SUB problems, HELP

Home  \  Off Topic  \  SUB problems, HELP

Aight heres the situation.

I have a 15" RE SX, powered by a Hifonics BX1000D. So this one day i open my trunk to check out my sub, and i notice that it has this rattling sound. I mean even when its at like 4 Volume, which is nothing, i can still hear this rattling. As I turn up the volume, the rattling dies out, but thats just cuz it's being drowned out by the bass. Also theres a tear in the surround, its a very clean cut at the edge of near the edge. SO i dont know maybe it could just be that rip. When you pull it back you can definitely see the interior, but its a small cut, about 1". So how do you fix that, and whats with the rattling?

posted by  Stem

Just to let you know, a 1" cut isn't small...but that wouldn't cause the problem...

To me, it sounds like the spider has separated from the magnet stack. Pop that sumbitch out of the box, and just set it down on a table or something...move the cone up and done with your fingers, and look at the spider(piece covering the top of the magnets). If it's moving off the magnet stacks, then the sub is right fragged, unless you know how to repair a spider. But generally spider seperations are covered under warranty....

posted by  dodgerforlife

but if the spider was separated wouldn't it not play as well, it still plays the same, i mean it hits the same as before the problem, just the rattling, but ill check it out. some other suggestions were that it was a tinsel lead.

posted by  Stem

It would still play, and still get loud, but you would notice the rattling, particularily at lower volumes. I had this happen to two separate subs...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message