Just a quick moan....

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Just a quick moan....

Dont worry, I wont stick this one lol. Just wanted to ask you all to review you signature field. I've noticed recently, and been advised too, that some of the sigs around here are getting ridiculous. It seems mainly to do with all the "Fan Club" banners. I dont have a problem with any of you joining a fan club, as pointless as it may be (even I'm a member of the "nobody inparticular" fan club.....but that's more of a rebellion against the others lol), but can you not restrict yourselves as to how many you join?

Generally speaking, a sig should not put a strain on the average (15"?) monitor. In other words, you shouldn't have to scroll across due to an excessively wide signature. Also, some of you have displayed just one, large picture in this field, where this might be the same size as other sigs with a couple of pictures in them, it appears alot larger due to it being on it's own. Also, your signatures should not contain any links to sites etc, unless it's the Photo Bucket thingy that appears on all Photoshoped pics. Ok, that's the end of my moan. I would apreciate your assistance in checking out, and if necessary, resizing your own sigs. If you are not sure if your sig's acceptable, feel free to PM myself or another Mod, or post here. I you are not sure and just ignor it, be aware that it might just disappear!

posted by  Cliffy

I thought I was gonna see a video of some hot chick moaning :ohcrap:
But noooooo....Cliffy has to go on and play tricks on my mind

posted by  99integra

Hey....what's your name? GreekWarrior? :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

my sig too big?

posted by  nighthawk

Your one's not bad.....look at mine for a template.....yes I know, I edited it last week lol. It shouldn't really be any bigger as I consider mine to be boarderline!

posted by  Cliffy

Ok, i'll shrink mine down a bit:thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

I shall fix my sig cause I know I've had a complaint of my sig being too big. I'll switch it up.

posted by  Spanky2324

Is mine too big?

posted by  chris_knows

Your sig might be a little too wide for some....:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

do peoples screen sizes really play a part in this? Because I have a fairly decent screen about 12 up 15 across of actual screen (guestimation) and the biggest sigs that I come across is yours (cliffy) and gw's. What can make it seem bigger for others? The color setting?

posted by  salimander13

Screen size is measured diagonally across the screen. I think I have a 15" screen, and yours appears too wide in my opinion. Believe me sal, I've viewed sigs that are twice the size of mine here the past few weeks!...

Edit: infact, yours is probably boarderline, as the light grey part at the left of the screen isn't strained at all (kinda skinny lol)

posted by  Cliffy

what do you mean by strained? Its not indented? Well I tried to make it smaller, but I don't know what size to make it because there is something that goes on from photoshop to photobucket and it resizes funny (example I made it the same size as my old sig which was 4 inches by .8 inches, but it showed across the page as a good size, but my new one stayed the same as it is now and even lost resolution...so yea if you know how to fix that problem I'll gladly make it smaller.

posted by  salimander13

As I said, I think yours is ok....just boarderline! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah everything really appears small on my monitors, so i forget how big it must be for others.. i'll see if this reduced size works:thumbs:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/Bubbadaboogerboy/size.jpg

posted by  Bubba

Is it good now?

Also I guess this kinda falls in here, how can I increase my resolution without having to scroll around the screen?/Is it possible? lol

posted by  chris_knows

Not quite sure if i understand, increasing resolution puts more stuff on the screen so you wouldn't have to scroll as often.

posted by  Bubba

You could always press F11 on your keyboard.......and yours looks better now!

posted by  Cliffy

what does F11 do I hit it, but it didn't work. Maybe you can try alt+F4

posted by  salimander13

F11 makes your browser go into full screen mode, at least for firefox and Explorer

posted by  Bubba

oh, thats how I usually view the screen anyways. This is off topic, but do you know what the refresh rate does and should I increase it?

posted by  salimander13

Alt+F4? I wouldn't reccomend it, but I do use it when closing a program lol

Not sure if I worded it properly, but I meant like everything is a bit smaller, so I can fit more stuff on the screen. lol

posted by  chris_knows

The higher the refresh rate the easier the monitor is on your eyes

60 hertz = 60 screen refreshes per second

Be careful when you raise the rate however, if you go too high you could damage your monitor. might want to consult the manual to see what it is capable of

posted by  Bubba

I've seen this before, but the othe way around, everything looks bigger....only on another Forum provider's boards though....

posted by  Cliffy

You can tell if you got a low refresh rate if you look just off one side of the screen and it appears to flicker slightly:thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

ok right click on the desktop, click properties, advanced tab, and then choose a higher resolution, i'd go one setting at a time higher so you don't overdo it

posted by  Bubba

increasing the resolution will make it so that you can fit more stuff on the screen (I just tried it and it worked) I'd make the resolution higher, but I have parents that use this comp also...

bubba thx maybe that was wrong with my old screen:laughing:

posted by  salimander13

Mine doesn't have the Advanced tab, this is what it shows on Settings though:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/smothing.jpg

Increasing it by one makes the sides turn black (so the screen is square)

posted by  chris_knows

then you expand the monitor's coverage in teh monitor settings, wiht the buttons in front of the monitor

Edit: and yeah i meant the settings tab, sorry

posted by  Bubba

Mine shows the same....but it appears that I'm already on the snallest setting?.....which seems like the default size to me!

posted by  Cliffy

It's a lsptop, so there's no buttons for the screen size anywhere, and when I increase the screen resolution from there, I have to scroll through the screen to see everything :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

you mean like 800X600?

