Music: What do ya like?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Music: What do ya like?

Trying to get to know everyone a bit more... What kind of music do you like to listen to? Personally I listen to a heavier breed of music. I like Hardcore, Metal, and some Punk. Favorite bands go as this...
1.Misfits
2.PanterA
3.Deftones

As for bands I like in no order... Dark Tranquility, Children Of Bodom, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lynard Skynard, Immortal, Spineshank, Nothingface, In Flames, Hatebreed, Glassjaw, Full Blown Chaos, Burnt By The Sun, Rancid, Raised Fist, Agnostic Front... I will stop at that, I have many more, buttttt oh well like you care :-). Would love to read your responses though.

posted by  Integra_LS

I listen to a little bit of everything. (Even Country)

Linkin Park
Ebminces
Red Hot Chili Peppers (A little)

I like more punk rock than alternative

I listen to rap too (These rappers talk about real issues and stuff not what you see on MTV)

Jay-Z
Tailbe Kweil
Mos Def
Kayne West

posted by  DJ Nonsense

Right now I am listening to:

Bone Thugs in Harmony
Tupac Shakur
Notorious B.I.G.
D12
Linkin Park
Old greenday stuff
Incubus
Hoobastank
Atmosphere
Blackalicious
Metalica

posted by  abless

HS in the early 80's...

Van Halen
Motley Crue
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Oingo Boingo
The Police
Ratt
KISS
...and a few more.

One of my daughter's favorites is Fefe Dobson. I find her music quite 80's "true band" ish...I love it!! :laughing:

But I also have a 'soft' side...I love the Grease soundtrack!...

posted by  BavarianWheels

ANOTHER F**KING MUSIC THREAD :cussing:

What issues would they be that aren't seen on MTV?

How do you rate those rappers when compared to: -
DMX
Tupac
Nas
Emenem

posted by  snoopewite

I listen to, well, a lot of groups. this list is in no particular order.

Story of the Year
Yellowcard
Fuel
Third Eye Blind
Lostprophets
AFI
Thrice
Trapt
Switchfoot
Linkin Park
Puddle of Mudd
Hoobastank
Seether

and then theres the classic rock that i like to occaisionally listen to..

Styx
The Who
Ambrosia
Pink Floyd
Prince (a little)
The Cars

posted by  SuperJew

Rammstein

Soulfly

Creed

basicly anything hevy

posted by  Hiens

Thrice, nice SJ :thumbs:

I'm wearing a Thrice shirt right now :-)

posted by  Integra_LS

Real stuff like 9-11, seeing there kids being born etc. The rappers that I named don't talk about stupid shit like 24s on there car or gettin "Krunk" in the club.

DMX- Hes ok. His first album is his best.

Tupac- Very over rated. I liked him a little. Since he talked about life. But he wasn't my favorite and I don't worship him like some people do.

Nas- One of the best lyricist ever. I like Jay-Z's stuff more but Nas has some good stuff too. Most of his stuff is deep and you would have to rewind his stuff to understand what he is talkin about.

Eminem- I liked M when he first came out. Thats when he was spitting real shit. He was a true lyricist back then. Now I pretty much hate him. I love his first album and I am lookin for the Underground Album he had before he blew up but other than that ugh.

I forgot to mention OutKast. More so Andre 3,000. Hes on a whole other level when it comes to his music :mrgreen:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

Well..I'm a big, big, big, big etc, etc Meatloaf fan myself, I love all sorts of Classic Rock but I've been a fan of Mr.Loaf's sinse I was this high *demonstrates with hands* (well, sinse I was 10 anyways...is that sad?) :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Love all kinds of music!!!!1

Fav groups are OutKast, Collective Soul, Led Zepplin, and old rap.

posted by  Voda48

ok, here we go

the beatles
paul okenfold
the strokes
the hives
the vapors
david bowie
iggypop
funkstar de lux
flock of seaguls
jimi hendrix
red hot chili peppers
talking heads
stereo total
more techno
not to much rap anymore...

posted by  mazda6man

this is going to be a long list...

