does anyone know how to cook?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  does anyone know how to cook?

i want to know the best way, to cook one of these,

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/azkid110/ramen.jpg

posted by  azkid110

You're kidding, right?

posted by  vwhobo

no not really, cuz whenever i make it it comes out weird, and kids in college eat this crap alot, so theres gotta be a way of making it better, oh and ive heard of people frying it, so im just trying to find a way to make it better, cuz its pretty much all we got in the house right now for food.

posted by  azkid110

Umm....the directions are printed on the back....if you call that cooking, then you shouldnt be in college. The directions are written so any moron can understand

posted by  newyorker

Damn... And here I thought I was the only one thinking that. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

no im not in college, but im trying to make it like way better than normal, i've googled it and got a few recipies but they wanted to put like mashed potatoes in it or chili and that sounds weird to me. like msg and beef flavor is good i guess but does anyone put other stuff in it? or cook it differently?

posted by  azkid110

My wife puts shiitake mushrooms in hers. I take mine straight up like a man.

posted by  vwhobo

LOL! I hate Ramen noodles, but to make them better throw some meat in there. Hamburger, beef chunks, whatever.

posted by  TanyasMkIISupra

Not sure if I remember this, because I haven't made those, but I have made Mr. Noodles, and that's pretty much the same, although I haven't made those in a while, it was something like:

1. Bring 2 cups of cold water to a boil.
2. Put in noodles for 3 minutes DO NOT OVERCOOK.
3. Take off heat and put the soup base in.
4. Stir.

Personally though, I just open the noodle bag, and then pour the soup base in there, and break all the noodles up, shake, and eat then like that :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

My mom adds veggies

posted by  newyorker

If you want really good tasting ramen, don't buy Maruchan. Go to an international store or an asian grocery store, find the ramen that's covered in chinese or japanese characters, and cook those. Some of those come with 5 different seasonings (such as sweet soy sauce, seasame oil, etc.) as opposed to one tiny packet. I'm in College, I've eaten a lot of ramen. Try toping it off with some finely sliced cabbage. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

http://www.soups-links.com/Top_Home_Cooking_Soups_and_Stews_Fruit_and_Veget able.html

posted by  Wally

Its going to taste like cardboard no matter how many fancy ways you try to cook it. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

Don't you put it in the microwave for 2 minutes???

posted by  GreekWarrior

boil water, add noodles till soft, add powder in container for weak taste...or add powder to your noodle bowl for stronger taste....:screwy:

posted by  salimander13

Your Message