Your current level of education

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Your current level of education

First off let me say this is not at all intended to be a flame thread so don’t make it one!
This is a thread to help us all get to know one another an a bit more intimate level. All you need to post is what your current level of education is, include hobbies that require certification, or anything else you feel like sharing... I will go first.

High School (West Bloomfield)
SRT Training (Oakland County sheriffs department)
CPR instructor certification
AED certification
LCC's 6 month certification course in Automotive Technologies (basically allowing me to work as a mechanics assistant...which I haven’t chosen to do, but the specific field is brakes)
First semester of LCCs Photography associates degree

In the next year
Sky Jumping certification
Transfer to Brooks (if I’m accepted) to finish degree (this time bachelors) in advertising in photography

posted by  TheFieroKid

High School (Walter Payton College Prep.)
College (wrapping up 2nd year Southern Illinois Unniversity at Carbondale)
Tips Certified (for work)

posted by  elchango36

Good thing I just made up a resume over the March break :laughing:...Not too much, but here it is:

Graduated grade 8,
2 years into high school
Finished AquaQeat 12 (Swimming)
WHMIS training
Finished Passport to Safety course
Yellow Belt Karate

posted by  chris_knows

High School (literally :ohcrap: ) freshmore woot woot :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Graduated from H/S in 2005.

Will have finished 2 semesters in college at Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge by the end of May.

Plans: Graduate from LSU after 3.5 years with Bachelors in either Poli Sci or Business Management. Go to Tulane in New Orleans for Grad School.

Interesting fact: My current roommate just finished Tulane undergrad as a physics major and is now a LSU grad school doing environmental engineering for masters.

posted by  thunderbird1100

• BSA Leadership Training Summer 2003
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid
• American Red Cross Title 22 First Aid for Public Safety Personnel
• American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer
• Water Safety Instructor Swim Aide training
• Eagle Scout Rank Nov 17, 2004
• High school graduate as of two weeks ago friday
• Several Computer hardware and software classes

That's all i can think of off the top of my head

posted by  Bubba

i would reply like everyone else and give all my info about schools and other such things, BUT, i wouldnt want anyone to know how dumb i am:laughing:

posted by  glagon1979

School 88 Kiev Ukraine
Louis H. Farrell Elementary and Middle
George Washington High School (currently a senior)

posted by  newyorker

-New Mexico High School Graduate equivalency degree

-My setpdads brother in law (I dunno what that makes him to me, lol) Is an instructor at the police academy and taught me how to give a full field sobriety test...so I guess I am technically certified in that.

-Certified badass-pimp-mastah-of-teh-world

EDIT: and the reason he taught me is so that I would be able to know wether or not to let my friends drive after parties and what not.

posted by  Zalight

Sure....:thumbs:

(BTW how about a little insider info :laughing: )

posted by  elchango36

The best test is to take a pen and have them follow it to the corner of their socket... if the eye jitters back and forth they are intoxicated and shouldn’t drive, you cant fix this... no matter what you cant hide it... if he wants you to follow the pen and youve been drinking your ****ed.

but Technically your not certified... I’m not even and I had to pass a test for OCSED.

posted by  TheFieroKid

I know...I dont have a certificate or anything, but he is the one that issues them at the police academy.

Then another good test is to stand straight look towards tyhe sky and lift one foot off the ground, then count backwards from one random number to another random number (ie: 67-54)

The officer is looking for you to either blatantly stumble like a drunk or to start teetering in small circles.

posted by  Zalight

Highschool-Class of '05
Currently attending Holyoke Community College, will finish my first year in May. My major is Mechanical Engineering, but I'm bad at math so we'll see how that turns out. After graduating at HCC I plan to transfer to the University of Massachusetts-Amherst for another 2 years. Sometime in the future I may take a welding class just for fun. I would really like to learn how to weld. I'll consider that a backup plan if Mech. Engineering doesn't work out.

posted by  giant016

Damit...I teeter in small circles when I'm not drunk (I don't think I have a good balance on one leg:ohcrap: ).

posted by  elchango36

Ok....

I'll start from my first real employment lol

At age 16 I went into the motor trade as an apprentice Mechanic, I left the trade four yrs or so later having completed the apprenticeship.

I felt like a change, so I applied to Join Surrey Police, at this time I failed one of the entrance tests (they've changed it now so I might retry one day!). I then went into the Security Industry and I'm now a Dog Handler/Mobile Patrolman. I've just got my License for the job I do, too (have to be licesed now....otherwise it's a hefty fine!)

posted by  Cliffy

I have an associate diploma from the Mt Isa School of Dreamweavery.

posted by  windsonian

That's er...um ..... interesting

posted by  Wally

don't listen to jjj then i guess?

posted by  windsonian

I haven't finished high school (HEY! I'm only 16 so that is expected LOL :laughing: ).

posted by  thermo

Graduated high school in '05 and go back this fall to college for web design:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

I'm still in my first year of high school, I plan on going to the University of Cincinnatti to get a doctorate in mechanical engineering. It will be like 9 or 10 years of college but o well, it will pay off.

posted by  Accord_Man

are you sure ... you can over-qualify yourself.

posted by  windsonian

A PHD in ME only takes 7 years. Why do you want a PHD anyways? Most ME majors are fine with a BS degree, some get a Masters.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message