Home  \  Off Topic  \  Rum is for drinking, not for burning

This captain goes down with the ship
All hands on deck, stand hip-to-hip
I shout the orders, "Shoot to kill!"
I'm dressed to thrill,
I'm dressed to thrill.

:)

posted by  Zalight

Rum does burn well, but I'll agree that I'd rather have the fire on the inside than the outside.

posted by  hondaman

:(

nobody gets it?

posted by  Zalight

What's there to get? It's the first chorus of a song?

posted by  vwhobo

Guess not...

posted by  jedimario

yeah, I was bored and it was stuck in my head so I posted it up to see if anyone listened to the same music as me.

Apparently noone digs on the screamo.

But I do listen to everything its just that these guys have owned my soul for the last couple weeks.

posted by  Zalight

I like screamo, I just don't get around much as far as music goes...can't understand them most of the time anyways.

posted by  jedimario

Soil>me

posted by  Satty101

What is screamo?

posted by  Mathew

Screamo to me is music that contains screaming into the microphone to take place of singing

posted by  Satty101

In order to disguise the singer's (or screamer's) lack of singing talent?

posted by  Mathew

More than likely, but I can't dis it, since I too listen to it every now and then.

posted by  Satty101

not at all, Screamo is called this because it is an evolved form of Emo, that is a lot more hardcore.

As far as singing talent, this is definitley not the case, scope out Senses fail (http://www.myspace.com/sensesfail), underOATH (http://www.myspace.com/underoath)(these guys have an especially talented singer, listen to a boy brushed red), and the Used (http://www.myspace.com/theused). All of which are good examples of screamo.

posted by  Zalight

I was just kidding about that comment :thumbs:

posted by  Mathew

http://smilies.storagebin.us/smilies/grouphugthumb.gif

posted by  Zalight

id listen to maralyn manson before something like the used:2cents:
emo....pfft:doh:

posted by  nighthawk

there is no single possible concievable way in this entire universe that any form or type of emo music is in any way hardcore.... please never make that misconception again. and screamo is compleatly different than death metal, grind core, heavy metal, and gutturals. please dont get the two confused. those types of music do take talent to produce the sounds from the voice that they do:thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

I just dont see how a band like alexisonfire can actually sell cd's :2cents:
but thats just me

posted by  nighthawk

ive never heard of them.... what kind of music are they?

posted by  starscream0

I think they wouldn't be too bad if you could hear more then the one guy screaming in most of the songs (as the one guy doesn't have too bad of a singing voice..).

posted by  car_crazy89

I am not sure how to take this post... are you saying that you dont like emo but do like screamo? or you dont like either? Are you saying that there is no talent in screamo but there is in metal or what?

posted by  Zalight

Hahaha, nice one.

posted by  Mathew

I personally hate music that contains screaming rather than singing, screaming into a microphone just really annoys me lol.....I appreciate good music :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

i am saying i dont like either. and in my opinon, it takes much more talent in all the genres of music that i listed to be able to make those vocals with yor voice and not dammage it. im not sure if you have ever noticed, but if you have ever screamed really loudly, your voice tends to hurt after a bit. but the vocalists of these bands know how to scream and not hurt their throat or vocal cords at all, they can go on for a whole live show.

posted by  starscream0

Ahh, I see, well as far as you not liking it its personal opinion. I dont like emo either, FYI, but screamo gets me so pumped.

And yeah, these guys practice screaming...Its amazing to see a live show after an hour set they still talk like they have just been chilling, not destroying their vocal cords.

posted by  Zalight

What the f*ck is the difference between them all? Its like when you call a person a goth and they say, "pssch goths are faggots, I'm a vampire"

Tomato Tomàto :tomato:

posted by  Benson

Emo music is all these cry babies complaining about their lives and how horrible they are. screamo is the same exact thing, but instead of whining and somewhat singing, they scream. all the categories i listed (death metal, grind core, guttural) is about much different things, like killing people and real hardcore stuff like that (what i mean by that is emo people think their hardcore just because they cut themselves, real hardcore stuff that im talking about is kicking peoples ass in a moshpit)

posted by  starscream0

umm....

Are you retarded?

That is so ignorant...That opinion is one of someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

"I dont like pickles!"
"have you ever tasted one?"
"No but I know they dont taste good."
"How?"
"Well, i dont like some of the people that eat pickles... they are all wierd so pickles must be wierd"

Screamo doesn't try to act hardcore "I kill people and kick ass!" none of their bands claim to be "hardcore"... Thats not what its about, its about being pumped up and excited, not pumped up and pissed off.

Oh and by the way, emo PEOPLE cry and complain about thier lives, not emo music. There is a difference, trust me.

posted by  Zalight

And FYI, there is a huge difference between emo music and screamo music.

Emo (http://videocodezone.com/videos/p/panic_at_the_disco/i_write_sins_not_trag edies.html)

Screamo (http://videocodezone.com/videos/s/silverstein/smashed_into_pieces-2.html)< br />
notice a difference?

posted by  Zalight

Screamo, from Wikipedia:

Screamo is a musical genre which evolved from emo, more specifically hardcore emo in the early 1990s. Characteristic of the genre are hardcore screaming vocals and fast, harmonized guitars. Breakdowns in screamo songs are often slower and more melodic than in other genres, less of a "beatdown" and more of an opportunity for introspection (and rest for the musicians). Other than that, it is fairly hard to classify (particularly since the rule about screaming vocals is bent fairly often). It is sometimes also mistakenly referred to as emo violence, which is closely related (although bands in both genres borrow ideas from each other). Lyrically, screamo topics are often times introspective, although it is not uncommon to see a screamo band with political lyrics. Most screamo songs use imagery and metaphors to communicate lost love or failed friendships.

Emo, from Wikipedia:

Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Since its inception, emo has come to describe several independent variations, linked loosely but with common ancestry. As such, use of the term (and which musicians should be so classified) has been the subject of much debate.

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe the music of the mid-1980s Washington, DC scene and its associated bands. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and strongly emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.

And my two cents:

I only posted that for your reference, at this point I haven't been following the argument, nor do I care about either genre's of music, nor will I in the future.

posted by  Mathew

Hmm, I personally would listen to Haste The Day rather than The Used..

I'm not a fan of screamo/emo music, but I can sit and listen to say, Soilwork or Soulfly, or even go a little harder to Rammstein, and understand what they're saying. (Not Rammstein but it sounds good, since its a different language n shit)

People say they dont listen to like, nu-metal stuff because they can't understand it, but if you actually listen to it, you can understand it perfectly..anyways, I listen to everything basically.:thumbs:

posted by  Copenhagen

Your Message