income tax, state income tax, social security, Medicare, etc.

I imagine you have also circumvented the requirement in PA for all loan officers to have attended a six hour class. According to your state “Pennsylvania requires each mortgage broker, mortgage banker or loan officer to complete 6 hours per year of Continuing Education. The course must include 1 hour of Pennsylvania State Law; 1 hour of ethics; and 4 hours of Federal regulations, including RESPA, TILA, and ECOA. This class must be successfully completed prior to licensing of all individuals".

I guess you and they missed the ethics part. Who do you suppose I should forward THIS thread to? Have a nice day. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

You ****ing little nugget. I am at work, where I am not lying to try and be cool. You should grow the **** up.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Where do you work?

posted by  newyorker

We pay all taxes. They were awaiting company checks and got them today. All paid funds (or lack thereof since noone got paid yet, cash was simply used to get supplies) shall be accounted on on the appropriate tax forms jerky.

posted by  newyorker

Oh, okay, so we can chalk up this;

as being just another one of your ongoing string of lies. Credibility isn't your strong suit Twinkie. BTW, what about the mandatory training?

posted by  vwhobo

Look at it this way. Businessmen dont always have a college education, and some dont even finish high school. Im not even sure this is for me. Technically speaking me and the guys at work figured this out at work, because I said we are just telemarketers. We call the people on a hitlist and get their info and SSN. Then we let them know what we can do and if they want in we forward the info to a bank and they scedule an appraisal. After that we call the client and ask them for other necessary info like W2 forms, 1099, 1003, etc.etc. Proof of ownership, bank statements, pay stubs, and whatever other BS the bank tells us to get. Then we just wait for the bank to close the deal, and we get our commisions, part of which are then given to the caller that attarcted the customer, and worked with him/her. You tell me what that is. I call myself an LO because it makes me feel like a higher rank, and therefore I try harder to do what I do...3rd day and still no apps tho

posted by  newyorker

Sorry Twinkie. It'd be so much easier for you to remember your story if you just told the truth. You never said you were a telemarketer. What you did say was;

and in the state of PA you have to complete a course and be licensed. So what are you Twinkie Dinkie, a loan officer, a telemarketer or just a bad liar? I vote for C.

posted by  vwhobo

I told you what I do. The guys at the firm told me im an LO so whatever I dont care. I get paid, and thats all that matters.

posted by  newyorker

Wait so i can get Jag jerky. HOLY CRAP I never even knew you could make jerky out of jaguars. Sweet what does it taste like.
Oh and Im going to be 17 and soon I'll be working for Cisco systems. I got a shirt that says Cisco Systems so that means im qualified to work there. Im also starting my junior year in high school. But I might just drop out, seriously who the hell needs college when you KNOW people.

Seriously you are a Telemarketer stop lying to yourself

posted by  skeetin870

I worked with Cisco in class in 9th grade. Confusing shit. I dont know what I am but I know what I do...i get paid so who cares

posted by  newyorker

Yeah the guy who coaches me in shooting is high level engineer with cisco after they bought out one of his companies and he has explained some things really well but it is confusing. Also they pay EXTREMELY well but they work you hard. More than once I have gone to load shotgun shells and cant because he has to conference call. But he can bring home an 06 CLK 350 for his wife and an S class for himself. And most of the time he doesnt really do anything but when he has to work he can go till 3 in the morning.

posted by  skeetin870

Cisco deals with networking, and thats a VERY well paid field. IM going into it myself in college, not really for the money, but for the rank. You sit in an office all day, some networks are built from your own home, its all nice, where working at a local McDonalds will get you nowhere in life. Il work hard for a few years, and they reep the rewards, rather than crap around and live like shit for the rest of my life.

posted by  newyorker

Actually if you want to get attention build yourself a business that puts out a product that is innovative and well running and then let cisco buy you out. The only problem with that is the fact that you have to work your ass off until you get something that cisco feels is a threat. Thats how this guy got up. He actually started as an army ranger and has worked his way up from there smart guy. But your stereotypical engineer.

posted by  skeetin870

I've figured it out, how about a picture of your pay stub, just the part showing where you work, and your name?

posted by  chris_knows

I'll admit it, I talk on the phone all day. I'm not too proud to say how I make my money.

I work for the Staples Call Centre in Regina, Saskatchewan, as a Customer Service Representative. I make 9.60 an hour(starting wage) with a raise in a month and a half coming my way. I work 8 hours a day, monday to friday. Some weeks however, I do work on the weekends, in which case I get a day off during the week in lieu.

