The spirit world?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  The spirit world?

I've been thinking about this alot recently, I dunno why, just curiosity I guess lol. My question is, what are all your opinions on life after death, communicating with the dead and all associated happenings or psychic beliefs? I kinda belive in all of this stuff as my wife has been stupid enough to call a few of those premium rate phone line thingys where by you're given a reading over the phone. I know alot of you will say that it's all a load of hocas pokas, but frighteningly, alot of the conversation that took place was information that only we could possibly know, and we didn't put any words into the Psychic's mouth either.....very strange, but I think it's certainly believeable if ya go to the right person and not just somebody who's out to make a bit of extra money on the side!

As far as life after death goes, I certainly believe in this too, as I fail to see how your life is completely over once you've "crossed over" so to speak lol, I'm not too sure how it would work, but as I said, it's just far more believeable to think that you can live another life...I guess. What are your thoughts on this? hopefully this will become a nice controvercial thread lol.....:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I've thought about that too lol...I do believe in some ghosts...but then I don't believe in them either lol it's confusing. As for life after death, I think there is heaven but the whole death thing confuses me...It's wierd though, because there's no way to know really lol :confused:

posted by  chris_knows

Worry about life after death after you die, but for now enjoy your life. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Me being Christian I believe in a life after death, sure why not, everything is possible. And about the spirit world and such, well, before we moved into our old house about a year ago, atleast 4 people died there from either age, illness or falling. While we were in this house (I was about 11) we encountered many what would seem to be paranormal events, such as walking down the hallway and you get hit with a absolutely frigid burst of air that goes as quickly as it come, you could hear people walking when nobody was up, the bathroom shower door used to swing open only when someone was in the bathroom, (the thing that scared the shit out of me the most) was I remember one night I was sleeping, and I awoke to be felt like I was being watched because as I opened my eyes I could see my breath in the air, and when I sat up I heard this quick shuffling that led out of my door. We got my Uncle Angelo (very italian i kno) to bless the house and before we moved it never had any of those reoccurances happen again. So do I believe in the paranormal, yea, I do :2cents:

Believable to ya'll? Doubt it, but whatever

posted by  99integra

I think that when you die, that exact second in time...
you are concieved again somewhere random, a baby girl in china, a housefly in florida, a moose up here in newfoundland... you get the idea:laughing:

im pretty sure its called reincarnation but that might not be exactly it

posted by  nighthawk

I think reincarnation is when you come back as an animal or something...so you're kinda right lol.

It's very hard for me to explain this, but I'll try all the same lol. I find it increasingly hard to believe that once you die, that's it...for ever! I think that, as you said nighthawk, as soon as you die, you are another person, if that makes sense.....

I believe all of that, Teggs! infact, I seem to recall similar occurences in the past. When I was about the same age as you were, I would sometimes go to sleep only to be awaken by what can only be described as somebody blowing in my ear lol.....strange I know, not sure if it's supernatural or just pyschological, but it definately fealt as I described!

Also, just recently, whenever I've been at home alone (if the wife was away with any of her numerous boyfriends for example lol...jk...just if she was away for whatever reason!), and I've gone to bed, I have heard like extreamly loud shreaking noises through my head. I cant explain it my more than that, and I'm not sure what else it could be, unless it's just a very real dream, but it sure does keep me awake sometimes. Also, it hasn't happened sinse we moved house about four months ago, but then I haven't really been here by myself much given the shifts that I work!

Maybe I need Exorcising or something lol

posted by  Cliffy

The human body is made of atoms, pure energy, now all your organs can shut down but what happens to the energy? It has to be somewhere. I believe in all that stuff. I've seen a lot of strange things and some of those times i wasn't under the influence.

posted by  Lizard King 6B

Well, I could say what I know, but I'm pretty sure it's a banned topic...

posted by  jedimario

You've lost me.....lol

posted by  Cliffy

A while ago a thread turned into a religous discussion, Bav deleted it, and I asked him why. He said it's a banned topic.

posted by  jedimario

I see....by all means post it again, if it turns into said 'banned topic' or becomes a flame war one of us will edit it...I seem to vaguly remember, did Bav become the subject of any vigilante members? lol jk :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well, there is definately a spirit world out there, and there are basically two sides. On one side there are demons, and their "leader" is Satan, and he is the cause of all evil in the world. I think that things like real fortune tellers and real witchcraft come from him, because it certainly doesn't come from God, the other side, and Satan certainly has the power to do such things.

