Protest on Civil Rights and Immigration

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Protest on Civil Rights and Immigration

THE AMERICAN FLAG COMES SECOND

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks.

You should.
http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/disgrace.jpg

03/28 : Student protest in Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.

(Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)

More:
http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/disgrace2.jpg
http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/disgrace3.jpg
http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/disgrace4.jpg

Meanwhile: Mexico Cheers Passage of Immigration Bill

Like I said: Welcome to reconquista.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail. Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray". Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

Even though I'm Canadian, this is pretty brutal.:rolleyes:

posted by  Benson

I heard about that, and it really does suck...I can't see why they're doing that :doh:

But on a side not, we learned about Montebello High School in Spanish lol

posted by  chris_knows

I'm mexican, and I think that its stupid what they are doing...the mexican people are trying to prove a point by ditching class and protesting and rebeling against the power....to me its stupid, just get on with your damn lives and don't come into the country illegally.

posted by  salimander13

Whoa, idk wht's worse, taht or Roper.

posted by  jedimario

You know for people who love Mexico so much they sure are trying to get over here alot.

posted by  OombaIsBack

First of all, that flag thing is WRONG, 2ndly, that was just one group of people. To say that all Mexicans are like this, or do this, or agree with this, is ridiculous.

3rdly, what exactly are you trying to do by "sending this to every American you know"? I'll tell you what, you're spreading hatred. Your feeding the hatred that most ignorant Americans have against minorities. How do I know, because those pictures pissed me the **** off, and I'm Mexican.

Let's stop it here. I've seen similar threads like this one (immigration) on other forums and they've all ended in racist flame wars. This thread needs to get locked before it gets out of control.:2cents:

BTW, don't use the term reconquista if you don't know what it means or what it was.

posted by  elchango36

I agree with most of what you said

(next thing doesn't portain to you elchango) I'm mexican and those pictures don't offend me. I think its stupid for people to get offended so easily, my friends bought me a T-shirt that said "hecho in mexico" and I wore it around for a day. I came up to another mexican and he got mad at me because he said it was offensive. Its a F'ing T-shirt, it reminds me of a time where me and my friends made t-shirts and I had to take it off because some lady found it offensive...(it was technically) it said "suck my male reproductive organ". I still think that people are uptight and anal so they just can't let human beings be human beings.

posted by  salimander13

I don't think you quite understand what these ****ing high school idiots did. Take another look at the pics. It's extremely offensive. Not only did they put the Mexican flag on top of the US flag, they put the US flag up upside-down. That was extremly disrespectful. It's falls under the same level as flag burning, you just don't do it w/o offending people. This is gonna lead to more hatred and rasicm at a critical time in history where we need to open our eyes to the facts, not the lies. Why is it that's its always a few people that **** it up for the rest of us?:banghead:

posted by  elchango36

I agreed that those kids were idiots. I was just telling a story that happened to me on a smaller value. The reason why they don't affend me is because I'm not patriotic If they were burning a mexican flag I wouldn't care, If they burned a american flag I wouldn't care, any kind of flag. I only love 10 things in this universe, its sad I know, but thats me. I also agree with your new statement that its always a few idiots who ruin it for everyone else.

posted by  salimander13

Because they feel that their opinion on what to do is more important than actually being right. They are expressing their opinion, as wrong and as offensive as it is. And speaking out against it is also voicing an opinion, even if it's racist.

See what happens when you let the idea that "it's just my opinion" be the determining factor in an argument? And why you can't just "let" people have and express any old opinion that pops into their heads?

posted by  ChrisV

There's a big difference between this and whether or not a car's ugly. :2cents:

posted by  jedimario

Only in target, not in mental and logistical processes. The subject has changed, but not the sort of mentality it takes to think that opinion is more important than knowledge and tact. The fact that you think there IS a difference is why we have so many problems.

posted by  ChrisV

I meant that this is much more relevant and impotant. And since when do I cause problems here? :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