Alas however, the plans are underway for me to go be a leasehand with Big Sky Drilling in the Oxbow/Estevan region of Saskatchewan. I will need my H2S Alive and First Aid(135$ and 60$ respectively to take the courses for), and will be making 20.00$ an hour with a 200$ a day living allowance. I will work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for four weeks straight, and then I get a week off.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Wow, did I ever call that one.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I don't know about you guys, but I'd be rather weary about handing out my SS number over the phone to some telemarketer.

posted by  97Talonchik

Why is that. Work is work. Its better than sitting at home and bitching about how you have no money.

posted by  newyorker

Our number comes up as a 1-888 on the caller ID, plus we shred our documents after use, and if we need anytihng we ask them again. its not only for getting the client nice and feeling safe with us, but to keep them safe in reality. SSN is a very vital part or your life, and we dont want to risk it, so we would rather shred it and be safe than not and have a possibility of an accident.

posted by  newyorker

Err, what I actually meant was that I don't care about telling people what I do to make money. I think I may have phrased it wrong, mostly due to the late hour....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Here's a tip for you then. Never ever piss off an ISP, or cell phone provider. You would almost be sickened by the amount of information that is on file with one of those companies. And beyond that, most agents who work in the call centres don't make enough money to really care about the information that passes them by. Hell, I'll admit it, there were people who pissed me off, and I was tempted to sell their information (SSN, Name, Address, birthdate, phone numbers, credit card information) just to **** them up. However, I do have some morals, and didn't do that. But there are people out there....

posted by  dodgerforlife

I dont care either. Thats why when I get a job or something ne whappens, I post it here. I really DO work for the firm. If you dont believe me I can take down your number nad call you from work so you can see im for real. Maybe you want to refinance? I dont think we do canada tho:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Lemme see a pay stub and Ill believe you... maybe.

posted by  StiMan

First I gotta get some apps, and then close some deals. This is commision only fellas. Once I close a deal il get a stub up here. Everyone that works there said its tough the first week. Im kinda scared to just be upfront with ppl like when they say theyre busy to tell them "too busy to start saving money" and stuff like that. I just gotta get natural with it is all. Hopefully il start pulling some apps monday, but no luck to this point. I really dont care if you or others believe me, I got a job and thats all that matters. Nissan and our frined Igor did mortgage before I tihnk so I might hook em up with a job there over the summer.

posted by  newyorker

This job is absolutely telemarketing... I've done this before. You pick commission or hourly pay. The hourly pay is in the 7-9 bucks an hr. I know plenty of ppl that did both. First you get a list and all you do is sit and you say shit like " Hi this is dmitry calling from EZ home loans, how are you today? that greats but i think i can make it better. Would you be interested in answering a few questions for a survey that could get you a great loan for that repair or car you always wanted?" After they start laughing you, hanging up on you, flipping out at you, and cussing you out you realize how crappy this is. Now don't get me wrong there are those people that do alright. An application every 2-3 day's. Now that commission comes in after 3-4 months. Really the job is good if you are a girl. What guy doesn't like to come home from work and get on the phone with a girl that wants your information. She's young and hot. The job for dudes... i've seen dudes do good... i mean like real good get paid 10 grand in like 2 months... after that nothing they try and try and try but after a role the money doesn't come to them because the business most likely went out of business or some otehr shit

///end rant\\\:2cents:

posted by  95civicdima

I have to completely agree with you on that one. Thats basically exactly what I say...now I dont know why you say app every 2 or 3 days...guys in our firm average 2 or 3 a day, but the thing is 90% of the clients lose interest once they know they gotta pay $300 for the appraisal of their home, even though we tell them we will give them the money back at closing (which we really do). Women are better at this business, because if I was a homeowner I wouldnt trust some dude on the phone with my money, because guys tend to be more aggressive when it comes to money, and I would feel more secure with my money and information in the hands of a woman. I didnt have anyone curse at me, some people are just a bit rude when I ask "Well what rate are you paying now, we might still be able to help you save money", and they go like "none of your business I am happy with what I have" and bang on me...I cant really complain. At least doing this I have an opp to make money, but if I sit at home on TV, I definately wont make shit.:2cents:

posted by  newyorker

I guess that's why you posted this thread:thumbs: .

posted by  Godlaus

The reason for posting this thread was to inform, not show off. Then everyone started flaming

posted by  newyorker

To inform. To brag. You made a claim. Now you have to back it up.
And as if informing of your successes isn't showing off.

If I made a thread outlining about my Track&Field domination, and how currently, I'm rated at #1 in my league, with a stupidly fast time, would that be showing off? Or Informing? Oh, that's right. It'd be both.

posted by  Godlaus

Its showing off becuase you said "stupidly fast time". I idnt say im making "stupid money". IN fact I said I dont expect to make anytihn for a while:screwy:

posted by  newyorker

Dear god. The only place your rationales work is in your wee little head.

You stated:

Now, as we can all clearly see, you're trying to be modest, whe you want the recognition that comes from bragging, but you don't want the backlash of bragging. Much like someone saying: "I make a cozy living". That would be a suitable and good answer. IF SOMEONE ASKED IT OF YOU. Making a thread about it is simply showing-off.

Why should we care what goes on in your life? Why do you come onto this forum telling us about what happens in your life? The only reason that I can think of, is that you want to be patted on the back. So, tell me, newyorker: Why did you post this?

Don't you dare throw a crazy smiley at me, when you're the one out of his mind.

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message