Something happened...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Something happened...

... two years ago today (4/17) involving CF's history. Get what it is, and a link to the thread, and get a special prize! :thumbs:
(Note: this event has not happened since today 2 years ago)
(Note2: the prize will be my choosing, so... ya...)

This is NOT post whoring, this thread actually serves a purpose.

posted by  StiMan

any hints?

posted by  TurboLag

Do we really even care?

posted by  Zalight

I spent about half an hour searching, but couldn't find anything :ohcrap:...Can we get a small hint?...Like what section (i.e. Off Topic, General Chat, etc...)

posted by  chris_knows

hey i got nothin better to do

posted by  TurboLag

I give up for now. Hints are needed. All I got was that Superjew went on a vacation.

posted by  giant016

Same here lol

I also learned that Cliffy signed into CF from a colleagues computer and nearly got fired :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Off topic; locked after DR made a post in it on October 27, 2004; also, it greatly pertains to someone who posted in this thread

posted by  StiMan

that means it relates to either u or thebaxleyjr

posted by  V-Tec

Why, yes it does.

posted by  StiMan

OHHH Three new mods!!! Damn, I know someone's beat me :laughing:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2579

EDIT: NO ONE BEAT ME!!! What do I get? lol :mrgreen::laughing:

BTW Congrats Cliffy, tbaxleyjr and Satty101 on lasting 2 years :clap::thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Heh... congrats!
Heres your prize:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/850/uthaman2dn.jpg

Now this thread served more than one purpose. The obvious is congrats to those mods, but the second is more reclusive. It is the fact that we have not had more leaders in this forum for 2 years. In those two years or membership has grown exponentially, but our leadership has barely changed (ok, so we got 2 super mods, but that helps only slightly). We need a change. We havent gotten more mods in two whole years. WE NEED MODS! I dont care who, we need them NOW! Thank you, and sorry if you think this is post whoring.

posted by  StiMan

Haha suckers :badrazz: :laughing:

BTW I agree with you...we need at least 2 or 3 more new mods :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

By the way, good to see Bax is back, where the heck is Bav? Long time no see (or am I not looking hard enough?)

posted by  Voda48

He is here he just doesnt post

posted by  Zalight

Do I 'NEED' to post to be around?

I'm here daily.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Cheers Sti, and everyone else, for the 'congrats' lol....wow, I had no idea it had been two years.....how did you notice that John? Would have been easier if I didn't 'unstick' the thread lol. But yes, we do additional Mods, but nobody here to sort it, as you know. Who knows, if more mods are appointed, I might be promoted lol :thumbs:

Oh, and was it that very same day that I messed up on somebody elses PC?.....I remember it well lol

posted by  Cliffy

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2840 lol

posted by  chris_knows

That was a week later though lol....but it does bring back memories, infact, I viewed it again for the first time sinse, last month lol

posted by  Cliffy

Nah.... it has just been a little while. Hope all is well man:thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

I just noticed I have more posts than the person who made this website!!!!
holy crap, I should be a moderator :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

It's confusing though, because it also says he joined June 2004 or something...when he obviously was here from 2002, so he would probably have like 4,000 posts...But I have more, so I should be Admin :laughing:...You can be a mod then :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I think I'm a clear candidate for mod. Vote for me, I'll change the world.

posted by  What?

But nobody likes you.

Oh wait, I guess that makes you perfect mod material.

posted by  OombaIsBack

I'm loved, and I love Cliffy and Bav and those other bitches. I even love you.

posted by  What?

Sorry, I think you've confused yourself with us Mods.....

He genuinely does only have that many posts....which doesn't matter unless you're a whore lol

posted by  Cliffy

Ya, you have made 611 posts in 2 months... perfect mod material! (I have no problem with you, but post whoring isnt a way to get modship; especially after being active for just 2 months...)

Come on, posts dont mean shit.

UFF's account says he joined in Jan 2004 (if I remember), but thats obviously not true. Back when I started here he was just a regular posting member just like everyone else--he was actually pretty knowledgeable and helped the forums. Wonder what happened that changed his mind... :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

He probably just wanted to see what the forums would do without an Admin...I doubt he's coming back anymore though, but what does he care, he still gets money from the site lol...

posted by  chris_knows

He at least should name another admin and a few more mods. This place gets out of control at times. And it is most certainly not the current staff's fault. We just need more people to have this place covered as much of the day as possible.

posted by  hondaman

A place that consistently has over 90 people viewing it at any given time needs to have more than 4 people controlling the flow of posts etc.

posted by  StiMan

I would have nominated thunderbird1100 for a position in the past, but recent events have made me think he would make a rather irresponsible mod...

However, my other nominee would be Zalight. I think he would be a responsible moderator here. But we still need more than just one more.

Of course, getting the admin to get this done is another problem....

posted by  hondaman

But what would CF be without crazy flame wars and stuff?:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Yeah, God forbid we actually talk about cars :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

A lot better. There's a difference between a constructive debate and pointless name calling and trolling.

posted by  hondaman

well, it at least would have less character as a website...:hi:

theres not a whole lot of car talk going on lately though:ohcrap:

posted by  nighthawk

Maybe. But for some reason, this forum seems to attract trolls more than anything I've seen. We desperately need more force in those times, and it would help for the normal times as well.

posted by  hondaman

UFF was just on here within the past week. I don't know if he was on here for very long or not.

posted by  thefonz

It's probably due to Car Forums being the most popular sort of forums, and it's top of the listings in Google...and it's aclled 'Car Forums' lol.....so if people type that in, this is what's offered!

He has been here a few times over the past weeks, he's been on for around an hour sometimes. I've PM'd him a few times, but to no avail! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message