United 93

Home  \  Off Topic  \  United 93

All I can say is, everyone should see it, but no one will enjoy it.

posted by  Mathew

I heard it was really good...I'll probably watch it over the weekend...

posted by  chris_knows

i really think that that movie is not necessary this soon after it. maybe another 5 years, maybe another 10.... but not now...

is it meant to inspire patriotic sentiment, and unify us against terrorists? or is it just putting a few more dollars in someone's pocket... (i'm seriously asking this--it would almost be justified if all profits went to a good cause, but i don't really like someone benefitting from a tragedy just b/c they can't come up w/ anything original---just like everything else out of hollywood)

posted by  dodger65

saw it a couple of hours ago... sad, but nicely done

posted by  V-Tec

It was on T.V. last night, I was too lazy to watch it, I tried to but it was too slow for me.

posted by  Benson

On TV? It just came out in theatres :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

That was Flight 93, and it was a TV movie. This is United 93.

posted by  Mathew

I would have thought the same thing...way too soon. But it was extremely well made, and that much more powerful because the original day is still in our minds. It wasn't patriotic at all, it was quite sad, and definately didn't have any messages about terrorism.

It reminded me of the movie Elephant, which had barely any character development at all, it just left us to figure it out as the people in the movie had to themselves.

The reason I think everyone should see this movie is because I feel that it did the passengers of that flight justice to see what they went through. I felt for them much more, seeing their terrible journey and how it ended. It really is a tribute to them.

posted by  Mathew

Oops. :laughing:

posted by  Benson

honestly... i really dont think the people of America are ready for this movie... it is much too soon. i mean i already got an email on the Da Vinci Code saying how "it goes compleatly against the bible and it is judging jesus" people cant get over that its just a movie. considering how mad people are getting over the Da Vinci Code.... people will go crazy with this movie

posted by  starscream0

Apparently it got really good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes...

posted by  chris_knows

I'm baffled. Exactly how did they make a movie about this when no one who was on the plane survived? Would it suffice to say that (in retrospect) this movie would be placed under the same category as the DaVinci Code...being marketed as based on facts when in reality, a lot of it is fictional?
I'm not trying to say these people shouldn't be remembered, but I think it important that we don't blur the lines of reality and hollywood.

posted by  97Talonchik

Does your email buddy think you can do something about the movie?

posted by  Wally

i think the only factual information that we have is the black boxes from the planes and the phone calls that were made describing the situation....

posted by  V-Tec

I bet all the heroes are good looking and the whimps are sideshow material.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

no, and thats the thing... they can protest it all they want but i dont know why they cant just leave it go... its just a movie :banghead:

posted by  starscream0

I think you are being sarcastic, but either way, the heroes were quite average Joe, and the terrorists were quite clean and well put together. One of the main players of the movie was actually played by himself. I don't remember what exactly his job was, but he was head of some national air traffic department (or something).

Am I the only one who went and saw this movie?

posted by  Mathew

i saw it....

posted by  V-Tec

Your Message