As far as the other side goes, there's the Trinity (God, Son, and Holy Spirit). That's all really complicated, but I do believe He still does "miracles" like He did in "Bible times", they're just not as prominate or frequent in today's society.

There's nothing else as far as the spirit world goes, that's it. As far as life after death, it is certainly there. When you die, you either go to heaven or hell. You're not reincarnated, you don't just "go to sleep", you'll go to heaven or hell.

That's what I know, without breaking that rule too much :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Thanx for that.....although if any further info was against any rules...they'd be unwritten ones..:laughing:

I was listening to a Radio show the other day and they were talking about Guardian Angles etc, and it's all very interesting stuff! I'm not too sure just how much of it to believe, but what was being said was kind of reasuring to hear, you know, the thought of having somebody watching over you...all the time, although there are some situations whereby I'd rather be alone/with one female, possibly two...know what I mean? lol

posted by  Cliffy

Well there's lots of people out there that say this and that about God but are fakes. Stuff like "buy this hankerchief, it's been blessed, you'll feel the Holy Spirit every time you youch it" is a good indication of it being fake :laughing:

God and His angels do watch over us, but it can be taken out of proportion just like anyhting else. I'm not gona pretend to be able to tell you whether most cases of these radio shows and TV shows are false or not, but there are some that definately are, I'd just have to see it for myself. And by watching over, He's not watching over you like you're a sitcom, He's protecting you sometimes, he knows all of your sin, that kinda thing. You'd still be alone with the person, just not "alone". It's kinda complicated lol

posted by  jedimario

I see what you're saying lol. The strange thing is, I used to be extreamly skeptical about this sort of thing, it's just in the past few years I've felt like this! I see what you're saying about being overlooked.....I just think that maybe if you're looked over, you're looked over, end of story, in other words I'd see it as more of a constant thing rather than an occassional thing, it that make sense!

As for the Radio show and numerous TV shows, I've always wondered about the TV shows and would probably remain skeptical untill something similar happened to me, but the radio show, due to it being more localised and live, seemed far more realistic to to there being less scope for it to be "fixed" :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well, it is constant...it's just...difficult to explain :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

I know what you're saying. It's constant, they just dont take much notice most of the time...I guess? lol

posted by  Cliffy

Oh no not at all, God notices EVERYTHING. He's omnipotent, He knows everything there is to know. Well, I'm not sure the Bible actually says that anywhere, but he knows all of everyone's, yes, everyone's, thoughts and actions.

posted by  jedimario

I meant that he's there all the time, but not to watch your every move....I think, lol. By the way, are we talking about God now? lol....I guess it's all related though...

posted by  Cliffy

Well once you die, you are dead. Pretty simple. I was raised as a Catholic but I don't believe in a lot of things. If there is a god, why are there like 5 different gods that different races believe in? Why is half the world suffering from starvation, poverty and war? Who did cavemen believe in before? I'm sure they didn't know what the hell to think. Over 2000 years stories get retold and exaggerations (sp?) get stretched and the whole story gets twisted around.

Off topic kind of but I have always been curious about aliens and the universe. How far does the universe go, where do black holes lead to, how did some things get where they are (ex. face on mars) Where exactly is the the universe? etc. etc.

posted by  Benson

So you dont believe in God, but you're curiouse about Aliens? lol

posted by  Cliffy

Well, you seem to have it all figured out.

People believe different things, read over some threads in this forum if you want the answer to that question.

