Pre Cancer Cells

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Pre Cancer Cells

My doctor told me yesterday that they found them in me. I go back in two weeks to treat them and try to stop them from turning into cancer.. I cried. 18 years old and hearing the word cancer. It's scary. I never thought it would happen to me. I thought I had the world at my finger tips and then this. Everyone pay close attention to your health.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Wow, that really sucks, I really hope they can treat them... :ohcrap: They usually can, can't they?

posted by  jedimario

im with him, i hope they can treat it and u will be fine :ohcrap:

posted by  starscream0

I cant see that actually turning into something even remotley life-threatening

unless you're a hardcore smoker or drug user:smoke: :laughing:
but seriously though, you might have a few visits to the doctor, but im wiling to bet its gonna go away

posted by  nighthawk

Following a good daily routine of eating right and exercising will help you. Discovering you have it as early as you can is the best thing possible. Always fight back and don't get down. There are lots of people who have had cancer and played their cards right and lived for another 10-15 years or even beat it. I'm with nighthawk if you stay healthy and get it treated you should be fine.

posted by  Benson

I'm not even going to start on what I think of cancer.

But best of luck to you Cera, I hope you beat it.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hold on a minute......if it's not turned into cancer yet, surely it'll be fine? Especially given that once caught, cancer can usually be treated? I say you stand a much greater chance of preventing it, if it hasn't occured yet? Good luck though!

posted by  Cliffy

The same thing was diagnosed with me around my stomach lining. It was brought on by the bullets that pierced me.

Depending on where the pre-cancer is, it could be lasered off or they could freeze it. Most pre-cancer doesn't become cancer if treated. Even if untreated, pre-cancer rarely becomes cancer. Keep drinking liquor. I do.

posted by  What?

Every once in a while you post something worth reading. This is one of those times. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

One of my moms co-workers had stage 4 stomach cancer and was told she had 3 months to live. That was three years ago, the doctors say that part of it was the fact that her diet included LOTS of hot peppers which supposedly are high in antioxidents. Because after 3 years she is still around and as good as ever. The tumors have gone into remission and like I said the doctors dont think it was JUST the chemo.
Take it with a grain of salt and it is just :2cents:

posted by  skeetin870

Nineteen years ago my father was told that he had a minor tumour in his liver that could be removed on an outpatient basis, which it was. I scattered his ashes at his final resting place less than a year later. Some people are just luckier than others.

posted by  vwhobo

Cancer can be treated, but not always beaten...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yeah, that'll give her hope.

Stupid f*ck.

posted by  What?

You didn't get the color right.

posted by  jedimario

That's what they are going to try and do. Freeze it.

Oh gosh... I'm sorry

That was the idea, because if ya couldn't read it, it would have been pointless posting it lol.

Indeed...

Due to the cancer yet to appear, I'd say that gives her the best possible chance, wouldn't you?

posted by  Cliffy

Take heart, my wife had level three (next level is cancer), had a simple operation and no more problems.

If you were a bloke you probably wouldn't know, because we are generally too scared to go to the doctor in the first place.

posted by  Wally

Very true, I think us blokes are much to scared to go have any suspect lumps etc checked out in the first place. I dunno if it's the worry as to what the Doc might find, we just assume it'll go away by itself, or we can never find the time!...scary thought :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I may have diabetes AND I might actually have the start of...dun dun dun...Lukemia....Honestly, I'm not as worried as my 'rents are. Ironically I went there today, called the parents when I was done, and the doctor was shocked that I wasn't worried about it. I don't care. I go back in a week for them to tell me there's nothing wrong anyways....Way it always goes (that I've seen)

posted by  Satty101

I understand that my dad died of stage 4 lung cancer that had moved to his bones. Two packs a day for 25 years did the trick, she still has it and last I heard she was sick again.

posted by  skeetin870

I Had precancerous skin cells on my back.

Got em removed.

No problems.

posted by  Zalight

You ignorant twat. It was not meant as a blanket statement. It isn't ALWAYS beaten. My father has lived with Hairy Cell Leukemia for the last 15 years, on constant chemotherapy. My Grandma was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last year, and was given 6 months to live last month, they tried every treatment and nothing worked. HOWEVER, my former doctor got leukemia, and went into complete remission after one round of chemotherapy.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message