Linkin Park
Eminem
D-12
50Cent
Rob Zombie
Metallica
Slipknot
Mushroom Head
William Orbit (Techno)
Supertramp
Sayton Familly
Offspring
Ludacris
Jay-Z
Juvinile
T.I.
Cash Money Millionares
Big Tymers
Moby
Fat Boy Slim
The Beatles
3*6 Mafia
Twista
Lil John and the Eastside Boys
White Zombie
White Snake
Ice Cube
Bone Thugs and Harmony
Wyclef
Billy Joel
Darude (Techno)
DMX
Cadillac Tah
Westside Connection
D-block
Outkast
Limp Bizkit
Sonique
Youngbloods
Usher
Peter Frampton
Nelly
Gavin Rosdale
Trillville
Chingy
Murphy Lee
Ying Yang Twins

and I think there's some more. That's just off the top of my head. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

now THATS what i call variety, Satty.http://www.mustangcentral.net/mcforums/images/smilies/eek2.gif

posted by  SuperJew

I have very weird moods. When I'm driving rock is cool. Prefer rap with bass but, we really don't have a good rap station. So I mainly listen to rock. I used to always listen to "oldies" because I was always with my parents. They got me hooked so I have a few songs with Peter Frampton, Billy Joel, etc. Some of them (depending on the mood) satisfies me greatly. Just good music. Billy Joel's Piano Man is just awesome. I love it. Supertramp's "The Logical Song" is a great songs aswell. Lately, I've been into techno for some reason though. That's neat to listen to but I don't try to drive with it. Actually makes it a little difficult. :ticking:

posted by  Satty101

I've heard Jay-Z talk about plenty of stupid shit.

If I had to choose which one of his albums I thought was the best then I'd go with "And There Was X", even though it didn't have a track with 'Satan' on it.

I don't do worshipping other humans. I've nearly got all his albums though.

"Ether" was a good 'dis track' and I like profound lyrics.

I want to get "Infinite" myself. I heard that he's used racist lyrics - something about being a "bigger hit" than that "***** shit".

On the topic of Emenem's stable, I also heard that D12 write 50 Cent's lyrics!

You don't like Missy Elliot as well do you?

posted by  snoopewite

You want variety... I have all of these on my playlist...

Alan Jackson, garth Brooks, bob marley, peter tosh, paul oakenfold, dj venom, bile/krztoff, alabama, avenged sevenfold, Juliana theory, Saves the day, get up kids, hatebreed, Sheek Louch, 2pac, Nas, Jayo Felony, E-40, Tech N9ne, Twista, Danzig, Misfits, Spineshank, Metallica, Skid Row, Bathory, Mayhem, Opeth, Twiztid, Icp, 30 seconds to mars, Tom Petty, Dredg, Marvelous 3, Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, Weezer, Led Zepplin, Third Eye Blind, George Thorogood, Further Seems Further, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Finch, Dashboard Confessionals, Straylight Run, Sunset Fiction, Charlie Daniels, Kenny Chesney, Nerf Herder, After School Knife Fight, As I Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, Nora, Atreyu, Burnt By The Sun, Eighteen Visions, Hopesfall, Poison The Well, At The Gates, Cradle Of Filth, Children Of Bodom, Dark Funeral, Dark Tranquility, Darkane, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Kovenant, Bauhaus, Coal Chamber, Marilyn Manson, Seraphim Shock, Suicide Commando, Zeromancer, Cryptopsy, Devildriver, Exhumed, Shadows Fall, Soilwork, Yellow Machinegun, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Dillinger Escape Plan, 36 Crazyfists, Lost Prophets, Snot, Sparta, The Used, Thrice, Cold, Crossbreed, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Soulfly, Static-X, Taproot, System of a Down, Tool, Biohazard, (Hed)pe, Dope, Rage Against The Machine, 1208, AFI, Agnostic Front, At The Drive In, Authority Zero, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Death By Stereo, Dropkick Murphys, Green Day, Social Distortion, The Casualties, The Exploited, Screaching Weasel, TSOL, Misfits, NOFX, Operation Ivy, Joe Walsh, Confidence Inside, Corporate Avenger, (Old) Lil Jon, Brotha Lynch Hung, C-Bo, Celly Cell, Necro, Non Phixion, Scarface, Shyne, Styles P, Westside Connection, X-Raided, Arsonists, AZ, Famlay, Clipse, Lil Flip, Bonecrusha, Youngbloodz, Digital Underground, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Eminem, Snoop, Dr. Dre, Easy E, ALL of NWA, Icecube, Spice 1, Mr Doctor, Three 6 Mafia, Project Pat, Dj Screw, Swishahouse, South Park Mexican, Mr Lucci, 8Ball, Ludacris, Master P, Bone Thugs -N- Harmony, Cypress Hill, Kottonmouth Kings, d12, Nappy Roots.