That is disgusting, I would like to kill those people. Anyone trying to sneak over the border should be shot on sight, no mercy. And to those f-ing mexicans ... if you like your bloody third-world country so much, WHY DON'T YOU STAY THERE????

posted by  musclecarneon

Can you say blanket-hatred???:banghead:

posted by  elchango36

Is there a difference in what you said and the actions you would take, from what those kids did? A repeat of what elchango said, its only one group of mexicans its not all of us:thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

No, I clearly stated that it was one group of ****ing idiotic high school douchebags who just wanted an excuss to cut class (and if this wasn't clear, it's clear now). :cussing:

posted by  elchango36

please go back and re-read what I posted...I was giving musneon a REMINDER of what you said, I wasn't confused or read your post unclearly.

posted by  salimander13

I don't hate all mexicans. One of my friends is mexican. I just hate those mexicans. (Where the hell did I say I hated all mexicans??)

posted by  musclecarneon

I think it was implied

posted by  salimander13

He said those Mexicans. Implying, well...those Mexicans. If he meant all Mexicans he could have just said that. I think that his way of arguing gives wifebeaters a bad name, but none the less.

I think people have to remember that these are Highschool kids. Highschool kids can rarely be taken seriously, as they will protest just about anything.

posted by  giant016

Well what about when that one big group of them protested? I don't hate mexicans, but I hate ones that don't become citizens and complain and want rights :screwy: Instead of coming to America to protest, why not stay in Mexico and protest there, and make that a better country?

posted by  Benson

That's not entirely true...There haven't been any protests in my school...Other than the teachers lol...Most teenagers are just to lazy (me). They decided to do something, but they didn't think it through to well.

posted by  chris_knows

well heres where I stand...big group or small group the mexicans that are protesting for rights that are illegal are stupid ignornant morons. The mexicans that are in mexico who want to come in the USA, do it, but only do it leagally...

posted by  salimander13

Here's where I stand, some of you guys have no clue what your talking about. Some of you have been misinformed and are talking out of your asses. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

You're absolutely correct in your assesment of the situation, but... Instead of just making that statement, wouldn't it be more productive to supply them with FACTS concerning the situation. Keep in mind that most everyone who has weighed in on the subject has some of the facts, probably including you, but might not be applying them honestly and rationally. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

I'm just waiting for the right opportunity :wink2: .

posted by  elchango36

any opportunity is the right opportunity if your trying to inform someone

posted by  salimander13

Okay so I'm watching t.v. and they are saying that there are people who want to change the American national anthem to another one with Spanish in it? If you live in America shouldn't you speak english?

Why do people have to adjust their life styles and how they live for people that are just migrating to another country? They already changed "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays" because it offended people. Wtf?

posted by  Benson

I just heard about that today, and I think it's the dumbest thing they could have proposed. I think thier just trying to see what they can get away with now. You ever heard the saying "ask for more than what you want, so that when you recieve a little less, it's really what you wanted"(Or something along those lines, just ask any bargainer).

posted by  elchango36

As it's been proven before, the people that really need to be informed, often times refuse to get informed (i.e. read).

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2005_07_26/us/immigrants_not_hurting.htm
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_29/b3943001_mz001.htm
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-07/uosc-ish072105.php

posted by  elchango36

You had your chance and blew it. All of your "news" articles are from far left leaning, liberal organizations that are selling their own agenda. Once again, this is a case of only using the facts that support your argument. I expected better from you.

posted by  vwhobo

That disgusts me. Hopefully congress will pass the legislation for building a wall between Mexico and the U.S. to decrease illegal immigrants. I studied it in my Government class the other day, there is a plan in congress to build a huge wall bordering nearly all of Mexico, of course if it were my decisions there would be no gaps in the walls, one big long wall with some patrols, and of course a ton of investigation in illegal immigrants and arrests.

posted by  Pythias

I know most highschools aren't protesting this, but the ones who are shouldn't represent the mexican people as a whole. If my HS had done something like this, most kids would probably have participated just to get out of class.

posted by  giant016

Would this cost more than just letting the immigrants in? Seems like a lot of money would have to go into it.