Does that really have anything to do with their being an existance with God? No, it doesn't.

So again, you know what you're talking about here. You were around 2,000 years ago and you remember these "stories" yourself and you can see that they're twisted as they're told today? Thought not.

My point is simple. No one can say which way it was way back when. They can't say true, nor can they say false. They can chose to believe certain things, or they can chose not to. Here is something about it though: One way is right and one way is wrong. If you want to believe there is a God, or if you want to believe there is not, one is right and one is wrong.

Now to put some bias in here, and to throw in a Christian opinion, how many of you have been hearing about "end times" lately? Not saying anything towards that, but it's made a lot of people curious as to look into what the Bible actually says about end times, and they find themselves reading the news paper that was written long, long ago. Just something to think about. Now to kick evolution to the curb, everyone who has ever studied anything will realize that is a crock. :wink2:

Alright, time for everyone's opinion. Remember...discussion, not fight.

posted by  67Coronet383

If I remember right it's omniscient- all knowing, omnipotent- all powerful omnipresence- everywhere at the same time.

posted by  thefonz

OK OK, so He's both :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Just because he wasn't there when it happened doesn't mean he's wrong. I wasn't around for the Black Death, are you going to argue with me that it didn't happen?

As far as the Bible being exactly correct, it's really hard to believe that it hasn't changed one bit in it's retellings over the years. Also, the Bible (Old Testament specifically) is older than 2,000 years. Anyways, a good example is Mary Magdelane (sp?). In the original versions of the Bible she wasn't included. You could use the DaVinci Code reasoning for this one, or maybe someone who was writing a copy along the way decided to throw it in. Either way, it shows that the Bible has changed. To honestly believe that it hasn't means that you've never played telephone.

I strongly believe that there are some changes in the bible, and like a hair in my soup, those changes ruin the whole bowl. I don't know what, if any, is true, so basically I see it more of a guideline to live your live rather than a history lesson.

And as far as ghost shows, "Ghost Hunters" on SciFi is one of my guilty pleasures. They go into a place trying to disprove the haunting. Much less than half of the time a place is actually deemed haunted by them. No matter how many personal experiences they had there (seeing/hearing/felling things) they don't really count it as evidence unless it was caught on tape and is unable to be disproved by them.

posted by  giant016

That's a very black and white way to look at it. You have to remember that God's not necessarily a person.

yeah, you really kicked it to the curb there :roll:

posted by  windsonian

We aren't talking about if things did or didn't happen, we're talking about having certain facts straight.

Lets say the davinci code is a real crock and leave it there, but add the note that Dan Brown states in the book at the front that everything in that book is fact and accurate. That book is nothing but Dan Brown's assumptions and on top of that he twists everything so the 90% of people that read it that don't know the truth will be even more confused.

Ok, I guess that makes it fact then if you believe it.

Of course they deem haunting every now and then. Otherwise, who'd watch? Weird how people can believe in things such as ghosts, or that putting peper on their weiner before a foot race gives them good luck, but the fact that everything that perfectly works and fits in this universe happened by a big boom and a whole lot of impossible chances.

posted by  67Coronet383

Yeah it is a black and white way to look at it. After all, it's very black and white. There is or there isnt. And um, I never said God was a "person." :roll:

Why thank you very much.

posted by  67Coronet383

My point is that you're taking a very literal interpretation of God. I don't believe that it is black and white. If it was, then which religion is right? If it's black and white, then only one can be.... I find that a difficult idea to swallow.

That's ok, so long as you know that you didn't make a point, or prove anything etc etc....

posted by  windsonian

I'm not seeing how a ficticious novel has anyhting to do with this discussion :screwy:

Tell that to the people that have studied the Dead Sea Scrolls and other anctient recordings of the Bible.

posted by  jedimario

Hard to swallow or not, it can't be more than one thing at once.

