Raise a toast tonight!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Raise a toast tonight!

At 01:02 AM,
It will be 01:02:03 04/05/06 for exactly 1 second. Won't happen again for another thousand years, so enjoy it while it lasts!!

posted by  Zalight

What if you use a correction factor? :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Holy shit you're right. Guess it's time to bust out the vodka.

posted by  hondaman

awsome, you bring whatever and I'll bring the girls. PARTAY

posted by  salimander13

Sweet I never thought I would see the day:smoke:

posted by  skeetin870

Actually it will happen again in 12 hours from the fact. So at 1:02 pm enjoy the fact that it will be 01/02/03 04/05/06 and its so much better to have an excuse to get wasted early in the day.:laughing: :laughing:

posted by  skeetin870

That rpm needle long exposure effect is awesome. I might have to try that. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

What if your in the military!?

then it would be 13:02:03 04/05/06

posted by  Zalight

Or if you're a cop, work in many branches of the government or live in most countries other than the US. It's not military time, it's 24 hour time. The US military just uses it and as a matter of fact is using it less. You see, you've already learned something today... My time anyway.

posted by  vwhobo

I saw that on Myspace and posted a bulletin in the calendar section a couple of hours ago, pretty crazy stuff lol

I'm going to do that tomorrow afternoon too, just drop everything, and start congratulating people :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

better do it fast because you only have 1 second...

posted by  salimander13

Aww...Never thought about that...eh, I'll work something out :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

WH000000 It's time here:
:mrgreen: :smoke: :hi: :clap: :thumbs: etc..lol

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/wh000.jpg

OHHH YEAH!! lol

posted by  chris_knows

I'll be waiting till next month, as we put our dates DD/MM/YY

posted by  windsonian

Crazy aussies with your crazy dates.

posted by  Zalight

We do that too....so it's a "Crazy Brit" thing, too lol.

I use 24hr time, too....just seems more professional. Also, I have to use it in my job....infact, any job that requires report/statement writing or logging should use the 24hr clock!

posted by  Cliffy

don't try to cash in on our craziness ... you're not as cool as us :orglaugh:

posted by  windsonian

There are some places of business I've seen that use a 24hr clock and have a very strange tendancy to add 'a.m.' or 'p.m' to it, just so that everyone is DOUBLE (or just really really)sure that they meant 1900 in the evening and not 1900 in the morning.

Stupid... people...

posted by  shadowedII

I just slap one of these on my wrists and when I need to know the time I face slightly east of north.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/89104/2/istockphoto_89104 _sundial.jpg

posted by  boothe

That kind of stuff drives me nuts. People say "Meet me at 2 PM in the afternoon". Damn. I thought you wanted to meet at 2 PM in the morning. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

it happens again twelve hours later. party at my place!

posted by  musclecarneon

Hey, it was our crazyness in the first place lol.....afterall, it's you guys who have the Union Jack in your flag! :laughing:

They'd have to be stupid to think that lol. I just say like '1300hrs'.....afterall, that's why we use the 24hr clock, so people everywhere know instantly whether we're talking about am or pm!

I'm sure you've pulled Wally up on that one before lol...Crazy Aussie! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message