posted by  salimander13

Same with my school...And I probably would have too lol, unless I really cared for the subject, in which case I would have done it to protest.

posted by  chris_knows

Do'nt you guys get expelled or something for diliberatly ditching class? I can't remember what they do when they find out your ditching.

posted by  salimander13

For skipping here it's like a 3 day suspension for the first 4 or 5 times, and then I'm not sure what happens...but if your parents call in and say they knew you skipped, the school won't punish you.

posted by  chris_knows

Exactly. Sure we were all immigrants at one point, but the majority of us did it legally. I have no problem with legal Mexican immigrants etc, but the fact is that they broke the law, and now we are going to give them citizenship even though they broke the laws of the nation that they are now attempting to join? Uh, no.

I think that what needs to be done is the strengthening of the US-Mexico border. I go down to the border every few years and it is embarrassing how easy it is to get across. I see trucks laden with people simply driving across the tiny excuse for a river (in some places it is tiny). Now there are US Border Patrol blockades on the major roads about 10 miles from the border, but one could get around these fairly easily. Also, the fact is that Mexico (especially the border cities) is erupting into drug-related warfare. I mean the city police in a border city recently massacred a group of national police; the country is collapsing unless something is done by their government. Until their government does something to fix themselves, we need to find a way to protect our borders to keep Mexican citizens from illegally entering our country. If the Mexican government does do something, the number of illegal immigrants should subside, but I doubt the government will.

I am not racist I promise, but unless something is done rights will be given to criminals and the official language of Texas wont be English in a few years.

I also do not mean to offend anyone; these are simply my views on something that is certainly directly affecting every one of us, especially those of us in border states.

:2cents:

posted by  StiMan

3 days? Damn..

If you skip here, you get like one detention lol.. and if you're smart, you can sometimes find a way to get out of that too.

posted by  car_crazy89

Damn a detention? There isn't even anything at my school.

posted by  Benson

You can always get someone to call in and sign you out, but they have to sound older :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

It's not all about money though. You could compare an argument of money on something like this to say if, it would be cheaper to let police just have hitsticks instead of guns, it would be cheaper, but more bad would come of it. Just as well if we keep letting illegal immigrants pour over our borders, and alter the economy, usually more for the worse than the better. If we don't do something about illegal immigrants, then all we are doing is simply having a law instead of enforcing it. t America as a country is composed of many different races and ethniticites, but a recent stufy showed Mexicans in 50 years or so will outnumber anyone else in the country including white's and blacks. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to see American 80% or more Mexican in 150 years because we had a border issue. :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

:ticking: :eek: wow..

And there is also a gang called the MS13's that are all latinos, it is supposed to be the biggest gang in all of America and the worst, and its starting to spread into Canada too.

posted by  Benson

Remember the Berlin Wall and how the "free" democracies denouced it? Now we have Israel installing a prefab panel rendition of the wall of Jericho and in the land of the brave a proposed fenceline to keep the barbarian hordes from the United Mexican States.

We have a rabbit proof fence here that runs for nearly 2000km. I might be able to get a deal on it if the border states are desperate.

Surely if these people are so different they are easily recognisable, and it is every citizen's responsibilty, black or white, to report the olive skinned, job scabbing, bible bashing invaders.

posted by  Wally

Hmm. How aboutthose that use our tax paid services without actually paying any of teh taxes? How abou tthose claiming rights of citizinship without actually being citizens?

How do you think Americans would be treated in Austrailia if we just started moving there en-mass and demanded that you not only treat us as Australian citizens, but change your ways and government/flag/etc to cater to us becasu we didnt' feel like following YOUR rules?

posted by  ChrisV

You don't know much about Oz do you.:wink2: If they try to come here illegally and are caught, they are sent to a remote island in the middle of the Indain Ocean for processing for a few years. If they are legimate migrants and useless to the nation they are given the dole, free reign and the laws changed to make their lives more bearable at the expense of the remainder of the population... if Muslim, we go to extraordinary lengths to make sure we don't offend them with cumbersome Christian and Puritan work ethics, see how flexible we are. :wink2:

The flag? Well we don't put much stock in bits of rag flying off poles, although solemn occassions like Anzac Day do solicit some reverence. A Muslim burns a flag here and the crowd pause for a beer then resume the pummelling for other reasons.