Oh, so now you're being serious? Well, since you are being serious now. If you find it hard to swallow a simple concept, how can you swallow that everything that so perfectly "is" in this universe came to be by an explosion and an endless series of impossible odds?

posted by  67Coronet383

Well life's difficult, get over it. Funny, seems you should be the one tellin that to me...

posted by  jedimario

why does this crap always happen? Everytime a thread closely related to this, someone has to start some kind of battle. :banghead:

posted by  Satty101

Because this is, or should be, what each and every person is most passionate about, at least for Christians. I don't want to cause trouble, but I can't not try to say what I'm obligated to say.

posted by  jedimario

If it's what you believe in then what's the point of argueing about it and pretty much calling someone elses beliefs false? I too am a Christian (Well, Methodist if that even counts...) but I don't go around telling everyone that my OPINION is better than theirs.

posted by  Satty101

I don't really know anyhting about Methodists, but I wouldn't say they're not Christians. I do beleive that what I believe is right and fact though, and that there's no way around it. To me, it's not an opinion, it's fact. And there is no other fact, the rest is false, it's black and white. That's what I believe, I'm in a way obligated to tell everyone that's what I believe, so I will. I mean, I'm really not a mean person :laughing: There's just some things that are extremly importatnt to me.

posted by  jedimario

Extremely important to you or not, fact to you or opinion, it does not matter when it comes to other people. This is just another my dad can beat up your dad, I have the bigger penis style debate. You have to base everything soley on opinion when you have no hard proof. And please, Im not asking for proof on either of the debates, I brought up earlier in this post.

posted by  Satty101

Sorry Satty....

Why not?

"simple"? ha ha ... if it's so simple, care to explain why there are millions of different ideas about this all over the world?

Who said I do?

posted by  windsonian

Well that's a pretty simple thing to answer, that for some reason many have trouble comprehending.

Universe, by definition is everything, so it's infinitely boundless. Lets just say there is a boundary to the universe and you are standing at it, for the boundary to exist there must be something on the otherside to define that condition.

posted by  Wally

wwoooooaaaaaaaaaa (to be said in a stoner voice)

I hope none of the guys from the mary-jane thread read this one....:mrgreen:

ps: wally, was the pm too hard for you?

posted by  windsonian

Holy crap! I'm goin to hell!

Amen, satty101. Everyone has their own opinion, it doesn't mean that they are right. Truth be told, nobody knows. And you will not know until you're dead. If you really want to get to the answer, step in front of a bus!

What really bothers me is that i've been told, on countless occasions, that i'm going to spend eternity in hell for not believing in god. What?! I thought this god you speak of is ever forgiving. He (or she, for the ladies) can forgive serial killers, rapist, ect. but not me just because i didn't believe in him. Well if that's truely how it would be if he exists. Then screw him!

That's kinda why I started it actually, that's not to say that it was a valid thread to start, as I meant what I said in the opening post! and CF hasn't had a controvertial thread in quite some time lol.

posted by  Cliffy

I think it was a good idea. A little contraversy adds a little flavor. Get everybody hiped up and let them speak their mind. Most are dying to on this subject anyway.

Cause man has to have some sort of religion, that's how we're wired, and some people didn't know the truth and made stuff up, others knew the truth but didn't want the rules so they made stuff up.

posted by  jedimario

Anyone who accepts the forgiveness and changes their life is forgiven. If you steal a candy bar and don't repent and change your ways, you'll go to hell. If you murder 50 people, but do repent and change your life and accept His forgiveness, you won't. As far as sin goes, it's black and white to God. He doesn't care what the sin is or how much of it there is, the only thing that matters to Him is whether it's there or not. And it is there for all of us. It's inherited. Sucks I know, but that's just the way I believe it is.

posted by  jedimario

Now wait, i did a lot of crappy things in my younger years but changed my ways when my son was born. I changed for my son. I couldn't give a s#@t less about forgiveness from something i don't beleive in. So you think i'll go to hell?

I'm not putting words in your mouth just asking what you believe.