Okay, I'm done, I listen to every single one of these artists regularly. Music is good, yup damn near all of it :-). I didn't list very much of the older music I like, Black Sabbath, Doors, Etc... And also I am not one for techno. But I love Country, Reggae, Rock, Rap(was my 1st love)...

There isn't much I don't like. Theres nothing better in your car than the cdplayer if you aren't racing.

posted by  Integra_LS

lol, South Park Mexican.

posted by  Satty101

Jay Z has very few "good" things to say. I can name about 10 of his commercial songs that were ridiculous, Big Pimpin(funny song, but lyrical content was... D+) and songs like that.

Nas, and Jay Z could never compare to 2pac. How many albums have they released? How many Freestyles have they done? 2pac was way ahead of his game in the early 90's. His style started out old school, and then slowly changed his style and made it better and faster. 2pac showed progression throughout his albums, while Nas, and Jay-z have both Degressed in my opinion. Jay Z was so much better when he was broke(:laughs:). And Come on, everyone knows Nas's Illmatic was good, but the next two were weak, Stillmatic did bring him up higher than Jay Z in my oppinion. Also, ether was 5x better than jay-z's weak diss. BUT...None of those diss songs can hold ANYTHING to Hit 'Em Up by 2pac.

posted by  Integra_LS

hell yah SPM. I had a friend named Miguelle(is in lockup now, :doh:) who got me into a bit of mexican rap. Some of it's okay..

But you make fun of SPM, and you like Usher? Haha... :-X *shuts up*

posted by  Integra_LS

What music I like? I like the 'real' stuff, original and talented artists. Here r my favs of today:
Linkin Park, Korn, System Of A Down, Limp Bizkit, Godsmack,
Ludacris, Chingy, Outkast, as well as others..

My favs of all-time: B.I.G, Metallica (don't like their last album though) and Iron Maiden. :rock:

posted by  GMC8100

Yes Big-Pimpin, Money, Ca$h, Hoes are the 2 I can come with at the top of me head but he was younger then and his stuff now is much deeper.

Like I said once before the first M CD was the best. The rest were boring and predticable cause he talked about the same thing.

I doubt that

Hell no!

And as far as Pac is concern sure Hit em Up was the best Diss Record of all time but that doesn't make him the best IMO. He talked about real issues and stuff but lyrical as far as other stuff he wasn't that good.

Jay-Z best album IMO is the Blueprint 2.

Nas is ok. But I like Jay more.

What about people like Mos Def? Or Talibe Kweil (sp?)? Now those are rappers that rap about stuff with meaning and are among the few true lyricist left. :thumbs:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

Rappers? Hang them,cut their necks,burn the bodies and deposit in hell :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

You dont like rappers then? :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

DUH! :cussing:

posted by  lectroid

He loved it before he got capped by 50 cent.

posted by  Integra_LS

Sublime
Pepper
The Ziggens
Less Than Jake

posted by  Widowmaker2k

http://www.mustangcentral.net/mcforums/images/smilies/worshippy.gif

posted by  SuperJew

:guns: Your Musical Opinions

:joking:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

As much as I don't want to go against their opinions because I can be banned, SJ and Lectriod, :fu: http://www.bstuff.com/html/emoticons/alien.gif http://www.bstuff.com/html/emoticons/12.gif

posted by  Satty101

I got a hold of some of SMPs music. Pretty cool stuff. Mexican Radio is probably my favorite I've heard so far...

posted by  Satty101

lectroid was looking to bait me like a fish but you took the bait instead, “SUCKER” and a sucker is a fish :joking:

I’m not sure about how much freestyle Jay-Z’s done but DJ Nonsense might know. I think that he’s respected when it comes to his freestyle. Degressed isn’t a word Integra LS… or for your pioneerization of the English language, maybe I should call you Don King. Hit ‘Em Up by Tupac was a different kind of dis song though. He didn’t ‘keep it on wax’ with The Notorious B.I.G.
By the way, a ":laughs:" inside a pair of "()" doesn't work does it :) : + ) = :)

I’ve never heard Mos Def or Talibe Kweil. The same goes for Cannabis and Comman Sense but I’ve heard good things about them before. So what do you think of Dead Prez? I've only seen that "Hip-Hop" video, which got me interested.

posted by  snoopewite

Holy crap - there are tons of bands and such that I like.