Americans moving to Australia, well we have our fair share of opinionated expat yanks who want to save Oz from the sins of their fore fathers. We have had US interference in our political process, our kids wear baseball caps and other ghetto clobber (especially the Lebs) and I seem to remember a major submarine comminucations base on our sovereign turf at Exmouth.

posted by  Wally

Well since we're talkin about Mexicans...

I was comin home tonight, pull up at the front of a stoplight, a late 80's early 90's neon yellow Mustang w/ straight pipes pulls up beside me. He revs his engine (keep in mind I'm in a bone stock '89 Accord) :rolleyes: In fact, taht's what I did. Looked straight ahead and rolled my eyes. He revs again, but not so loud. I look over, there's a Hispanic with his wife and kids in the car :doh: So, after me not doing anything while the light was red, it turns green. I kinda jerk off the line just to see what he does. After that, I was ahead of him because he didn't start right away. Then I accelerate slowly, and he goes by me as fast as he could(I assume so anyways, I just about went def as he passed) The sad part is, he wasn't even goin that fast.

Stupid guy, he'd race anything with 4 wheels at the drop of a hat, even with his wife and kids in the car. Bet he was illegal too.

posted by  jedimario

That last thing Americans should EVER do is change our society to fit people from another culture. If mexicans want mexican culture and are so enamored with mexico, they should stay there and try to make their country better instead of making ours worse. If they want to conform to American culture, speak english, and come in legally, fine. Anyone coming over illegally should be shot.
In the 1800's, britain was the economic capital of the world. They were then flooded by indians (as in from India, not native americans) who got all the jobs because they were willing to take squat for payment. The result? 3/4 of all british workers were laid off and their economy almost collapsed. Now they are no longer the economic capital of the world. Why? Because they let the indians in.
It's going to be the same thing with the mexicans. They're willing to work for nothing, and they're causing American workers to get laid off. this is one thing I disagree with President Bush on: no mexican workers in the US. By letting mexicans over the borders, Bush will destroy our economy. This will, in turn, cause America to lose it's status as the economic capital of the world, which will in turn cause us to lose our status as a superpower, both economically and militarily. America needs to be a self-contained unit, or we'll just be following in britain's footsteps.
That's my :2cents: And yes, I still think those protesting students (THOSE students, not ALL mexicans, thank you!) should have been shot or at least tear-gassed. NO ONE has the right to blaspheme the american flag like that. Especially not a bunch of mexican immigrants.
America--love it or leave it.

posted by  musclecarneon

There's just one flaw in your story, Americans are not getting laid off because of immigration, rather because Bush's budies rather save a few million dollars by exporting American jobs out to foriegn countries like India. Why? Because A.) they're willing to work for peanuts as well, and B.) the laws regarding minimum wage and worker's benefits are non-existent. Who do you think you're talking to when you call Ameritech or Dell for Customer support? Most likely your talking to some Indian dude working somewhere in New Delhi for chump change. Where was your "domestic" car built? Canada, Mexico? Seriously, if you want to keep Americans from getting laid off, then keep the American jobs IN AMERICA:banghead:!!!

posted by  elchango36

If what you say is true then that would make the Mustang a Foxbody like I have? If that is the case it is evry hard to believe because it is amazing hard and unsafe to fit even 4 people in one.

posted by  Pythias

Yes it was a foxbody, but it wasn't a convertible, and there were at least 3 people, I saw one head in the back. It wasn't too hard for me to get in the one my dad had a couple of years ago.

posted by  jedimario

yea its not that hard, it can actually seat 4 comfortable if they are shorter than 6' and 5 people compact together.

posted by  salimander13

The only time I see people in England flying their flags proudly are during the Euro or world cup football.