:2cents:

posted by  giant016

Since you asked, I'll be honest. I have no idea. If you die with the same beleifs that I think you have now, then yes I do think you'd go to hell. You or anyone could change though, and I'm guessing you've probably got alot of life yet to live, alot could happen.

posted by  jedimario

A lot has happened in my life which leads me to my beliefs. As far as me going to hell, That's such sh#t! What kind of loving, forgiving god is that?!

Anyway, i don't believe in hell either so no worries.

I was not created in the likeness of a fraud. Your hell is something scary, i prefer a loving god.

Just so ypu know, I don't like telling you any more than you like hearing it, but that's just the way it is, I'm not gonna lie.

He IS loving, but He's also just. The fact that He gave man a way out of hell and that he made it optional proves He's loving. If He hadn't given man a way out, we'd have to do the whole sacrificing thing to get out of going to hell, I think. But now all's we have to do is accept his forgiveness. and repent. Not much to ask for.

The reason you go to hell is because God cannot be in the presence of sin, and accepting his forgiveness (the whole Jesus thing) takes the sin away, it's not there anymore. Now Christians can still sin, everyone makes mistakes, but it's forgiven once you're a Christian.

posted by  jedimario

Truefully, i don't really care. And i don't mind you telling me your opinion or i wouldn't be on this thread. As long as a person doesn't approach me on the street or out somewhere preachin the gospil and all that crap. And actually, if that's what makes you happy and you learn good moralls from it, i'm happy for you. I didn't want the whole religion thing pushed on my son (wanted him to make up his own mind when old enough) but his mother did it behind my back. But he has learned some very good things through church.

So, more power to ya. It's just not my thing.

Alright then, but just so you know, He is loving no matter what and He's forgiving if you accept it, and He doesn't want anyone to go to hell. There, I'm done if you are.

posted by  jedimario

I definitely believe there MUST be some other form of intelligent life out there in the universe. More food for thought: If your looking at a star 100 light years away, you are looking 100 years into the past. So IF we had an impossibly strong optical to look into space, and we saw little critters building homes on a planet, then it's entirely possible that they've already evolved into advanced creatures, used up their planets fossil fuels, and wiped each other out in nuclear war.

posted by  Scolson

Well, things would be different on another planet. Atomic bombs might be impossible or obsolete depending on the planet. This is all assuming that the planet could support life, a very unlikely thing indeed. So, possible, yes, but very unprobable. :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

But on another planet it is possible that it would be impossible for the living things to survive here. Remember the universe is really really really really really really really really really really really big there must be SOMETHING out there. The idea that they used atomic bombs really isn;t relevent, just an example.

: laughing : SO NOW YOUR LAUGHING AT MY IDEAS?!?!?! FOCK OFF! :wink2:

posted by  Scolson

I always thought that the universe never ends...which is kinda hard to imagine lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I don't even know where to start, I could argue but I don't even feel like writing 1000 words. It's MY opinion, I can believe what I I want to believe.

Oh and about the aliens part, do they have a God? And did God create the universe? If he did, did he create other beings. Who created Satan too?

Science may think they know what the hell they are talking about, but most of it is blabber. Think about how many times they have been wrong in the past, they could be wrong now about the big bang, evolution, etc. Things that make sense right now will probably be looked back on in 50 years and they will say, "How the hell did scientists come up with that?"

posted by  Benson

:stupid:

posted by  jedimario

so do you know who's right?

posted by  windsonian

Yep =)

posted by  jedimario

well?

posted by  windsonian

In your OPINION. Show me some proof. Then I'll believe you. BTW, did you hear the rumor that The Bible was originally intended to be a children's bedtime story book?:wink2:

Anyways, to get back on the topic of this thread, I was skeptical about any kind of afterlife until what I experienced today. I went to this house and barn which was supposedly haunted. I ofcourse, being a skeptic on this subject wasn't scared or anything. So I'm standing by my car when out of nowhere, the temp around me drops atleast 20 degrees, and I feel something knock me off my feet. I flew back about 3-4 feet right into the driver's side rear door. We decided to get out of there. On the trip back, my chest started to burn a bit. About 3 minutes later it got way too unbearable. I took my shirt off and one of my friends noticed I had a red burn mark on the center of my chest...Now, I believe there is something. Whether I believe in God, Satan, Hell and Heaven, I'm still skeptical. But I have TOTAL faith that there is an afterlife. My 2 cents.

