Now I know...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Now I know...

... that I'm not the only member on this forum who wears glasses, so my question is. Would any of you consider wearing something like this?

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20041214-6.jpg

Yes, it goes through your nose and no, there are no frames. Yikes!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060522/sc_space/newglassesrequirepiercingbr idgeofnose

Just looking at them makes my asshole pucker up... And unlike some of you that's not a good thing.

posted by  vwhobo

I don't wear glasses, but never in my life would I consider it. If your into the that kind of thing go for it. Whatever floats your donkey.

posted by  salimander13

That's just a dangerous idea.

That's just dangerously on the line of wrong.

posted by  67Coronet383

Well.... i don't really see much of a point in poking a hole through the bridge of your nose... It just seems kind of freaky. *shudder* Yech... i wouldn't do that. But for the people who enjoy impaling their body with shrapnel probaly wouldn't mind a bit:puke: http://www.calshop.biz/piercing.jpgEDIT: THis guy doesn't need the surgery, looks like.. Already got a nice nail through the bridge..

http://www.museumca.org/exhibit/images/shew_william1-01.jpg<..and whats wrong with these anyway..?:laughing:

My mom had the lasik surgery and well she can see just fine now; 20-20.

posted by  Bubba

i dont see much too wrong with that... people get the bridge of their nose pierced all the time. now, if they get hit or something and u get the f;esh of ur nose ripped off... thats a different story:thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

Why would anybody wear those? Just get contacts or surgery. Maybe it's just to be unique :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I wear glasses, but never would I even consider piercing my nose with a pair :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

ouchy ouchy ouchy no no no never!

posted by  jedimario

quite the little kid reply:orglaugh: oh well, im with you, i wouldnt get it done either

posted by  starscream0

I wear glases/contacts and hell f***ing NO!!! That's just dumb! What if you were to get hit in the face with those frameless glasses pierced to your nose?

posted by  elchango36

i thought the same thing (painful like mad)

but it says somewhere that the lenses are held on by magnets, but still, who woud want a peice of metal in their face just for that?:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

I'll stick to my contacts.. I would never consider that.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

The constant feeling of your skin being tugged away from the bridge of your nose....ugh.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I might've, but it looks like the piercing actually goes through the hard part of your nose. Still looks pretty badass. Maybe if you could have it surgically done or something.

posted by  Scolson

no, when they pierce that area, they pull up a bunch of skin and pierce the skin, not the bone or cartilage. so if you got it done, it would feel like you were pinching the skin on the bridge of your nose all day.

posted by  starscream0

Hell no.

posted by  Marquis

no it wouldn't. I have my eyebrow pierced and I don't feel a thing. My skin where the ring goes under is raised a bit, but it doesn't hurt, you don't feel it being raised (after maybe 2 days tops). I say so long as you don't see the magnet that is in your nose bridge, go for it.

posted by  Satty101

I have glasses that I neglect to wear.... but I dont think that would be an option for me either.

posted by  Voda48

yeah, but thats above your eye, this piercing is right between them where there is very little skin to pierce.

posted by  starscream0

I don't have either type of piercing so I have no expertise in either, but... Don't you think those eyeglasses weigh just a bit more than a little bitty ring? I bet if you wore those for a couple of years, you'd have stretch marks on the bridge of your nose. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

I dont see the point, theres other options that are much more logical. But it does look kinda cool.

posted by  Mathew

Ah, something I didn't think about. Ok, now I see your point. My bad.

posted by  Satty101

Here's the step-by-step: (right from the article..)

~Get pierced - an internally-threaded barbell that goes through the skin above the bridge of your nose
~Use a tabletop mill to cut the L-shaped metal pieces that screw onto the barbell
~Attach rare earth magnets to the glasses; these hold the glasses on.

**Don't get rid of the bridge pieces; they let the lenses sit on your nose and take the actual weight of the lenses**

posted by  car_crazy89

Damn, it looks soo far back.

posted by  Scolson

Your Message