help a guy out

Home  \  Off Topic  \  help a guy out

ok, well heres my problem. My teacher gave me a person to do a speach on about a famous mechanical engineer. I did it with online resources, but he doesn't have an autobiography or a biography. Now he is making me do another one that has a biography or autobiography. I have a lot of hw and work in a couple of hours so my time is mildly limited.

I was wondering if you guys know any mechanical engineers that have a full autobiography or biography that I can find at a local library.

posted by  salimander13

Use it next time, I'm too lazy to use the Google It You Moron image right now (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:200 5-30,GGLG:en&q=mechanical+engineer+biography) :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

In my mind the best choice, and one that has a huge amount of history written about him, would be Ferdinand Porsche. He had training and education as a mechanical engineer, but never actually completed his education. He did however eventually receive an honorary doctorate based on his past education and designs.

posted by  vwhobo

http://www.bookrags.com/biography-elisha-graves-otis/

well Mr. Smarty pants care to explain why this site says thats its his biography and they don't have a book on him in the library...the answer is because he didn't do enough successful things to whole books on him in every library (if they even have a whole bio/auto on him). Funny I found this site because the 3 pages they say this "biography" has is the most I've found about him. (this was the first person he made me do)

Thanks Hobo, your a life saver and time saver, well its really early or late however you look at your days, so better get started.

posted by  salimander13

Say what? :confused:

posted by  jedimario

James Watt, Lee Iacocca , ......

Shame you couldn't write about an electrical engineer because probably the most brilliant of engineers was Nikola Tesla and there has to be a great story in Hollywood screen goddess Hedy Lamarr (that's Hedy, not Hedly of Blazing Saddles fame).

posted by  Wally

And I don't think Henry Ford had a formal degree, but he became a chief engineer for the Edison company. Classic "son of bog Irish immigrants" story.

posted by  Wally

yea, he made us write on our major and mine was mechanical engineering, but math is kicking my ass right now. I chose Ferdinand, turns out it worked out great because my teacher is a car collector and he knew all about him.

posted by  salimander13

Your Message