KTR- Riding through the past, riding thruogh the horror

Home  \  Off Topic  \  KTR- Riding through the past, riding thruogh the horror

Maybe this must be considered as an off topic thread, but I thought it can be interesting -not only because the pictures, but because the girl and her Kawa 1100.

The site is in english but there are many grammar an vocabulary mistakes. Please, don't be rude with her :D

Let's go for a ride through Ghost Town (http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/)

posted by  karburator

Is that were I think it is? That nucular power plant "explosion" or whatever? I think it was by/in Russia but I can't remember. I have a film of the aftermath on a "When Disaster Strikes" vid I have.

posted by  Satty101

Yes, it is.
It was in Chernobyl, Ukraine.

I guess I must say there aren't any images of dead bodies. All the pictures show abandoned buildings an so in a city nearby the nuclear plant.

Probably Homer Simpsonsky was supervising the plant that April 26th (it was just 2 months after the Challenger's accident, in 1986).

posted by  karburator

That was one interesting ride!! I've been to Ukraine twice and stayed a total of 33 days there. I've been to Kyiv, Dnepropetrovsk, and Kharkiv. I loved all three...Dnep being my favorite.

I book-marked that page. Thanks! :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

This is a site everyone should visit. Opens your eyes, WIDE :thumbs: Sure is sad what happened to those thousands of people, but the last place I would want to visit.

posted by  lectroid

No kidding. atleast without a radiation suit or something. Even with one I'd just feel.....alone.

posted by  Satty101

Russia / Ukraine = Single Guy's Paradise!! Trust me!! :banghead:

Mind blowing!!
One of the most interesting sites I've seen for a while. Thanks for the link karb :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

ditto. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

I celebrate that you liked it :)

posted by  karburator

that was kinda freaky.... i would never ride through there alone...

posted by  camaro67

Are you saying you'd have a better chance of surviving the radiation with someone there with you? A radiation sponge buffer if you will?

:laughing:

All I have to say is...

...wow...

Great find Karb :thumbs: I'm currently on chapter 11.

posted by  Integra_LS

Today is the anniversary of the tragedy. It happened 18 years ago.
We musn't forget this.

posted by  karburator

*bows head for a moment of silence in memory*

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message