Just to name a few off the top of my head (in no order):
Linkin Park
Vertical Horizon
DoubleDrive
Ra
Aerosmith
Blink-182
Bone Thugs
Brian McKnight
Chevelle
Coldplay
CrazyTown
dcTalk
Disturbed
Edwin McCain
some Eminem
Evanescence
Eve 6
Everclear Fuel
Godsmack
Green Day
Incubus
Hoobastank
Three Days Grace
Story of the Year
Smile Empty Soul
Revis
Perfect Circle
Jars of Clay
some Limp Bizkit
Metallica
Nirvana
Nelly
Nickelback
Offspring
Our Lady Peace
Puddle of Mudd
Paul Oakenfold
Saliva
Theory of a Dead Man
Tool
Train

And many many others. Most groups I only like one or two songs, so yeah. I'll stop now - long post - sorry! :)

posted by  StarAvengerGirl

you got good music taste staravenger....although im not digging the Metallica or Nelly. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Thanks!

Oh and about Nelly and Metallica - those are a good example of those bands that I don't like all of their music, just some. :)

Same with Petey Pablo, Staind, Alien Ant Farm, Baby Bash, Five for Fighting, John Mayer, Crystal Method, The Darkness, Filter, Sublime, Lil John, Usher, Trillville.

I dunno, I have such a wide variety of music. You name it, and I probably like it.

okay. what about gospel music? :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Anything by Meatloaf? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well, its not so much gospel as it is alternative/rock christian music. For example, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, dcTalk, MercyMe. I like those groups too, just don't listen to them as much as I should.

Okay - so you may have got mer here - but I KNOW I know their music, but I just can't think of any of their songs off the top of my head. Help me out here?

Bat outta hell, Two outta three aint bad, Rock 'n Roll dreams, More than you deserve (my fav), Anything for love, Paradise by the dasboard light, Couldn't have said it better myself (his new one), and thats just a few...the list of Mr.Loaf classics goes on and on! :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

He-he.

Anyway I have a few of Jay-Z's freestyles. There on my mixtapes. The freestyles are off of other peoples beats but he murders the tracks lyrically as usual.

Heard a little of Dead Prez stuff but I am not on it which I might start gettin into. I am not really feeling Canabis only heard a little of Common Sense and from what I heard from him hes tight. But Mos Def and Talibe are 2 of my favorites and there lyrics are crazy but they don't get that much credit cause they are still considered "underground".

I see we have alot of Linkin Park fans on the boards. They kick ass! :rock:

Meatloaf? I heard of the name but can't remember what they sing either. Are they a band like the Beattles? :laughing:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

Ah, yes, I recognize a few now. Thanks! :)

No probs...and just to make it absolutelly clear Meatloaf is a 'he' and not a 'they'....just had to nip that one in the bud :thumbs: and no DJ Nonsense, he's not like the Beatles lol..check out the following link to listen to him...I'm quite shocked how some of you guys from the States have never heard of him lol

Meatloaf (http://cdzlimited.net/rock/M_R/meatloaf.html)

posted by  Cliffy

Well you can't forget the musicians! :) That makes 'him' a 'they' :)

I was gonna mention that....Meatloaf has always only been known as a 'one man band' so to speak, he does all the singing apart from the backing vocals etc (his daughter's one of them I believe). :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Woops sorry for typing DEgressed, instead of dIgressed...

Digress \Di*gress"\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Digressed; p. pr. & vb. n. Digressing.] [L. digressus, p. p. of digredi to go apart, to deviate; di- = dis- + gradi to step, walk. See Grade.] 1. To step or turn aside; to deviate; to swerve; especially, to turn aside from the main subject of attention, or course of argument, in writing or speaking.

What i was referring to, while he was coming up, he changed his style, if you will, deviated from his style, to(in my oppinion) match a style like Nas.