posted by  Satty101

crazy!

posted by  windsonian

Well, if there was proof, then I wouldn't need faith, and faith is a key part. So there's not any scientific evidence of God, but there's a whole backing up the way the Bible explains the creation of the world, some for the great flood imo, and a few other little things, but nothing too substantial. If you can give me a better option, please do, I'm an open minded kinda guy.

posted by  jedimario

so it's faith ... then you don't know?

posted by  windsonian

There's no way to know scientificly, but it all seems to add up to me, and I have complete faith, so yes I do know. Call me a fool, call me stupid, whatever, I know what I know and there's nothing you can do to change it.

posted by  jedimario

Oh, so the church has NEVER been wrong? Hmmm....heliocentric theory, gravity, dinosaurs, etc. At least when science is wrong scientists don't go killing all the people who pointed out that they were wrong, and taking decades if not centuries to admit they were incorrect. And MOST of science is blabber? Please, enlighten me as to what you know but scientists don't. I'm not saying science is infallible, but in comparison to religion, science owns.

posted by  giant016

I'd just like to make a distinction here...I think that was the Catholic church. Big difference between them and protestants, I don't think Baptists, Presbyterians, etc. would ever do such things, and if they would I would certainly never endorse them.

posted by  jedimario

Ok, so we went back (BIG mistake) when it was black. There is NO electricity going to this place (been abandoned since...oh...40-50 years ago...) and there was lights on! Not only that, but we DID see faces, figures, and shadows (mostly in the barn, but the only face we saw was on the house). I am NOT going back there EVER again. Not only that but we got some video footage I am almost positive we got some EVPs. When we played the video back on the TV we could hear some kind of man whispering...plus something hit my chest again, and something grabbed my arm. I'm not makin this shit up....there is something very weird going on in that house....:ohcrap:

posted by  Satty101

Maybe you should go back naked. :laughing:

posted by  67Coronet383

I'm not going to call you stupid. I'm just going to suggest that you don't have a particularly good command of the English language. To believe something and to know something are two different concepts. I never tried to contest your faith, nor would I ever, and I'm not going to contest what you know (because I personally DON'T know), but I will suggest that you don't "know", you believe.

There's nothing wrong with that, I just don't think it's the right word.

posted by  windsonian

Nope, sorry, I know it. I know it like I know your avatar is the Australian flag. Like I said, nothing you can say will change it.

posted by  jedimario

from birth to death thats all you get, no afterlife, no wonderful white land of clouds, you got one chance, live every moment and dont take anything for granted, if you clean crappers, dont long to be the guy who owns the buisness of crapper cleaning, be the best damn crapper cleaner ever, and just remeber the golden rule.. treat others how you would wanna be treated! :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

lol I agree with the latter part :orglaugh:

posted by  jedimario

according to my religion your going to hell so buckle up mario im driving the bus:thumbs:

What? If you're just saying that because of some things I said, you need to go back and read the thread, I never said anyone's going to hell.

posted by  jedimario

So, what if I said that I knew otherwise? In the case of the Australian flag, you could prove me wrong, in the other case, you couldn't.... and yet it's supposedly a simple concept?

posted by  windsonian

Guess it's just a Christian's perspective.

posted by  jedimario

no. what makes you think that I'm not christian?

posted by  windsonian

Well, now that I go back and look, nothing :laughing:

I guess one of us just isn't seeing something the other is.

posted by  jedimario

just yankin yer chain, religion is very time consuming, and its something we have little of, if you enjoy spending it on religion than by all means you are a free spirit to believe and do what you want. just stop closing your mind or you will forever be ignorant to the living breathing world around you

:wink2:

Which is why I say you believe rather than know. I'm not saying you're wrong or right. I happen to believe too, but I don't believe I'm in a position to say I know. If I knew, I think I'd be a more powerful person than I am.

