Your mods...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Your mods...

... hard(ly) at work again, locking threads that don't need to be and shouldn't be locked.

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8599

It's funny how he found this harmless thread, but seems incapable of deleting unsolicited advertising, even when it's identified in the correct area. Pretty damn pathetic.

posted by  vwhobo

It shouldn't have been closed, but it was probably dead anyhow :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

Well, as you said, it was full of misinformation, in a forum dedicated to informing, I think that merits a locking, don't you?

Now, I anxiously await the insulting of my manhood.

posted by  Mathew

I didn't realize you had any to insult. The only reason for your post is to incite a flame war. Grow up.

posted by  vwhobo

Seems like misinformation would merit a deleting to me...:2cents:

posted by  jedimario

sorry for my ignorance. and for posting in the wrong section. but i still dont exactly get what a ram intake is. Is it similar to CAI? because i googled it for pictures and all i see is open pods and 'hood scoops'. never heard the term Ram air intake being used down here in malaysia.

posted by  prvn

so your trying to say that almost all the R/M section would be deleted?:screwy:

posted by  salimander13

That is a completely different topic.. and not everything in there is misinformation (and it's not all blatantly false... most isn't anyways)..

posted by  car_crazy89

but isn't having the wrong information in a hidden form worse?

posted by  salimander13

It is, but how many of us can tell which is true and what is made up or guessed? (other then the few 'experts' we have here..).

posted by  car_crazy89

we can't, or we have to do the research/and or have the "experts" tell us and still do the research. Those do'nt get deleted, so neither should this one just for being a blatently misinforming thread since everyone knows that it is. That would make it just another stupid thread which we have alot of and none or shall I say most of them have not been locked.:2cents:

posted by  salimander13

The way I see it though, is that this thread in question has or will turn into another post-whore thread.. and we all know we have more than enough of those. I really think any thread that is misleading/pointless should be deleted and not closed as to help rid post-whoring.. unless it has some factual information in it, then it should be edited to have mostly only the actual information kept (as reading 4 pages of replies only to find there's very little information in there isn't fun).

posted by  car_crazy89

It was fun at the time.:mrgreen: DSMer was making a point of targetting me whenever he could, so I went for a sucker punch just to let him know he wasn't as clever as he thought.

If you edited or deleted everything fictional to do with car mechanicals, 98% of the carforums would cease to exist.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

So I suppose we should get rid of the Off-Topic section then, right?

posted by  97Talonchik

Well Off-Topic is just that... Off-Topic, so in other words it isn't supposed to have a lot (if anything) to do with cars or whatever else... so no..

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message