I give Jay-Z mucho credit. I just dont think he is one of the best rappers. But it is impressive how Rockafella records started out.

Cannabis is a great freestyler, but on record I don't like him much...

As far as freestyling, I think the champ is Eyedea, although I hate the way he raps, he can tear it up. Along with necro, and a bunch of sick sadistic white boy rappers. I still think Biggie, OR Pac, would wipe the floor with Jay-Z.

And If you want to hear a good song about 9/11, Listen to the song d12-911, the Gorillaz do the beat, and it is a damn good song.

posted by  Integra_LS

You won't find any useless Rapping in this list :laughing:

LED ZEPPELIN
3 DOG NIGHT
BREAD
BEATLES
KANSAS
CCR
FOREIGNER
WILSON PICKETT
SANTANA
ELO
MARVIN GAYE
ALLMAN BROTHERS
LYNARD SKYNARD
QUEEN
STEVE MILLER
AL GREEN
SEALS & CROAFT
POINTER SISTERS
TAVARES
GRAND FUNK RR
PAUL SIMON
JOE COCKER
ELTON JOHN
FLEETWOOD MAC
MEATLOAF
BAD COMPANY
SWEET
JANIS JOPLIN
DOOBIE BROS.
ERIC CLAPTON
ERIC CLAPTON
ERIC CLAPTON
CHICAGO
DOOBIE BROS.
STEVIE WONDER
STAPLE SINGERS
EMERSON,LAKE&PALMER
STYX
BOSTON
WAR
JETHRO TULL
BARRY WHITE
BB the KING
NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND
STEAM
EAGLES
BOB SEGER
ABBA
GUESS WHO
TEMPTATIONS
TINA TURNER
CHER
OHIO PLAYERS
DR. HOOK
BLACK SABBATH
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
AVERAGE WHITE BAND
O’JAYS
COMMODORS
EARTH,WIND& FIRE
KANSAS
CAT STEVENS
GRASS ROOTS
PETER FRAMPTON
KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND
AEROSMITH
LOGGINS & MESSINA
THE WHO
DOORS
WALTER EAGAN
ROBERT PALMER
EDWIN STARR
JAMES TAYLOR
MOODY BLUES
THE RASCALS
STYLISTICS
LITTLE RIVER BAND
AMERICA
ARGENT
TOM PETTY
SUPERTRAMP
BOZ SCAGGS
BILL WITHERS
ZZ TOP
JAMES GANG
VAN HALEN
RAY CHARLES
REDBONE
I would have gone on and on, but, I got tired.
Old fart,ain't I ?

posted by  lectroid

Wahoooo, it aint only me who likes Meat Loaf!

posted by  Cliffy

I can tell you one thing, I hate the goddamn food. Also, my mom loves Meatloaf, bat out of hell is one of her fav cds :thumbs:.

I don't like rap too much Lectroid, but "You won't find any useless Rapping in this list" It cants be that useless, It's the most popular form of music out today. Not that that means anything, but being useless means it has no use, but it obviously does, generating lots and lots of money. :-)

posted by  Integra_LS

Nas said it himself.

I myself have started to respect rappers like Jay-Z more after seeing their stories and seeing them being interviewed etc.

Eyedea (http://tiger.towson.edu/users/vpirpi1/eyedea_&_slug_freestyle_@_wake_up_Sh ow_part_2.wmv)? I'd love to see Grime Tha MC (http://www.td3productions.com/video/Grime%20-%20MC%20Battle_NEW.wmv) muder him in a battle.
I've not heard of necro but Nardo's another white (at least he looks white) rhyme monster.

posted by  snoopewite

Nah not really. Jay-Z and Nas have 2 totally different rapping styles. Jay-Z is more of a rapper as for Nas is more as a Lyricist. Theres a major differnce.

Eyedea? Never heard of but I have heard of Jae Millz, Cassidy, Jae Hood, Jin, Joe Buddens, Dipset, and Fabolous. Now those are some good freestylers. Out of that list Jin is the best disser and Fabolous is the best freestyler.

Big maybe Pac in a freestyle no. But if Pac was still alive and they were to make a diss album on each other (Jay-Z and Pac) then yes 2 Pac would kill him.

posted by  DJ Nonsense

Didn't you click on my links in post 50?

posted by  snoopewite

Your Message