Anyway, I quite like the debate :mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

LOL.....Obviously you've had a near death experience then?

Satty, not being funny here, but I think you need to visit a Priest lol.....sounds like you have some dodgy old soul inside your body...:laughing:

As I said previously, I was skeptical about all of this life after death stuff etc etc, but I believe what you say, as now I'm less of a skeptic myself.....Unless of course you're taking the piss and lying to us all...In which case, I knew all along lol

posted by  Cliffy

(spoken like the waterboy)
Women are the debil!:evil:
Yea, i quit

Say what? :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Did I say they were wrong or right? Get it f*cking right next time and don't assume shit.

posted by  Benson

To me it sounded like you were saying that since science has been wrong in the past, you can't believe it. I was just saying that religion has been wrong just as much if not more than science in the past.

In resposne to another post, I was mostly referring to Catholocism. This has turned into a science Vs. religion debate, and it seems to me that catholics are always challenging science. Also, I was born & raised catholic, so it is the religion I know the most about.

posted by  giant016

Catholicism is not a religion... as much as catholics (and certain others) might wish it to be.

posted by  windsonian

Actually the universe is constantly expanding.

posted by  Scolson

Oh yeah I've heard of that too and it's supposed to start coming back together after a while from gravity...But then what's outside of the universe? lol I'm confused lol :tard:

posted by  chris_knows

precisely .... any clues scolsen?

posted by  windsonian

Ok, you'll change your mind tommorrow. We deffinatley have EVPs. All of us heard it.....

posted by  Satty101

I still say go naked. Maybe even dance a little, too.:orglaugh:

You know, have a party with the spirits. Sure they could use something to do.

posted by  67Coronet383

Well duh, all's they have to do is smack passerby in the chest! :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying there, Satty! lol

posted by  Cliffy

Nothing. The universe is everything that there is anywhere.

posted by  Scolson

But then how does it keep expanding? lol Is there like a wall or something at the end of the universe? What's outside of that "wall"? I'm so confused!! lol

posted by  chris_knows

I don't know.

posted by  Scolson

I won't be able to sleep not knowing lol I'll tell you guys if I find anything though lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Hope you've got alot of caffeine, you won't be sleeping for a loooong time.

posted by  jedimario

heres one for you chris that might keep you up, and it may be beyond the universe or just anything in paticular, try to imagine seeing something you've never seen before...... and i dont mean like jesus... because you already have a predisposed image in your head of what he might look like thanks to pictures or drawings or how someone else desribed him, just try to wrap your mind around the thought of something that you have never seen, or anyone has ever seen. i gets really tough trust me but it might open your eyes to a whole new world. I always try to imagine what another intelligent life form may look like....and the first thing that always comes to mind is of course the typical alien big head, or wierd green monsters...but look past that, look past rational thinking, look past ego's and icons and t/v and internet and just see what your mind can come up with.....it will probably take many many years and you may not see it till the day of your passing, but the attempt is what counts. try meditating and instead of seeking the knowledge of all this jibber jabber about life, just find the knowledge anyone can but very few do.:thumbs:

I've looked around, and the best I can come up with is what I found on Wikipedia, that it doesn't end but everything inside of it is constantly expanding and drifting farther apart (or at least that's what I was able to understand from it lol). That's deep right there. It sounds complicated, but I'll definitely try that tonight or tomorrow. Sounds like a good way to relax.

posted by  chris_knows

Oh you mean just do something orginal? Yeah that's pretty tough nowadays...:laughing:

posted by  jedimario

I was goin to PM the video with EVPs to you but I went to about 5 different places yesterday that are supposedly haunted then went out drinking and just now got up. It's 3:18 in the afternoon. lol. Where'd my day go?!?!

posted by  Satty101

Your Message