And Musclecarneon's posts reminds me of the Rednecks in South Park episode "Goobags". "They took our jobs!!":laughing:

posted by  fudge

LOL, yup I remember that episode and he sounds just like'em.:laughing:

posted by  elchango36

So, was anyone affected today by the protest of illegal immigrants?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12573992/?GT1=8199

posted by  Benson

It seems these Mexicans are taking the shit jobs. God forbid some of these people who are losing their jobs to Mexicans could actually do something for themselves (get an education) instead of sitting around complaining about how it's everyone's fault but theirs.

As far as the strike today, the only thing I noticed was the abundance of really annoying hippies on campus.

posted by  giant016

We have that problem over here with imigrants from Asain countries, and where I admire the hard working families who's intentions are to work for a living and offer us, as a country something, you you guys in the States, and probably those in the countries that the imigrants originate, would expect us to offer you/them, like work etc to the ecomemy, I fail to respect those whom offer us noting and merely come over on a boat and abuse our Government and caring nature as a nation. I dont mean that to sound racist, but I'm sure you can all understand where I'm coming from. I also dont like the way that rather than being taken to a Church to learn about its ways, our children are being taken to Mosks instead, and where I dont have anything against this, it would be nice for the Government to asses where their priorities lie.

As with all af the above, I can understand why the American folk at CF would become annoyed. I dont like how our country is changing, as I'm sure most of you dont (if that's the right use of words lol). I am kind of viewing this thread from an outside perspective, in my experience though these threads tend to go from bad to worse, however, at this stage I'll just keep an eye on it :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11240718/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/01/60minutes/main1090941.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

Even though they formed in El Salvador, how else do you think they could have gotten into the U.S.? The word border comes to mind. :doh:

posted by  Benson

Meh, I haven't been to my math class (first period) in about 4 days maybe, just go to Burger King or Wal-Mart and shit like that lol :laughing:, and I have gotten caught skipping off campus, all the cops do is put you in a cruiser, drive you to school, call your parents, and then write you a referral and put you in OCIP, simple :laughing:
Ironic thing is I have an A

posted by  99integra

Nope...the owner of a Mexican restaraunt here in town said he'd fire any employee that participated...I'd go there now if I didn't hate the food :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

The thing is that illegal immigrants will risk their lifes to get a better one(remember those cockel pickers and those who were suffocated in a lorry), when they work here they do the jobs that no one else really wants and try not to make themselves noticed.

As for taking advantage of our government well I don't know what you exactly mean by that as illegal immigrants are deported if they are found so they can't really claim any sort of benefits. Also if you are caught employing illegal workers you could get sentence to prison.

One thing that pisses me off in the UK is how students moan about big debts yet they brag about going out getting wasted and spend £50 whilst doing so each time.

posted by  fudge

What I meant was, if they seek asylum and get it, they are permitted to stay, and thus get all the benefits etc. To be honest I dont think many of them do get it, but if they do, that's when things start going wrong imo!

posted by  Cliffy

I find it interesting that illegal immigrants spend so much energy getting here, and protesting the fact that they are not treated as citizens, yet are they donig that in their native countries? Why not work that hard to change their own damn country?

I don't care if they are "doing the jobs no one else wants to do." They want the rights of citizens without BEING citizens. That belittles the efforts of all those that legally became citizens throughout our history.

posted by  ChrisV

I saw no effects from the boycott. And in Dallas there were only like 1500 demonstrators at City Hall.

The boycott idea was stupid. I read an article in which several Senators who did not know what to think of the bill said that the boycott pushed them to decide against the Mexicans and for the bill.

posted by  StiMan

Just because the guy was hispanic doesn't make em illegal,:laughing: or maybe he was?

So the guy revs his engine, and you assume he wants to race. You jerk off the line to see what he does(you stoop down to his level) and he burns you with his wife and kids. Nice one :thumbs:

posted by  MetalManiac

When you jerk off the line you aren't even going that fast and especially since you let off right after.

posted by  Benson

Your Message