The smaller the resolution, the bigger the stuff on your screen will appear so if you use, say 800x600 everything will appear bigger and, 1280 by 1024, will make everything will appear smaller

Basically 800X600 means that there is 800 pixels horizontally across teh screen and 600 pixels vertically across the screen

and btw try 1024 by 768 instead of 1280 by 800 unless you're using a widescreen monitor

posted by  Bubba

That's apparently what the default setting is on my compute. As with Chris, mine's a laptop...

posted by  Cliffy

my sig most overwhelm everyone

posted by  Aondor

and that's as big as you can go, most likely.....

Edit: or is it?

posted by  Bubba

Lower your font size a bit please :laughing: JP

BTW Just found out my monitor's maximum support is 1280 by 800 px. Does anyone know what kind of cable I need to hook up my computer to a TV though?...I'm guessing an S-Video cable, but I'm not sure lol

posted by  chris_knows

yeah that would work, if you got the port in back

posted by  Bubba

Hey Chris, just noticed on your sig....Why not put the small piccy at the top, and the other two at the bottom, in size order?....just an idea lol

posted by  Cliffy

Hey, like this it makes a 'C' for Chris:laughing:

posted by  Bubba

Erm, yeah....maybe that was the idea hehehe

posted by  Cliffy

Like this?:

http://81x.com/Authors/Consul/chris.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2 20/Bubbadaboogerboy/nbipfc.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/q.jpg
Instead of posting threads with stupid questions, I'll put them here.
Thanks in advance :thumbs:
-Nothing for now lol

That's what it was like, and I changed it lol.

BTW I made it spell 'C'...I guess that makes me like a super-genius or something :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I made my sig smaller yesterday (took the STi members off it). Is it good now Cliffy?

posted by  StiMan

I was thinking more like......this......

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/q.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/Bubbadaboogerboy/nbipfc.jpg

http://81x.com/Authors/Consul/chris.jpg

posted by  Cliffy

I thought that might be too tall, but if no one minds it, I'll change it to that lol

posted by  chris_knows

Again....I think that's boarderline hehe....I edited my last post though as I screwed it up..:thumbs:

Edit: But then...I guess it all depends on the txt you put in it too...lol

posted by  Cliffy

I'll change it to that...I'll take the text out unless I have a question lol

posted by  chris_knows

That's a nice good size now....

Yes, I saw that.....looks good! :thumbs:

Sorry, missed that one....that's also ALOT better now, thanx. Yours was one of the larger Sigs, if memory serves me hehe

posted by  Cliffy

Is my sig fine? :mrgreen:

Can I put that gif of the two chicks kissing back up? :hi:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Yours was ok...untill ya added to it earlier on lol.....slightly too large now...:wink2: :laughing:

And the main pic could do with shrinking very slightly:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Here's what I think. Cliffy has tried to be nice and PM certain members about the excessive size of their specific sig pics. Cliffy has also tried to be nice by posting this non-threatening, generic, open ended thread about the excessive size of some sig pics. However, some of you have responded by enlarging your pics and then asking if it's okay. I think Cliffy should just go through and DELETE all sig pics he finds to be oversized. Then there would be no question. If I were Cliffy, some members would have their sig pics deleted for a while just to prove a point.

The moral of the story is, certain people are taking advantage of the fact that Cliffy is a nice guy. It's time for Cliffy to squash out their sig pics and make examples of them. Got it? Good. Just so there are no questions, Greek Warrior, aka TheMemberWhoPostsNothingWorthwhile, would be the first on my list.

posted by  vwhobo

You're right hobo.....I'm far too nice lol....(wouldn't have heard that a few months back lol). As I stated on the opening post to this thread, I will be deleting all sigs that are too large, if said members do not respond to my request. If the repacement is still too large, that too will be deleted..etc etc etc :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I think hobo has always thought you were a nice guy, he probably just thought you were an idiot at times. To give everyone a heads up what day or time are we looking at when your going to start deleted sigs (I know you said mines boarderline, but this is for anyone else who has this question since im on right now:thumbs: )

posted by  salimander13

I have already started!:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Is this in spite of my "big-ass sig to this smaller one" change ???:laughing:

posted by  elchango36

I've always had good sig discipline. Everyone should follow my example.

posted by  What?

Hehehe.

posted by  StiMan

Just felt the need to revive this thread. After an exchange of PMs between myself and another member (of which I might add my initial PM was warranted and the response it got was far from acceptable). I'm not going to edit the rules, but just to make everybody aware, if a Mod notices a Signature that is a bit on the large side, he will PM the member concerned and request that they edit it. If they fail to edit it when they are next about, the siggy has every possibility of being deleted. Rude PMs in response will not be tolerated.

Thank You.

posted by  Cliffy

It's my rules over everything.

posted by  What

Thanks for that useful insight. I have edited your signature....I very much doubt you need me to explain why.

posted by  Cliffy

I don't know why, but that really cracked me up!

posted by  Nissan_Altima

errm...Is my sig alright?:hi:

posted by  an_talpur

Your Message